Good Afternoon, just arrived

Want to relax, share an experience or just have a friendly discussion. This is the place

Moderators: cmlean, Ed

gkaytaz
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by gkaytaz » Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:51 pm

Gave in and looked it up. Link's below. It's in German but easy to understand. Tifoso is said to be the singular form of tifosi. The word apparently means supporter or fan in Italian. Moreover it stems from the disease called Typhus :shock2:

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tifoso
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:54 pm

gkaytaz wrote:
<T-K> wrote: Also watching how locations change can be a bit of a laugh :)
And you have been on the brink for some time now :)
:lol: I have....Think its time for a change :)

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:54 pm

gkaytaz wrote: Moreover it stems from the disease called Typhus :shock2:

:ROTFLMAO: :rolling: :ROTFLMAO: :rolling: :ROTFLMAO: :rolling: :ROTFLMAO: :rolling: I found that amusing....

gkaytaz
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by gkaytaz » Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:20 pm

<T-K> wrote:
gkaytaz wrote:
<T-K> wrote: Also watching how locations change can be a bit of a laugh :)
And you have been on the brink for some time now :)
:lol: I have....Think its time for a change :)
Depends on which way you'll step :)
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:21 pm

gkaytaz wrote:
jacfan wrote: I love watching the changing of signatures... Julian's change so often and seem to always reflect what is happening in his life. I like your siggy T-K :D
Well, I am quite boring in that aspect :) Once I got the setup right I never changed a thing...
You are not boring. You are just happy with the way you have set things up. Some of us just keep changing things for our own reasons... me because I get bored of the same thing all the time.
Jeremy is happy with things to stay the same. He has eaten the same breakfast every morning for as long as I have known him... which is about 26 years.... I on the other could not do that... I would start to hate it and then never eat it again.
Holy crap on a cracker! Image
Number one idiot for 2007!!!!!
2008 Round of France winner!!! Wooooooohoooo!!!!!!
2010 Round of Britian winner!!!!!!

gkaytaz
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by gkaytaz » Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:26 pm

jacfan wrote:
gkaytaz wrote:
jacfan wrote: I love watching the changing of signatures... Julian's change so often and seem to always reflect what is happening in his life. I like your siggy T-K :D
Well, I am quite boring in that aspect :) Once I got the setup right I never changed a thing...
You are not boring. You are just happy with the way you have set things up. Some of us just keep changing things for our own reasons... me because I get bored of the same thing all the time.
Jeremy is happy with things to stay the same. He has eaten the same breakfast every morning for as long as I have known him... which is about 26 years.... I on the other could not do that... I would start to hate it and then never eat it again.
Thanks for the kind words. If I ever happen to set foot on Australia I will buy you and your hubby a pint in the local pub. :cheers:

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:42 pm

That would be great. :cheers: In the meantime... :cheers: :drink:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Re: Good Afternoon, just arrived

Post by Julian Mayo » Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:47 am

tifoso wrote:Nice to meet all you lot, hope to join in with some chat etc
:welcome: :cheers:
Speaking as the only truly sane member of the Forum, it gives me great pleasure to extend a warm welcome to you. I hope you will enjoy your stay with us, and trust it will be a lengthy one.
May I point out that there is an annual tithe, due now.
Simply post the Bank Draft to "The Forums", attn Julian Mayo. Advisedly, any Draft in excess of $US100,000 should be sent by registered Mail.
Fresh towels will be left at the door of your padded ce....ooops....room every morning, and the morning newspapers are available when we finally catch the dogs.
Bon Voyage :lol:
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:16 pm

Julian Mayo wrote:
Speaking as the only truly sane member of the Forum, it gives me great pleasure to extend a warm welcome to you. I hope you will enjoy your stay with us, and trust it will be a lengthy one.
Simply post the Bank Draft to "The Forums", attn Julian Mayo. Advisedly, any Draft in excess of $US100,000 should be sent by registered Mail.
Fresh towels will be left at the door of your padded ce....ooops....room every morning, and the morning newspapers are available when we finally catch the dogs.
The only sane member :shock2: :shock2:

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:51 pm

jacfan wrote:
Julian Mayo wrote:
Trying to picture what Julian meant by "the only truly sane member".............. :shock2: :shock2: :shock2: And, tifoso, after chatting about the finer points of the sport, whether F1 or NA motorsports, don't forget to visit the Lounge.....oh, wait, we're in the Lounge; okay, I meant, don't forget to visit the bar, the VIP tower, etc... :lol: :lol: :lol:
The Sci-Fi Station Come by and visit when you get the chance. :)
The Wayward Tarheel I'm even in the blogosphere.... :shock:

gkaytaz
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by gkaytaz » Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:47 pm

Sanity is but an illusion :wink:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:04 pm

mlittle wrote:
jacfan wrote:
Julian Mayo wrote:
Trying to picture what Julian meant by "the only truly sane member".............. :shock2: :shock2: :shock2: And, tifoso, after chatting about the finer points of the sport, whether F1 or NA motorsports, don't forget to visit the Lounge.....oh, wait, we're in the Lounge; okay, I meant, don't forget to visit the bar, the VIP tower, etc... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sane people know where they are 8)

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:05 pm

gkaytaz wrote:Sanity is but an illusion :wink:
That is a delusion :wink:

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:23 pm

Nothing to do with illusion/delusion but have to ask... why are you building cages???? Has the building of cages got anything to do with love being lethal??? :?

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:25 pm

gkaytaz wrote:
I am thinking it is time for a change. :mb: