"In your dreams" !!

Want to relax, share an experience or just have a friendly discussion. This is the place

Moderators: cmlean, Ed

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:26 pm

jacfan wrote:
Julian Mayo wrote:
<T-K> wrote:
twas a very condescending way of saying good luck....
TK, the motor-sport world is a cauldron, where you might just hear the odd uncomplimentary word. More so once the press is involved.
Get over it.
That may well be true but I don't think it is necessary for him to have to put up with that sort of thing here where he is supposed to among friends. A good way to get him to leave if you ask me. I have never heard "in your dreams" as a way of saying "good luck". T-K, don't let it get to you. You have lots of friends here who wish you good luck in the traditional manner. :D :D
May I suggest that you re-read that which I posted. In this part of the world, if a friend says something, or plans something fanciful, outrageous, or down right silly, such as TK's post was, we say "goodluck" in a friendly, yet slightly derisive tone.......such was Liz's intention, using the scottish variation.
I have far too much hapening in the real world to be bothered with this, so this will be all I will post on the matter...........
.....I have spoken to Liz......she apologises unreservedly for any difficulties that may have arisen through cultural misunderstandings et al,
finds it all absolutely mind boggling, and will not be bothering the forums any further.

gkaytaz
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by gkaytaz » Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:35 pm

jacfan wrote:That may well be true but I don't think it is necessary for him to have to put up with that sort of thing here where he is supposed to among friends. A good way to get him to leave if you ask me. I have never heard "in your dreams" as a way of saying "good luck". T-K, don't let it get to you. You have lots of friends here who wish you good luck in the traditional manner. :D :D
That's definitely one spot where being conservative wouldn't hurt :)
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:12 pm

Julian Mayo wrote:
jacfan wrote:
Julian Mayo wrote:
TK, the motor-sport world is a cauldron, where you might just hear the odd uncomplimentary word. More so once the press is involved.
Get over it.
That may well be true but I don't think it is necessary for him to have to put up with that sort of thing here where he is supposed to among friends. A good way to get him to leave if you ask me. I have never heard "in your dreams" as a way of saying "good luck". T-K, don't let it get to you. You have lots of friends here who wish you good luck in the traditional manner. :D :D
May I suggest that you re-read that which I posted. In this part of the world, if a friend says something, or plans something fanciful, outrageous, or down right silly, such as TK's post was, we say "goodluck" in a friendly, yet slightly derisive tone.......such was Liz's intention, using the scottish variation.
I have far too much hapening in the real world to be bothered with this, so this will be all I will post on the matter...........
.....I have spoken to Liz......she apologises unreservedly for any difficulties that may have arisen through cultural misunderstandings et al,
finds it all absolutely mind boggling, and will not be bothering the forums any further.
I did read your post. I am not going to argue with you or anyone else about it. I was merely concerned for T-K's feelings. I don't want him OR her to leave. I don't even know who she is. If you feel the need to defend her then that is fine and your perogative, just as it is my perogative to defend T-K and I would defend you and just about anyone else who I believe has been treated bad for no apparent reason.
Holy crap on a cracker! Image
Number one idiot for 2007!!!!!
2008 Round of France winner!!! Wooooooohoooo!!!!!!
2010 Round of Britian winner!!!!!!

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:16 pm

Might I suggest in future that a :wink: at the end might at least clear up any confusion about it being fanciful or silly or outrageous. That way we who are dense in the ways of your part of the world will not take offence.

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:58 pm

Julian Mayo wrote:
<T-K> wrote:
Julian Mayo wrote:
Tis a scots way of saying "goodluck"....slightly sarcastically, the way we say it when someone says something fanciful ......she says it to me all the time :cry:
The wee scots lassy is banned from posting with drink taken :evil:
At great personal cost to myself :cry:
twas a very condescending way of saying good luck....
Get over it.
Trust me, I am used to it....I probably recieve more negative critisism than positive...

I dont take offense to statements like that.... :) One persons words will not affect what I do every other weekend.... :)

Thanks for the good luck wishes by the way :lol:

jido
F1 Tester
F1 Tester

Post by jido » Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:55 pm

This thread turned funny... Living in the UK I would not have guessed that "in your dreams" may be offending (always heard it either in joking or competing context).

Will remember for my own use :wink:

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:05 pm

jido wrote:This thread turned funny... Living in the UK I would not have guessed that "in your dreams" may be offending (always heard it either in joking or competing context).

Well most of the time I have heard "in your dreams" it has been used to basically say you haven't got a hope in hell .....as in Guy "do you want to go out with me?" Girl "In your dreams".
Mind you I am sick of the subject already so apart from answering you, I have finished with this subject.

gkaytaz
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by gkaytaz » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:23 pm

jacfan wrote: Mind you I am sick of the subject already so apart from answering you, I have finished with this subject.
Good call. This topic is closed! Now how to lock it...
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

jido
F1 Tester
F1 Tester

Post by jido » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:33 am

jacfan wrote:
jido wrote:This thread turned funny... Living in the UK I would not have guessed that "in your dreams" may be offending (always heard it either in joking or competing context).

Well most of the time I have heard "in your dreams" it has been used to basically say you haven't got a hope in hell .....as in Guy "do you want to go out with me?" Girl "In your dreams".
Mind you I am sick of the subject already so apart from answering you, I have finished with this subject.
You are right! :yourock:

I think that I don't read or watch enough romance to be exposed to that use of it :busy: :busy:

Let us see if someone will figure how to lock the thread before I post this :twisted:

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:10 am

jido wrote:
jacfan wrote:

You are right! :yourock:

I think that I don't read or watch enough romance to be exposed to that use of it :busy: :busy:

Let us see if someone will figure how to lock the thread before I post this :twisted:
:rolling: :rolling:

Put a mental lock on it... :lol:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:24 am

Remind me TK.......what was number 5?
What are you going to do with Kimi, now that he has been signed over to you.?
how many bottles of V can U afford?.........yup the thread has definitely turned wierd......the wee scots lass wishes you all well........thats not exactly what she said.................and it's goodnight from her, and it's good night.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:27 am

Thank you.

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:30 am

Julian Mayo wrote:Remind me TK.......what was number 5?
how many bottles of V can U afford?.........yup the thread has definitely turned wierd......the wee scots lass wishes you all well........thats not exactly what she said.................and it's goodnight from her, and it's good night.
:? :? :?

may I ask why this post?

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:56 am

<T-K> wrote:
Julian Mayo wrote:Remind me TK.......what was number 5?
:? :? :?

may I ask why this post?
Probably best not to ask.

RE30B#16
Racer
Racer

Post by RE30B#16 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:41 pm

:shock:

What the heck happened to this thread???!?

:conf3:
Christoforo

You're not getting old, the music just sucks!!

Fernando Alonso is currently the best... Period!!!

-)_ (-
(_!_) Inclined to get behind!!!