The 07'-08' Off-Season Musings & Rants Thread...........

Want to relax, share an experience or just have a friendly discussion. This is the place

Moderators: cmlean, Ed

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

The 07'-08' Off-Season Musings & Rants Thread...........

Post by mlittle » Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:29 am

With the racing season over and done with for 2007, I thought it'd be time to put up a musings and rants thread so if you see something that you'd like to chip in your two cents about, here's the thread to place 'em........anything's fair game as long as you don't post anything that violates the forum's rules on posting of prohibited topics(in other words, no politics, no religion, etc....)

Here's my first rant of the off-season and it has to do with professional athletes.......

I was just thinking.....the next time some multi-million dollar athlete whines, moans, b------ or otherwise complains to the media or the millions of fans out there about the pressures they face to succeed in sports, about having to worry about playing injured or hurt, etc., etc., etc...........just have those crybabies read the linked ESPN article below and then see if they complain.

High school runner breaks leg, crawls to finish line

After reading the article and remembering the knee injury I suffered while in high school(and the months of rehabilitation/physical therapy that went with it...... :( :shock: :shock: )...... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
all I can say is that is one very tough girl who's mentioned in the above article; best wishes to Claire Markwardt on a speedy recovery...... :up: :up:
The Sci-Fi Station Come by and visit when you get the chance. :)
The Wayward Tarheel I'm even in the blogosphere.... :shock: