WAKES

Want to relax, share an experience or just have a friendly discussion. This is the place

Moderators: cmlean, Ed

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

WAKES

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:14 pm

WEETBIX BUGGERS THE TASTE OF GOOD ALCOHOL.
People tell all sorts of lies, they really want to say he/she was a mongrel,
I hate sandwhich fingers, the filling slides out the side straight into your schooner of WT, Very unattractive people you hardly know slobber all over you, in other circumstances you could have them arrested,. the good looking third cuz takes the Keys to "therapy" then chats up the Man Mountain from Burrumbuttock ( okay the circle work on the grounds of Palmdale might not have been entirely appropriate, but the Old Man loved V8s, and his third wife can pay for the damage :twisted:, she hates motor racing, mind you, for a 40 yo she doesn't look too dusty right now, JV eat your heart out )
The purpose of this thread is for U,all to relate the best n worst you have been to, there are sooooo many funy stories out there, then ED can publish a book, n we can all share in the profits, right ED,.....ED?.....ED :?:
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

rah
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by rah » Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:22 pm

How long have you been going? you should be into spirits by now.
Ok, Lewis may win the WDC in 07, but Sato will beat him in 08.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:38 pm

rah wrote:How long have you been going? you should be into spirits by now.
DAD'S :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

let me tell you that if yer gotta eat weetbix, have it with WT, n chocolate milk :cheers:

Bundy
Racer
Racer

Post by Bundy » Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:26 pm

my father's family are all Greek so when my Grandmother died it was like My Big Fat Greek Funeral (not Wedding)....There was a sh*t load of food, a bit more food, then some more food and to finish some more food.

Now Greeks are an emotional lot and tend to mix amoungst themselves so I met a few random people like the woman who once walk home with my Grandmother from the city and another lady who use to live next door to a cousin of a bloke who use to eat in my Grandparents restaurant.

And these people were just as distraught as any member of the family.

Another funny story;
I took a girlfriend to see "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" about 6 months after my Grandfather died....Anyway nearing the end of the movie I got a bit of a tear in my eye. The GF noticed and ask what the hell was wrong. I told her "The movie made me realise how much I missed my Grandparents".
People thought that was an extremely funny movie, it was even more so for me because thats how my Greek family really was
There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.......

I'm no ordinary idiot. I'm an F1 idiot!!!
146th in 8'n'Pole 2007
293rd in 8'n'Pole 2006

Kapel
2004 Champ
2004 Champ

Post by Kapel » Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:17 pm

I have no funny story when my grandparents died,it was sad n pain :cry:
An F1 Idiot!!!

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:41 pm

bundy wrote:my father's family are all Greek so when my Grandmother died it was like My Big Fat Greek Funeral (not Wedding)....There was a sh*t load of food, a bit more food, then some more food and to finish some more food.

Now Greeks are an emotional lot and tend to mix amoungst themselves so I met a few random people like the woman who once walk home with my Grandmother from the city and another lady who use to live next door to a cousin of a bloke who use to eat in my Grandparents restaurant.

And these people were just as distraught as any member of the family.

Another funny story;
I took a girlfriend to see "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" about 6 months after my Grandfather died....Anyway nearing the end of the movie I got a bit of a tear in my eye. The GF noticed and ask what the hell was wrong. I told her "The movie made me realise how much I missed my Grandparents".
People thought that was an extremely funny movie, it was even more so for me because thats how my Greek family really was
Bundy, a life time ago I lived in Surry hills, the Greek family next door had a beautiful lab cross but bigger, he got bit by the Afghan up the road, I stuffed his guts back in, did a couple of quick mattress stitches with a sail hook and fish line and put him in my vehicle to take him up to the vets.
10 minutes later and some physical violence they narrowed it down to which ten should go with us.
I am alive because the dog survived. The many nights of home made retsina nearly killed me, not to mention the "baclava?" etc . It got to the point that I had to move :cry:

Bundy
Racer
Racer

Post by Bundy » Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:46 pm

it was always amusing after Xmas lunch to watch all the men fall asleep in front of the tv, belt & top button undone, guts hanging out.

i've never seen so much food consumed by so few people. you'd almost have to fast for 3 days prior just to make sure you could fit it all in!!
There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.......

I'm no ordinary idiot. I'm an F1 idiot!!!
146th in 8'n'Pole 2007
293rd in 8'n'Pole 2006

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:01 pm

bundy wrote:it was always amusing after Xmas lunch to watch all the men fall asleep in front of the tv, belt & top button undone, guts hanging out.

i've never seen so much food consumed by so few people. you'd almost have to fast for 3 days prior just to make sure you could fit it all in!!
Mate after the dawg thing I put on3 kilos in 2 weeks, stumbling home from a night shift I would get ambushed, 3 cups of their coffee meant another 72 hours without sleep and their breakfast meant the quickeze shares wnt up n up n up, mind you I could kill for one of those alcohol absorbing deserts now!

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:09 pm

tthere only so many egg and watercress sandwhiches in the world,are there not?
There are only so many Aunties with skew-iff lipstick, and gigantic bossoms bearing down on you with unerring aim, are there not?
There are are only so many 4th cousins from Galarganbone
are there not?
There is only one Burrumbuttock. is therrre not.... I have just been reliably informed, via 1295 decibals that it means " a#%& of the bullock", by the 6ft 10 inch cousin, who I suspect only sees other people for the one day that he hires them, before they hit the toe.
If the answer is no to any of the above, I need to know now, I live on a cliff, it would be relativnely painless :cry:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:53 pm

Keerist, how many cups of tea can an elderly spinster drink? Why wont they go home? I hate doing things by halves and I can only get half pied with this mob, they are far too serious. "Therapy" go seek! Red Numbus! Find now!! Go seek!!!
JV do not forsake me in my hour of need. I have delivered hundreds of babies (foals) I could be handy. I do not leave clothes on the floor, I cook, I....um......ah.......l :idea: ...lift heavy things........ :idea: ....like yellow cars...........HELP :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:44 am

since when did weetbix snap, crackle n pop? 8)

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Thu Jun 23, 2005 6:21 pm

julian mayo wrote:Keerist, how many cups of tea can an elderly spinster drink? Why wont they go home? I hate doing things by halves and I can only get half pied with this mob, they are far too serious. "Therapy" go seek! Red Numbus! Find now!! Go seek!!!
JV do not forsake me in my hour of need. I have delivered hundreds of babies (foals) I could be handy. I do not leave clothes on the floor, I cook, I....um......ah.......l :idea: ...lift heavy things........ :idea: ....like yellow cars...........HELP :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
You don't want "Therapy" close to Red Numbus, her powers are contagious.

"Therapy" with 97 KW of power would be heartbroken :cry:

And if "Therapy" catches a glimpse of the Camira in the garage, well jumping off the cliff would become a real option :shock:
I'm back and yes supporting Alonso "The Cute" in the Ferrari!

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Thu Jun 23, 2005 6:47 pm

JayVee wrote:
julian mayo wrote:Keerist, how many cups of tea can an elderly spinster drink? Why wont they go home? I hate doing things by halves and I can only get half pied with this mob, they are far too serious. "Therapy" go seek! Red Numbus! Find now!! Go seek!!!
You don't want "Therapy" close to Red Numbus, her powers are contagious.

"Therapy" with 97 KW of power would be heartbroken :cry:

And if "Therapy" catches a glimpse of the Camira in the garage, well jumping off the cliff would become a real option :shock:
Numbus with 208kw at the rear wheels could be fun :lol:

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Fri Jun 24, 2005 6:23 am

Maybe i need to meet this "Therapy" person, they may be able to help with my ailing case of ankle gangreen......gangreen is a strange creature, it just attacks you out of the bushes, and wont warn you of an impending attack....kinda like toasters, they never warn you when the toast is going to pop out, and when they do you're never around to catch it, so i have learnt that "in case of emergency dont jump out of the 3rd floor window" (it never works out quite like you planned it).........and there is actually a moral to this story, but, because i am dislexic, it is in fact.....A MARBLE :!:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:42 am

<T-K> wrote:Maybe i need to meet this "Therapy" person, they may be able to help with my ailing case of ankle gangreen......gangreen is a strange creature, it just attacks you out of the bushes, and wont warn you of an impending attack....kinda like toasters, they never warn you when the toast is going to pop out, and when they do you're never around to catch it, so i have learnt that "in case of emergency dont jump out of the 3rd floor window" (it never works out quite like you planned it).........and there is actually a moral to this story, but, because i am dislexic, it is in fact.....A MARBLE :!:

"THERAPY"is not a person :furious: She is much better than that :furious: