Weather

Want to relax, share an experience or just have a friendly discussion. This is the place

Moderators: cmlean, Ed

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:20 am

rah wrote:Yaeh it does look good out there. Instead of sitting in my cold little office, I have two appointments today. Ahhh.. the gods have smiled upon me. Could it be any better? Manly and Watsons Bay. Wonder if there is anywhere decent to eat around Watsons Bay? Oh of course there is. And I think I should very much like to take the bridge today, not the tunnel. The view is worth the extra couple of minutes.

Take the Ferry :lol:
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

Bundy
Racer
Racer

Post by Bundy » Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:36 pm

julian mayo wrote:
bundy wrote:over in good old perth we've had more rain in 2 months than we had all last year (just about). must be the global cooling no-one is talking about.

the last 2 - 3 summers have been mild and winter is same as usual.
According to the cops in the coronial enquiries unit you guys have had some very cold weather this last month :shock:
i wouldn't have thought it was any colder than normal
There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.......

I'm no ordinary idiot. I'm an F1 idiot!!!
146th in 8'n'Pole 2007
293rd in 8'n'Pole 2006

Kapel
2004 Champ
2004 Champ

Post by Kapel » Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:23 pm

Ah its the Australian weather channel :wink:
An F1 Idiot!!!

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sat Jul 02, 2005 7:52 am

There are some heavy showers in a rain band stretching from Shepparton to Mt Beauty.
Some light showers Sth West of Canberra
Some light showers 65 KMS seaward of Newcastle
The rest of us can take off our socks and dry out the toe mildew
The groundswell is from the ENE at 3-4ft and glassy, with a light offshore
A ripper of a day :D

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Sat Jul 02, 2005 10:53 am

And I thought the weather in the Carolinas' was bad...Unfortunately, its' hurricane season on this side of the world, and that's all we need around here, a couple of 'class-4' hurricanes comin' up through Charleston, S.C., up the Santee and Congaree Rivers and then up through the Carolina Foothills. Back in Sept. 04' we had a couple of 3's(Frances and Ivan) dump ungodly amts. of rain from Statesville(about 50 miles east from my humble residence) all the way up to Asheville(about 60-65 miles in the other direction). We got about a foot, foot and a half, of rain, but nothing compared to what our fellow Carolinians' up the mountain(so to speak) got. I know hurricanes on this side of the world are nothing compared to what y'all get w/cyclones and typhoons on that side of the world, but you still don't want to have one of em' visit.
The Sci-Fi Station Come by and visit when you get the chance. :)
The Wayward Tarheel I'm even in the blogosphere.... :shock:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sat Jul 02, 2005 11:36 am

mlittle wrote:And I thought the weather in the Carolinas' was bad...Unfortunately, its' hurricane season on this side of the world, and that's all we need around here, a couple of 'class-4' hurricanes comin' up through Charleston, S.C., up the Santee and Congaree Rivers and then up through the Carolina Foothills. Back in Sept. 04' we had a couple of 3's(Frances and Ivan) dump ungodly amts. of rain from Statesville(about 50 miles east from my humble residence) all the way up to Asheville(about 60-65 miles in the other direction). We got about a foot, foot and a half, of rain, but nothing compared to what our fellow Carolinians' up the mountain(so to speak) got. I know hurricanes on this side of the world are nothing compared to what y'all get w/cyclones and typhoons on that side of the world, but you still don't want to have one of em' visit.

Mfer, if its blowing you sideways n you cant hear your own screams, I don't think it matters whether its called a typhoon cyclone or hurricane :lol:

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Sat Jul 02, 2005 11:39 am

Good point, julian.
The Sci-Fi Station Come by and visit when you get the chance. :)
The Wayward Tarheel I'm even in the blogosphere.... :shock:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sat Jul 02, 2005 11:23 pm

LOCAL>EXTREMELY LOCAL WEATHER Prognosis for 9:30 am very local time There is a deep depression forming in the southern corner of my mind ( apologies to Tom Waites) caused by an extremely cold front approaching from the west in the form of the ex, which will no doubt generate a localised storm event, and cause some turbulent airflow. Low flying aircraft are advised to avoid the area. Following the storm event severe frosts are forecast for a 1000 yard radius.. This is expected to be an occluded front leaving a contused area, at approximately 0945 hours EST. Should anyone be in the business of dealing with the general public, please be cautioned that the frost/storm front will be erratic in its movements, and as such cannot be charted. Alll sensible precautions should be taken..as in... Run For Your Life

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:13 pm

Just had a look at The weather radar guys. If you are on the East Coast of Oz dust off the swim fins, and nail down the cat. it is going to be a tad wet n windy. Bundy, snow at Coolgardie/ kalgoolie!!!! Has that ever happened before? What happened to global warming? :shock: