Rugby union/League

Want to relax, share an experience or just have a friendly discussion. This is the place

Moderators: cmlean, Ed

Southernman
2004 Top 10
2004 Top 10

Rugby union/League

Post by Southernman » Sun Nov 27, 2005 8:07 am

It's a great day in New Zealand sport with the All Blacks beating Scotland 29-10 in rugby union to win against all four home unions on the grand slam tour. Last weeks win against England was the hardest. :D :clap:

The rugby league team beat Australia 24- 0 in the final of the tri nations. I've never watched the Australians play so badly before. :D

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:12 am

I have never seen the Kiwis play so well before :shock: :clap: :clap: :clap: :1st:

Congratulations
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

Southernman
2004 Top 10
2004 Top 10

Post by Southernman » Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:10 am

The weakest All Blacks team in long time will play Argentina in Buenos Aires tomorrow. The Coach us giving a number of players a chance to play at test level and not picking the strongest team available. :evil:

I'm one of those who are don't like the selection policy and if the AB's don't have a good game the media and fans will turn against coach Henry.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:30 am

Southernman wrote:The weakest All Blacks team in long time will play Argentina in Buenos Aires tomorrow. The Coach us giving a number of players a chance to play at test level and not picking the strongest team available. :evil:

I'm one of those who are don't like the selection policy and if the AB's don't have a good game the media and fans will turn against coach Henry.

As they bloodywell should !!!!!

Southernman
2004 Top 10
2004 Top 10

Post by Southernman » Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:40 am

The All Blacks beat Australia 32- 12 in the first of this years tri nations matches, scoring four tries to two. :woohoo: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Australia never looked like they had a chance after Rocky Elsom spent ten minutes in the sin bin for constant infringing. The All Blacks went from 0-7 down to 14-7 lead at that stage.

The strong points for the All Blacks were the strength of the forwards in ruck and maul situations and great defence patterns. The areas they need to work on are kick off receptions and lineouts. They also missed a couple of one on one tackles.

Next game in the tri nations : Australia v South Africa.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:37 am

Southernman wrote:The All Blacks beat Australia 32- 12 in the first of this years tri nations matches, scoring four tries to two. :woohoo: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Australia never looked like they had a chance after Rocky Elsom spent ten minutes in the sin bin for constant infringing. The All Blacks went from 0-7 down to 14-7 lead at that stage.

The strong points for the All Blacks were the strength of the forwards in ruck and maul situations and great defence patterns. The areas they need to work on are kick off receptions and lineouts. They also missed a couple of one on one tackles.

Next game in the tri nations : Australia v South Africa.
The ABs dominated the scrums, rucks, n mauls. They contained and nullified the Oz line-out advantage. The back row was awesome. The speed of the defensive line meant they were in the Oz faces all night, trusting each other and coming up in a line. They pressured and pressured, and got the outcome. Speed to burn out wide
:horn: Carter for King :horn: That charge down, juggle and pass was magic 8)

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:54 pm

Australia has given the Springboks a fair old touch up with a 49-0 victory in wet, slippery conditions in the tri-nations contest

Southernman
2004 Top 10
2004 Top 10

Post by Southernman » Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:13 am

I was impressed with the Australians performance especially in the first half. :clap: The player that stood out for me was Giteau. :up: Larkham also had a good game with his forward pack giving him the ball with more time to act than he had last week. :o

South Africa got penalised alot for offsides and also missed alot of tackles. There is nothing in the South African performance that would worry the All Blacks in Wellington next week. 8)

I was also impressed with the ref Paul Honiss. A ref that I usually stick the knife into. 8)

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:44 am

I think South Africa made Austalia look a lot better than they were :?

GhoGho
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by GhoGho » Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:17 pm

Julian Mayo wrote:I think South Africa made Austalia look a lot better than they were :?
South Africans like to make others look good :wink:
I'm in shape

Round is a shape...........

:cheers:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sat Jul 22, 2006 9:33 pm

GhoGho wrote:
Julian Mayo wrote:I think South Africa made Austalia look a lot better than they were :?
South Africans like to make others look good :wink:
Pi Kori, eh ! The AllBlacks secured a win against Sth Africa in the last 15 minutes of the game imho.
It was a good old fashioned NZ v Sth Africa encounter. Biff, blood and the guts to stand up and be counted between the 2 old foes. Damned good stuff.
And if I had to be on the field..... :flag: Geez there were some big hits. :shock:

Southernman
2004 Top 10
2004 Top 10

Post by Southernman » Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:00 pm

I agree that it was old fashioned rugby. Dan Carter was again the star even though it was his mistake that allowed South Africa to score in the first half minute of the game. It wouldn't surprise me if he got rested for the return games against South Africa to avoid injury. 8)

Richie McCaw is the best openside flanker in the world at the moment. Another great game from him.

Roll on Australia. :D

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:03 pm

Southernman wrote:I agree that it was old fashioned rugby. Dan Carter was again the star even though it was his mistake that allowed South Africa to score in the first half minute of the game. It wouldn't surprise me if he got rested for the return games against South Africa to avoid injury. 8)

Richie McCaw is the best openside flanker in the world at the moment. Another great game from him.

Roll on Australia. :D
I concur 8)

Southernman
2004 Top 10
2004 Top 10

Post by Southernman » Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:12 am

The All Blacks have retained the Bledisloe cup with a 13-9 win in a game where the defence of both sides stood out. :woohoo: :clap: :clap:

The AB's scrum again had the upper hand :D but the AB's lineouts are a concern. :!:

McCaw had another great game.

Next week: go South Africa over Australia.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:47 pm

The Wallabies have wobbled to a 20-18 victory over Sth Africa. The springboks deserved to win imho. There were more than 80 kicks in the game, ho hum. Australiaa clicked in to gear when Gregan was pulled from the field with 10 minutes to go. A bloody awful game to watch.