Dumb business news.......

Want to relax, share an experience or just have a friendly discussion. This is the place

Moderators: cmlean, Ed

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:52 pm

jacfan wrote:
Julian Mayo wrote:
jacfan wrote:I don't see why they didn't use the cow carcass from West Milford for a body wrap.... does wonders for celulite. :shock:

As for the egg with dye, that is totally stupid. If you can't cook an egg the way you like it then stiff cheddar. Who cares and why should government funding be given to idiots who come up with these schemes.
On the other hand, when one is about to watch a footy semi-final, and a child decides it wants to cook boiled eggs for the first time those eggs would prevent,
A. The waste of 8 eggs
B. The destruction of a saucepan
C. Gastric Ulcers
D. Domestic Violence
E. Lack of sleep, thru having to stay up for the replay.

This friday night we are having pizza delivered before the game starts. :evil:
I would suggest well before the games starts so that you don't have to deal with fighting over slices of pizza and bits of ham etc being tossed at you during the game. Get dinner finished, kids washed and put to bed. :D
My solution was to put the kids in the kennels, seat the dogs at the table, and when the Pizza guy arrived let the fastest n/or strongest win.
"Missy" the ridgebackxmastiff, n the smallest competitor (but not the lightest,) was the clear winner. :shock:
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:54 pm

Julian Mayo wrote:
jacfan wrote:
Julian Mayo wrote:
On the other hand, when one is about to watch a footy semi-final, and a child decides it wants to cook boiled eggs for the first time those eggs would prevent,
A. The waste of 8 eggs
B. The destruction of a saucepan
C. Gastric Ulcers
D. Domestic Violence
E. Lack of sleep, thru having to stay up for the replay.

This friday night we are having pizza delivered before the game starts. :evil:
I would suggest well before the games starts so that you don't have to deal with fighting over slices of pizza and bits of ham etc being tossed at you during the game. Get dinner finished, kids washed and put to bed. :D
My solution was to put the kids in the kennels, seat the dogs at the table, and when the Pizza guy arrived let the fastest n/or strongest win.
"Missy" the ridgebackxmastiff, n the smallest competitor (but not the lightest,) was the clear winner. :shock:
:oops: :oops: :oops: Why did I not think of that??? 'Tis obvious that I have never had kids. Have no idea on how to treat them.. :roll:
Holy crap on a cracker! Image
Number one idiot for 2007!!!!!
2008 Round of France winner!!! Wooooooohoooo!!!!!!
2010 Round of Britian winner!!!!!!

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:58 pm

Plus, being ever thoughtful of Australias' needs, there is now an opening for a bright young Piza delivery guy :lol:

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:00 pm

Julian Mayo wrote:Plus, being ever thoughtful of Australias' needs, there is now an opening for a bright young Piza delivery guy :lol:
Oh no... please tell me your dawgs did not eat Dougie the Pizza boy. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: I can't take any more of this losing Aussie icons.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:07 pm

jacfan wrote:
Julian Mayo wrote:Plus, being ever thoughtful of Australias' needs, there is now an opening for a bright young Piza delivery guy :lol:
Oh no... please tell me your dawgs did not eat Dougie the Pizza boy. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: I can't take any more of this losing Aussie icons.
Nope, they did not......but he will never flog the little pizza guy to get the job to my place again. :evil: Which means i wont have to put up with his drool all over my step, when he looks at my 16 yo daughter :lol:

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:10 pm

8) 8) Oh the joys of a 16 yo girl and boys/men.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:12 pm

jacfan wrote:8) 8) Oh the joys of a 16 yo girl and boys/men.
There are not enough cartridges :cry:

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:15 pm

Julian Mayo wrote:
Ahhhh I could say lots but I think I might just stay away from that topic. :idea:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:21 pm

jacfan wrote:
Julian Mayo wrote:
Ahhhh I could say lots but I think I might just stay away from that topic. :idea:
And advise anyone heddin t'wards me daughter thet 1000 metres is only just safe :twisted:

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:19 pm

Oh, the Things They'll Serve at the State Fair.......

Last month, during the eight-day celebration of all things North Carolina(a/k/a the North Carolina State Fair), one of the restaurant vendors came up with an inventive way to serve Coca-Cola......Fried Cola Balls! :lol: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Yes, that's right.....Fried Cola Balls. How'd they do that? Mix together pancake batter, Coke syrup and cinnamon sugar, make into small little balls, throw them into vats of hot oil, and......voila!, or as the vendor called 'em, Fried Cola Balls! :lol: :lol: :shock: :shock: :shock: Top with strawberry syrup, whipped cream and more cinnamon, and you've got a pretty good artery-clogging snack. :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Dumb......maybe, but it could end up being a new item at the F1 Idiots Bar. 8) :shock: :shock: :shock:
The Sci-Fi Station Come by and visit when you get the chance. :)
The Wayward Tarheel I'm even in the blogosphere.... :shock:

gkaytaz
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by gkaytaz » Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:02 pm

mlittle wrote:Oh, the Things They'll Serve at the State Fair.......

Last month, during the eight-day celebration of all things North Carolina(a/k/a the North Carolina State Fair), one of the restaurant vendors came up with an inventive way to serve Coca-Cola......Fried Cola Balls! :lol: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Yes, that's right.....Fried Cola Balls. How'd they do that? Mix together pancake batter, Coke syrup and cinnamon sugar, make into small little balls, throw them into vats of hot oil, and......voila!, or as the vendor called 'em, Fried Cola Balls! :lol: :lol: :shock: :shock: :shock: Top with strawberry syrup, whipped cream and more cinnamon, and you've got a pretty good artery-clogging snack. :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Dumb......maybe, but it could end up being a new item at the F1 Idiots Bar. 8) :shock: :shock: :shock:
Oh yuck!

Whatever happened to our good old funnel cake and turkey leg? They have some nice clogging potential too :)
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:14 pm

gkaytaz wrote:

Oh yuck!

Whatever happened to our good old funnel cake and turkey leg? They have some nice clogging potential too :)
Turkey leg I understand but funnel cake??? What is a funnel cake??? Sorry but never heard of funnel cake. :oops:

gkaytaz
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by gkaytaz » Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:31 pm

jacfan wrote:Turkey leg I understand but funnel cake??? What is a funnel cake??? Sorry but never heard of funnel cake. :oops:
It's a popular sweet served at state fairs in the US. Looks like this:

If you happen to visit a state fair (especially in the south, up to maybe Virginia) make sure you eat some funnel cake and a rock candy or two.

Here's the recipe (from foodnetwork):
1 cup water
3/4 stick butter (6 tablespoons)
1 tablespoon sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup flour
1 cup eggs, about 4 large eggs and 2 whites
Vegetable oil, for frying
Powdered sugar, for topping

Boil water, butter, sugar, and salt together in a saucepan. Add flour and work it in until it is all incorporated and dough forms a ball. Transfer mixture to the bowl of a standing mixer and let cool for 3 to 4 minutes. With mixer lowest speed, add eggs, 1 at a time, making sure the first egg is completely incorporated before continuing. Once all eggs have been added and mixture is smooth, put dough in a piping bag fitted with a number 12 tip. Heat about 1 1/2 inches of oil in a heavy pan. Pipe dough into oil, making a free-form lattice pattern; cook until browned, flipping once. Remove cake from oil, drain on paper towels, and top with powdered sugar. Continue until all of the batter is used.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

gkaytaz
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by gkaytaz » Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:40 pm

The "funnel" part of the funnel cake comes from the fact that these are made by pouring batter through a funnel into hot oil in a circular pattern.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:30 pm

Sounds like Elvis has not yet left the building :shock: