Dumb business news.......

Want to relax, share an experience or just have a friendly discussion. This is the place

Moderators: cmlean, Ed

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:26 pm

From the What The **** Files............

Being from the Tarheel State, I've seen state officials do some stupid things before, but this one rises to the fore.....Officials with the NC Division of Motor Vehicles notified over 10,000 individuals throughout the state that they could get their license tags replaced free of charge. The reason......they all began with the letters WTF(in text-speak, WTF means who/what the ****.......).
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :oops: :oops:

File this one under :wtf: ................... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock:
The Sci-Fi Station Come by and visit when you get the chance. :)
The Wayward Tarheel I'm even in the blogosphere.... :shock:

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:16 pm

mlittle wrote:From the What The **** Files............

Being from the Tarheel State, I've seen state officials do some stupid things before, but this one rises to the fore.....Officials with the NC Division of Motor Vehicles notified over 10,000 individuals throughout the state that they could get their license tags replaced free of charge. The reason......they all began with the letters WTF(in text-speak, WTF means who/what the ****.......).

Yap it goes with the job.
Holy crap on a cracker! Image
Number one idiot for 2007!!!!!
2008 Round of France winner!!! Wooooooohoooo!!!!!!
2010 Round of Britian winner!!!!!!

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:50 am

jacfan wrote:
mlittle wrote:From the What The **** Files............

Yap it goes with the job.
That could describe most of North Carolina's civil servants......... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :evil:

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:07 am

From the What The H--- Were They Thinking? files........

I know businesses are always trying to save money here and there, but sometimes its' just better to spend the money. Why; read away..........

HELSINKI (Reuters) – Finland has rated the DVD release of the much-loved children's television series "Little House on the Prairie" suitable for adult viewing only.

To save money, Universal Pictures decided not to submit the series to state inspection, the company's Finland marketing manager Meri Suomela told Reuters on Wednesday.

Finnish authorities charge 2 euros ($2.57) per minute for assessing the correct age limit on films and television series. Distributors who forego this can only sell their shows with a sticker saying "Banned for under-18s."

"Long series can get quite expensive to check, and some use this exemption in the law to their advantage," said Matti Paloheimo, Director at the Finnish Board of Film Classification.

"Such unchecked material should not be shown to children publicly," he added.

Little House on the Prairie, which ran from 1974 to 1983, portrayed life in the U.S. West in the late 1800s and was based on the Laura Ingalls Wilder's children's book of the same name.

It remains popular in Finland, and is still shown weekly on Sunday mornings on state-owned broadcaster YLE.