Forum Hall of Fame

Re: 2007 IRL Rules Changes...........

Post by mlittle » Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:15 am

<T-K> wrote:
mlittle wrote:
<T-K> wrote:
I dont like the idea of these changes..... :no:
No argument from me on 'em, T-K...... :no: :shock: :shock:
Maybe its just because its half past three in the morning, but that could be taken two ways....were you agreeing with me, or happy with the rule change?
T-K, I agree with you; I don't like the changes they've made.......but with what happened at Homestead last year, it was only a matter of time before they dropped final practices on ovals. As to the second.....I'm still wondering what was wrong with using the combined practice times in setting the grids when qualifying is cancelled.... :shock: :shock: :shock:

Then again.........the geniuses at 16th and Georgetown are America's equivalent to Max Mosely and the FIA....when you think you've figured them out.....they up and change the rules on 'ya. :evil:
The Sci-Fi Station Come by and visit when you get the chance. :)
The Wayward Tarheel I'm even in the blogosphere.... :shock:

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Re: 2007 IRL Rules Changes...........

Post by <T-K> » Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:38 am

mlittle wrote: As to the second.....I'm still wondering what was wrong with using the combined practice times in setting the grids when qualifying is cancelled.... :shock: :shock: :shock:
That is my thought, wouldnt it be the fairest way to judge it!?!? :?

mlittle wrote: Then again.........the geniuses at 16th and Georgetown are America's equivalent to Max Mosely and the FIA....when you think you've figured them out.....they up and change the rules on 'ya. :evil:
Who elects these people into power i will never know :lol:

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

DRR expands to a 2-car effort for 2007

Post by mlittle » Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:59 pm

note.....the silly season driver lineups will be updated to reflect the following news item

Take 2 veteran drivers, new sponsors, two experienced race engineers, and a new attitude from one of the IRL's veteran teams, and you could have a new challenger for series honors in 2007; Dreyer & Reinbold Racing today reaffirmed their commitment to the IRL IndyCar Series by announcing plans to expand to a 2-car lineup for 2007 with veteran drivers Buddy Rice and Sarah Fisher. Here is the transcript from today's media-teleconference concerning the announcement. Quotes from those involved:

Buddy Rice, Dreyer & Reinbold Racing:
Dreyer & Reinbold is really trying to step up their program, especially with the engineers they have brought on board to make the team a front-runner. With Chris Finch and John D ick coming from Fernandez and me coming from Rahal, I'm really excited to be joining the team for 2007 and it will be great to see what we can do. DRR has lots of potential and I look forward to helping them tap into that.
Sarah Fisher, Dreyer & Reinbold Racing:
Coming back the last two races (in 2006) really made me realize how much I've missed it. Things have changed a little bit since I've been gone, but I'm up for the challenge. It seems like the opportunity will allow us to run and that is more exciting than ever. Mentally, I've grown 10 years as a person the past two years; I've matured in my thought processes. Physically, I'm in the best condition I've ever been in and that is going to help my mental decisions as well.
Dennis Reinbold, Co-Owner, Dreyer & Reinbold Racing:
We are very excited to add Buddy Rice to our team with all the changes we have made during the off-season. We have made a commitment to focus on the future and with Buddy joining our team we can continue to focus on our goals in 2007 and beyond. [in regards to Fisher]: Sarah really showed us she had matured as a racer and we were eager to sign her to the team for 2007. Sarah is very professional and will represent our sponsors well both on and off the track.
As to the sponsors.....returning as primary sponsor for both Rice and Fisher will be Roll Coater; associate sponsors include I-Zon Sunglasses, Bitburger, EurUp Energy Drink, 106th St. Grill, Fastenal and Racing for Kids.

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Detroit approves 5-year deal for Belle Isle race

Post by mlittle » Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:35 am

Wednesday, Detroit City Council members voted unanimously to approve a 5-year contract(w/multiple 1-yr. extensions) with the nonprofit Downtown Detroit Partnership to host the Detroit/Belle Isle Grand Prix IndyCar Series race. Here are the particulars........

~~Detroit, along with both Wayne County and the State of Michigan, will spend around $1.5-$2 million combined on renovations to Belle Isle Park; in addition, Detroit will receive $1.5 million in federally apporved funding for street and road repairs to/from the park
~~the Downtown Detroit Partnership(DDP) will spend $250,000 on event adverstising around Belle Isle(including sponsor ads around the circuit itself, and so forth....); in addition, DDP will give the City of Detroit $100,000 for renovation recerational facilities in/around Detroit(w/the amount increasing by $25,000 in 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011)