50%
none of the above
No votes

Total votes: 2

Bundy
Racer
Racer

Post by Bundy » Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:55 pm

i can't see her winning this year...sorry julian....she needs more experience of running at the front before she breaks through for a win
There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.......

I'm no ordinary idiot. I'm an F1 idiot!!!
146th in 8'n'Pole 2007
293rd in 8'n'Pole 2006

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:10 pm

bundy wrote:i can't see her winning this year...sorry julian....she needs more experience of running at the front before she breaks through for a win
Looks like Katherine Legge will beat her into F1 then, but I am still, hopeful that Danica will get a victory on a road course :D
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Wed Aug 03, 2005 12:45 am

If Legge does venture over to F1, julian, it probably won't be for a few years. On Wind Tunnel sunday night, host Dave Despain asked Katherine about her future plans after 2005, and she said that, even if she does get a ChampCar test later this year, she would like one more year in Atlantics before jumping up to the next level. My guess....it'll be at least a few years before we see Legge in F1.
The Sci-Fi Station Come by and visit when you get the chance. :)
The Wayward Tarheel I'm even in the blogosphere.... :shock:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:22 am

mlittle wrote:If Legge does venture over to F1, julian, it probably won't be for a few years. On Wind Tunnel sunday night, host Dave Despain asked Katherine about her future plans after 2005, and she said that, even if she does get a ChampCar test later this year, she would like one more year in Atlantics before jumping up to the next level. My guess....it'll be at least a few years before we see Legge in F1.
Mfer, if either lady is offered a proper test by a good F1 team, and they do OK, and are then offered a contract, do you think they will turn their backs on it ?

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:48 am

Point taken. All I can say is, based on what I've read so far this year, there's a long line of racers here in the States' for what may be a small no. of F1 seats. The only one's who got a confirmed test session is reigning IndyCar Series champion Tony Kanaan, whose test w/BAR-Honda is set for(unless the date's wrong) Sept. 29th at the Jerez circuit. It won't be the first test for an IRL driver...Scott Dixon, back in 2003, got a full-day's test w/BMW-Williams, and he's still in the IRL(and going nowhere, fast). But to answer your question....no. It would simply depend on which top-level Formula 1 team offers either Danica or Katherine a test session, and then offers a contract to either.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:00 am

mlittle wrote:Point taken. All I can say is, based on what I've read so far this year, there's a long line of racers here in the States' for what may be a small no. of F1 seats. The only one's who got a confirmed test session is reigning IndyCar Series champion Tony Kanaan, whose test w/BAR-Honda is set for(unless the date's wrong) Sept. 29th at the Jerez circuit. It won't be the first test for an IRL driver...Scott Dixon, back in 2003, got a full-day's test w/BMW-Williams, and he's still in the IRL(and going nowhere, fast). But to answer your question....no. It would simply depend on which top-level Formula 1 team offers either Danica or Katherine a test session, and then offers a contract to either.
F1 is (like all top level motor racing) all about money. If either was only as good as Kanaan et al any team is going to choose one of the ladies for the sponsorship opportunities alone! ( the mind boggles at the products that could be promoted on an F1 car raced by a lady,.. think of the colour schemes, and related feminine goods :shock:

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:34 am

Sponsorship(and the money it brings to the table) may, ironically, be what determines their futures. Patrick was fortunate enough that Argent Mortgage brought her aboard(they're primary sponsor for her car), which has lasted to this day. Legge, while she has the backing of KK's team, PKV, as a sponsor, its' only a backstop until a more prominent sponsor comes along. Don't worry, though, julian...After this year, she should have plenty of companies wanting her as a sponsor.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:33 am

mlittle wrote:Sponsorship(and the money it brings to the table) may, ironically, be what determines their futures. Patrick was fortunate enough that Argent Mortgage brought her aboard(they're primary sponsor for her car), which has lasted to this day. Legge, while she has the backing of KK's team, PKV, as a sponsor, its' only a backstop until a more prominent sponsor comes along. Don't worry, though, julian...After this year, she should have plenty of companies wanting her as a sponsor.
I would if I could, she is damned good.

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:35 am

You and me, both, julian. Maybe Gulfstream(sponsor on Vasser's car) or Bell Micro(da Matta's) will step up to the plate.