2006 CCWS Rd. 10-Grand Prix of Denver

All about the Champ Car World Series (CCWS)

Moderators: Ed, mlittle

Who will win the Grand Prix of Denver?

Poll ended at Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:44 pm

Sebastien Bourdais
No votes
Paul Tracy
No votes
A.J. Allmendinger
100%
Alex Tagliani
No votes
Justin Wilson
No votes
none of the above
No votes

Total votes: 1

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:09 pm

cmlean wrote:You wouldn't be suggesting that, due to the imminent demise of the Lola that teams are now saving money for the new Panoz and some are therefore not turning up to race in the last few events.

The show must go on so therefore indiscretions will not be dealt with as severely due to the number of available competitors left to finish the current series.
Now, that's a tad cynical cm, ......true probably, but cynical none the less :lol:
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

cmlean

Post by cmlean » Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:03 pm

I may have been having a moment when I wrote that but I do find that a driver on probation can basically drive through another competitor and have his probation extended by one race.

I too was once a Paul Tracy fan but I now find him a frustrated driver struggling to match it with the younger brigade.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:36 pm

cmlean wrote:I may have been having a moment when I wrote that but I do find that a driver on probation can basically drive through another competitor and have his probation extended by one race.

I too was once a Paul Tracy fan but I now find him a frustrated driver struggling to match it with the younger brigade.
Heah, imho that seems to be the case :evil:

cmlean

Post by cmlean » Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:22 am

I still can't understand why Forsythe Racing gave him a multi-year deal when he seemed to lose his drive after finally winning the Championship.

Bourdais really has had the better of him both on the track and mentally.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:36 am

cmlean wrote:I still can't understand why Forsythe Racing gave him a multi-year deal when he seemed to lose his drive after finally winning the Championship.

Bourdais really has had the better of him both on the track and mentally.
Surfers could be interesting...I am thinking "Therapy" will need a carbon clearing run about then :lol:

cmlean

Post by cmlean » Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:20 pm

The run up the coast will do 'Therapy' the world of good.

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:15 am

cmlean wrote:You wouldn't be suggesting that, due to the imminent demise of the Lola that teams are now saving money for the new Panoz and some are therefore not turning up to race in the last few events.

The show must go on so therefore indiscretions will not be dealt with as severely due to the number of available competitors left to finish the current series.
That's not what I'm suggesting, cmlean....right now, assuming everyone lines up on the grid for the last four rounds(Montreal, Road America, Surfers Paradise and Mexico City), there should be 16-17 cars at each race. Rocketsports Racing is expected to field a second car for a couple of those races, so there could be 17-18 cars instead. In addition, with the cost savings of the new Panoz compared to the Lola, a couple of current Atlantic teams(such as Gelles Racing) will probably move up next year, increasing the grid for 2007 by possibly 2-4 cars.

As to driver indiscretions.......Tracy's only saving grace at Denver is that SeaBass hit him first; had PT struck first, race director Tony Cotman would've sat him out for Montreal in an instant. I am surprised, though, that he didn't penalize Bourdais for hitting PT, though. :? :shock: :shock: :shock:
The Sci-Fi Station Come by and visit when you get the chance. :)
The Wayward Tarheel I'm even in the blogosphere.... :shock:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:26 am

cmlean wrote:The run up the coast will do 'Therapy' the world of good.
Will go inland. Every speed camera/radar gun in NSW will be pointing up n down the Pacific H'way 8)

cmlean

Post by cmlean » Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:36 am

I find it difficult to point blame at Boudais as Tracy came into the last corner with four wheels locked and no chance of turning before the contact inevitably would occur. Boudais would have heard the locked wheels but would probably not be able to see just how out of control Tracy was before contact was made.