MotoGP '07....a thing of the past...

All about MotoGP Racing

Moderators: Ed, <T-K>

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:38 pm

I :bang:must not :bang: bet :bang: on :bang: motor :bang: sport :bang: :bcomp: :bcomp: :bcomp: :bcomp: :bcomp: :bang: :bang:
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:46 pm

Snowy wrote:
<T-K> wrote: Finally there is the young gun, Dani Pedrosa.
Pedrosa having won the 250cc class last year with a highly dominating season(eight wins) should get his act together very quickly and I feel should be challenging for race wins round about race 3 in Turkey where he managed to get second place last year.
I like the thought of Dani doing well in MotoGP but do you really think he has the strength and the body mass, those bikes really are a handful and he is still only young. Marco took quite some time to develop the build to handle the bike effectively I seem to remember. Capirossi is small but he is immensly strong and wirey I wouldn't pick a fight with him and I'm nearly 6ft :shock:

What is going on with Marco this year anyways?:wave:
I am 6ft1 and I still wouldnt.... :lol:

As for Marco....I actually dont know...he seems to have been completely off the pace the whole weekend, the best he managed to do was 10th place on the first day....I would like to say that it could be a problem with the Tyres not working well on the honda, but then it would be a lie, because his teammate Toni Elias managed to get well in the top ten in testing......

Maybe he is just having trouble getting to grips with the bike, or just had a bad weekend......maybe even a few technical problems that only plagued his bike.....we will have to see.....and If I find out mor, I will let you know.....

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:49 pm

In an interview after pre season testing, Valentino Rossi took some time out to explain to the press why he had been so far off the pace throughout the Jerez tests, he indicated that the Yamaha M1 was still suffering from the chattering problem which has persisted throughout the preseason, and that they had attempted to fix the problem along with michelin by using different tyres....... :shock:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:49 pm

I'm only 5ft 11, and I would clip him over the ear without a second thought :box: :threat: Gee, I love my Glock 40.cal S&W. :wink:

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:57 pm

Julian Mayo wrote:I'm only 5ft 11, and I would clip him over the ear without a second thought :box: :threat: Gee, I love my Glock 40.cal S&W. :wink:

Bravery?....or stupidity? :D

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:59 pm

<T-K> wrote:
Julian Mayo wrote:I'm only 5ft 11, and I would clip him over the ear without a second thought :box: :threat: Gee, I love my Glock 40.cal S&W. :wink:

Bravery?....or stupidity? :D
Faith in my marksmanship......but this is......... :offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic: :bcomp: :bcomp: :bcomp: :bcomp: :bcomp: :bcomp: :bcomp: Naughty keyboard :bcomp: :bcomp: :bcomp: :bcomp:

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:20 pm

Snowy wrote:

I do have some news on why he wasnt too quick in testing, it is because he and Elias were not going for fastest laps, and trying to adjust setups, all they were doing was testing the tyres, by doing a large number of laps, to see how the tyres fair over long distances, between the two of them, they put in 100 laps....

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:24 pm

<T-K> wrote:
Snowy wrote:

I do have some news on why he wasnt too quick in testing, it is because he and Elias were not going for fastest laps, and trying to adjust setups, all they were doing was testing the tyres, by doing a large number of laps, to see how the tyres fair over long distances, between the two of them, they put in 100 laps....
Hmmmm.......standard team talk for ....." they are blowing us out of the water......lets get to hell outa here, and go find somehorsepower/handling/braking" 8)

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:03 am

Julian Mayo wrote:
<T-K> wrote:
Snowy wrote:

Hmmmm.......standard team talk for ....." they are blowing us out of the water......lets get to hell outa here, and go find somehorsepower/handling/braking" 8)

Are you psycic?

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:12 am

:offtopic:

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:41 pm

Julian Mayo wrote::offtopic:

Just posting an :offtopic: emoticon is still going :offtopic:

Snowy
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by Snowy » Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:13 am

<T-K> wrote:
Snowy wrote:

Thanks T-K :up: Not long now and we're set fair for motorsport every weekend :cheers: :wave:
Lewis Hamilton & Jenson Button World Champions :)

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:54 am

Snowy wrote:
Thanks T-K :up: Not long now and we're set fair for motorsport every weekend :cheers: :wave:

Not too long indeed :up: :woohoo:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:28 am

I have just invested in Fox sport for $100 a month so I can see Motogp :cry:
What is happening with Casey Stoner ?????

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:52 pm

Konica Minolta Honda do not look at all satisfied after the last weekends results, and have been feverishly working on improvements ahead of the next round of the championship.....

Japanese rider Makoto Tamada stated that the bike lacked front end grip, and the problem was severly affecting his corner entry speed(I couldve told you that)........
Makoto Tamada: "We changed the front and rear suspension, the machines handling was good and I could ride well, much better than in the race. it was not possible to enter the corner smoothly in Jerez because the handling was heavy.

As for the next race in Qatar, the track has less grip and i will need a different setup which prioritizes more control, I am looking forward to the next race"

It sounds to me like the bike just lacks fundamental grip, Some serious suspension modifications may be in order.... :shock: