With the increased number of users registering and posting on our forums, it is a good idea to clarify what we mean by 'keep it clean'
Most (if not all) of the following guidelines are common-sense that the vast majority of members adhere to anyway, however there are a few who don't and we are having to list these guidelines because of those few.
The forums are here for people to talk about Formula 1, to discuss their predictions for the next race and the season and to chat about the last race or the last season. People come here to have fun, to have healthy discussions, to cheer for their favourite driver and team.
Members of these forums come from many backgrounds and because of that, a comment considered to be funny by one may be offensive to another. Please consider this when posting
Currently the main theme of these Forums is Formula 1. Over time we may add more Forums as we see fit. If you have any suggestions please let us know.
Political/Religious topics aren't allowed. Political/Religious remarks in threads are not allowed either. There are many other forums that offer that but we don't and we don't intend of allowing that in the future.
Please adhere to the following guidelines when posting:
- Members should respect other users when posting. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated. This not only offends the user concerned but can cause others not to post and that goes against our purpose.
Same applies to Formula 1 teams and drivers
If you enjoy flaming and abusing others, this in not the place for you and you are not welcome here.
- The F1 Forums are for people to talk about Formula 1. It is not to be used as a medium for advertising a service or product.
-Members are not to post pornographic or generally offensive text, images, links, etc.
- Members are to respect the copyright of other users, sites, media, etc. If there is an interesting article you want to discuss, quote a few lines and include a reference to the source
-Members are not to post crack codes for games or links to sites that contain such information.
- Members can link to images in a post if they own the copyright of that image or have permission to do so. Linking to images on other sites without permission isn't allowed and will be removed
- When linking images, please ensure the size of the image doesn't exceed 100k. Large images are slow to download especially over a dial-up connection
- Spam is not tolerated under any circumstance. This includes any form of advertising for a service or a product.
- Members who register just to link to a website will be removed immediately. You need to be an active member (having posted a number of posts) to have a link to your website.
We reserve the right to remove members who link to websites we deem inappropriate. The same applies to posts containing links to other websites that we do not approve.
- Attempting to sell tickets/accommodation on the forum is not allowed. We offer tickets and tours from multiple suppliers via the link at the top navigation menu. Even for sold out events we cannot verify the reliability or trustworthiness of the seller to be allowed to post such offers on this site. Posts that offer tickets/accommodation will be removed.
- Members are not to discuss issues/complaints they may have on other forums or on other sites. This doesn't add any value to our members and will not be tolerated
For all the above, offending members will be asked to provide an explanation first by PM followed by email. If we get no response, the account will be suspended until an explanation is provided. If the offence is repeated, the offending member will be banned
- We reserve the right to edit or remove any post at any time. The determination of what is construed to be a violation of the above guidelines is up to the Moderators
The above guidelines also apply to private messaging. Abuse of the private messaging system will not be tolerated
Whilst we monitor the Forums continuously, sometimes we may miss a post or consider it not offensive. If you feel that a member's post violates the above guidelines, please PM or email the moderator of the forum and we'll consider the situation and respond back. Don't worry; your privacy will always be respected
This is a locked topic. If you have any questions regarding these guidelines, please PM or email me.
These Forums are for all of us. Lets keep them clean
Discuss all the aspects of the Formula 1 sport here
1 post • Page 1 of 1