57%
Nick Heidfeld
43%

Total votes: 7

350Z
Go Kart Racer
Go Kart Racer

Post by 350Z » Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:05 pm

VTEC wrote:This Williams pairing has got to be the weakest of all the top teams. These 2 have no experience in a top team..
What are you on about ? How can you find talent if you don't hire new drivers ? Williams had to hire two drivers after Montoya left for McLaren and Ralf asked for more money!!! And we all know Frank's position on big salaries. He got Webber and now Heidfeld at probably the same money Ralf was asking for and still has a German on board to please BMW!

Sure it will take them time to settle into the team but if the car is good they'll produce results. And there is no one better at producing champions than Sir Frank
The Montoya/Raikkonen battle is on!

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:07 pm

What he said! :lol:

VTEC
Go Kart Racer
Go Kart Racer

Post by VTEC » Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:22 pm

Ok, Webber raced in 50 races and Heidfeld in 84. Niether have won a race, neither have finished second. Heidfeld only finished once in third place (a lap down too). Webber's best finish was 5th and that was his very first race. That was impressive then but now after 50 races it is not. It was luck.

Without knowing these drivers, if someone told you these stats are for the 2 Williams drivers for this year. You would not beleive them. You'd think a midfield team at best

Sorry but it is a weak selection :roll:

If they get everything right, maybe they'll start winning by next year but then they'll have the Button factor to worry about. What a mess. They should have one proven winner and a young gun.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:13 am

Webber finished 5th in a Minardi ! When a lot of other drivers retired ! Which is the point I hve been trying to make throughout my threads. With the new regs for 05, the the drivers with the ability to think for the whole race will be in best shape at the end. If the regs had not changed, I would be tipping Mark for about 4th at the end of the season. I will say it again. Because of the new regs I have a gut feeling that Schuey could struggle, compared to his limo ride last year, and we have seen him falter under pressure, in fact do some questionable things. Again, if he gets tangled up with Kimmi and JP, it could open the door for Williams :wink:

VTEC
Go Kart Racer
Go Kart Racer

Post by VTEC » Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:53 pm

Talk about tangling, Webber may be the one to get tangled with a bunch of drivers at the front. Remember Spa last year ? :wink: