Todays the day...

Discuss all the aspects of the Formula 1 sport here

Moderators: cmlean, Ed, The Qualiflyer, The Heretic

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Thu May 05, 2005 4:22 pm

K-D wrote: 1) BAR raced the San Marino Grand Prix with a car, which under certain scenarios could be running underweight.

There have been several clarifications on the matter of the weight of a car, and the FIA have rules several years ago that in order to establish the actual weight of a car, they would weigh it drained of all fuel.
It seems that no such rule was made official.
K-D wrote: This really lead to the only conclusion of the appeals hearing.

BAR Honda will be found to have willingly and knowingly raced a car, which were at times potentially underweight. This is a clear breakage of the rules, and no clarification can make this different.
If that is the case yes but it seems BAR are claiming that the car cannot run without 6 kg of fuel (which is the amount needed to make the car legal). This could be rubbish but if they can prove it then it is just an interpretation of the rules and it is the FIA's fault not to clarify the minimum weight requirement.

Having said that, I think BAR are pushing to the very limit the rules and may have stepped over this time. We'll see!
I'm back and yes supporting Alonso "The Cute" in the Ferrari!

Kapel
2004 Champ
2004 Champ

Post by Kapel » Thu May 05, 2005 4:44 pm

I thought the weight of the car termed legal,should be when all the fluids are drained out of the car,including the secret fuel tank fuel :wink:

Well guys just a few more hours,before we can agian start discussing/arguing about the verdict :twisted:
An F1 Idiot!!!

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Thu May 05, 2005 4:57 pm

You thought and so it seems the FIA but BAR didn't think that way it seems.

I've spent a long time today going through the Technical regs (I am crazy !!) and there was no clear definition of what the minimum weight includes or doesn't include. It just says 605 for qualifying and 600 for the race. (Something I only knew today!!)
The Sporting regs actually state that no substance may be added or removed from a car during the weighing procedure.

Kapel
2004 Champ
2004 Champ

Post by Kapel » Thu May 05, 2005 5:06 pm

JayVee wrote:You thought and so it seems the FIA but BAR didn't think that way it seems.

I've spent a long time today going through the Technical regs (I am crazy !!) and there was no clear definition of what the minimum weight includes or doesn't include. It just says 605 for qualifying and 600 for the race. (Something I only knew today!!)

You seriously have all the time in the world it seems :wink: But this just shows ur passion for F1:D & mayb support for BAR :bouncey: :bouncec: :rolling: :ROTFLMAO:
JayVee wrote: The Sporting regs actually state that no substance may be added or removed from a car during the weighing procedure.
But thanx for the info,these rules though do not clearly define weighing procedure.With this statement though they should weigh the car with whatever fuel is left on board at the end of the race. :roll:
An F1 Idiot!!!

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Thu May 05, 2005 5:18 pm

Kapel wrote:You seriously have all the time in the world it seems :wink: But this just shows ur passion for F1:D & mayb support for BAR :bouncey: :bouncec: :rolling: :ROTFLMAO:
I wish. With 2 kids and a job, you are kidding!

TV is good sometimes :shock:

Kapel
2004 Champ
2004 Champ

Post by Kapel » Thu May 05, 2005 5:20 pm

In his summing-up speech,Brackley-based high-powered legal team led by top London barrister David Pannick suggested that, in the event that the court disagreed with BAR?s interpretation of the regulations, a ?modest fine? would be the only appropriate penalty.

:shock: :shock:
Are they agreeing that they have cheated and pleading not to be expelled from championship????
An F1 Idiot!!!

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Thu May 05, 2005 5:27 pm

The fine would be for BAR not interpreting the rules in the way they were intended.
We are smart but would be accepting a fine for being so :shock: :shock: Strange

BTW: Answering your earlier question I am not a fan of BAR at all. I actually dislike them following the way DR treated Villeneuve. :(

Kapel
2004 Champ
2004 Champ

Post by Kapel » Thu May 05, 2005 6:07 pm

Noted!!!
What DR did with JV was probably wrong,but was JV clean in that episode too?? :alright:
An F1 Idiot!!!

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Thu May 05, 2005 8:09 pm

JayVee wrote: (I am crazy !!) :wha:
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Thu May 05, 2005 8:10 pm

ED, feel free to delete the first one :compute:

Kapel
2004 Champ
2004 Champ

Post by Kapel » Thu May 05, 2005 8:12 pm

Anyone knows of the verdict on BAR yet???
An F1 Idiot!!!

Kapel
2004 Champ
2004 Champ

Post by Kapel » Thu May 05, 2005 8:19 pm

julian mayo wrote:(I am crazy !!) :wha:
Yes Ed please delete this one!!! :wink:

There are some young kids who visit these forums & we wouldnt want them to be traumatised :D :wink: :rolling: :ROTFLMAO:

:cheers:
An F1 Idiot!!!

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Thu May 05, 2005 8:29 pm

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
The only young one I know of does so in my absence, having stolen the axe
beforehand ( there is nothing worse than a rusty axe blade)
Explain yourself Kappy!!!!! :shock:

K-D
Racer
Racer

Post by K-D » Thu May 05, 2005 8:40 pm

JayVee wrote: It seems that no such rule was made official.
http://www.fia.com/resources/documents/ ... ations.pdf

2005 Formula One Technical regulations:

Article 4: Weight

4.1 Minimum weight

The weight of the car must not be less than 605 kg during the qualifying practise session and no less than 600 kg at all other times during the Event (my underlining)

4.2 Ballast

Ballast cab be used provided it is secured in such a way that tools are require for its removal. It muts be possible to fix seals if deemed necssary by the FIA technical delegate.

4.3 Adding during the race:

With the exception of fuel and compressed gasses, no substance may be added to the car during the race. If it becomes necessary to erplace any part of the car during the race, the new part must not weigh more than the original part.
If that is the case yes but it seems BAR are claiming that the car cannot run without 6 kg of fuel (which is the amount needed to make the car legal). This could be rubbish but if they can prove it then it is just an interpretation of the rules and it is the FIA's fault not to clarify the minimum weight requirement.

Having said that, I think BAR are pushing to the very limit the rules and may have stepped over this time. We'll see!
If they need 6 kg of fuel to run the car, then their cars should never go lower than 606 kg on the weight scale, simple as that.

Yes we will see.

8)
K-D

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Post by Ed » Thu May 05, 2005 8:41 pm

julian mayo wrote:(I am crazy !!) :wha:
OK I've deleted this one & modified the other :shock:
Last edited by Ed on Thu May 05, 2005 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.