Radio rules

Discuss all the aspects of the Formula 1 sport here

Moderators: cmlean, Ed, The Qualiflyer, The Heretic

How much radio communication should be allowed ?

Totally allowed without restrictions
No votes
Allowed but with a limit
No votes
Partially allowed only for safety
67%
Totally banned
33%

Total votes: 3

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Radio rules

Post by Ed » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:47 am

This issue has been causing confusion and controversy this season. We had Hamilton struggle in Baku with a wrong setting and his team was not allowed to tell him what to do (Hamilton finds allies in radio rules complaint), at Silverstone Rosberg was given a 10 second penalty because his team told him to reset a setting (Radio ban making waves again after Rosberg penalty, now the FIA is stating that a problem such as the one faced by Rosberg should be resolved by the driver pitting (story:Latest radio rules divide F1 paddock.

How far should the FIA go ? Do you think radio communication should be banned ? Or should it be totally allowed ?

Tim
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Radio rules

Post by Tim » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:29 pm

I would go with a total ban but I think for the sake of safety, pit to driver communication should only be for safety reasons.

And I don't mind this latest ruling that the driver should pit. I remember not long ago when drivers used to pit to change the steering due to a software problem.

This is one area where if too much freedom is allowed, cars will end up driving by themselves :shock: