Round of Malaysia 2010 - Picks and Comments

The Best F1 Guessing Game! Have a question or just want to share with us your picks

Moderators: cmlean, 10 n Pole Admin

10 n Pole Admin

Round of Malaysia 2010 - Picks and Comments

Post by 10 n Pole Admin » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:10 am

10 'n' Pole players, post your picks for the third race of the season in Malaysia.

You can submit your picks at http://www.newsonf1.com/10npole/submit.htm then paste your picks here and tell us why you think your picks will be the correct ones.

For the latest Formula 1 news, visit the Formula 1 News page.

Please note that the deadline for submitting the picks is now midnight local time of Friday practice.

Good luck

10 n Pole Admin

Post by 10 n Pole Admin » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:53 am

Apologies

Some of the "Call for Picks" emails went out with Australia instead of Malaysia :oops: and we are investigating the double email issue.

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:00 pm

Ahh............first again to post picks for 10'n'Pole. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This time, its' the Round of Malaysia............................
1st} Jenson Button(first, I'd like to thank the Academy............. :lol: :shock: )
2nd} Fernando Alonso(shouldn't I be winning races by now?.......... :shock: :shock: )
3rd} Sebastien Vettel(............ :shock: :shock: :shock: ......................)
4th} Lewis Hamilton(how could I finish off the podium?..........I demand a recount!! :shock: :shock: )
5th} Mark Webber(.....thinks to himself, "Why can't I be as successful as Will Power is at the moment? :lol: :lol: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: )
6th} Robert Kubica(................starts to say something at Hamitlon, then thinks better of it..........)
7th} Felipe Massa(can you believe I finished ahead of Schuey?....will miracles never cease? :lol: :lol: )
8th} Michael Schumacher(........... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: )
9th} Nico Rosberg(relishes the fact that, "hey, at least I got more points than Schuey at the moment........... 8) )
10th} Rubens Barrichello(someone has to finish 10th......this week it's Barichello's turn.)

And for pole position...................Sebby V.
The Sci-Fi Station Come by and visit when you get the chance. :)
The Wayward Tarheel I'm even in the blogosphere.... :shock:

Jim Watt
Racer
Racer

Post by Jim Watt » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:36 am

:D Greetings race fans! :D

m. little beat me to the punch this week! :oops:
My picks don't look too different from his --except I can't see Seb Vettel finishing third! Either he wins ... or he parks! :rolling:

1. Vettel, Red Bull Renault [He only managed 15th last year, after a spin; the same place he finished the year before in the STR/Ferrari, but his luck has GOT to change sometime!! :burnout:]

2. Alonso, Ferrari [Though he won in 07 in the McLaren and was second in the Renault in 06, Malaya hasn’t been a strong race for him recently. :? ]

3. Button, McLaren [With the pressure off, Jenson does much better and I can’t see him not on the podium just yet –last year, of course, he was on the top step! :clap::clap:]

4. Rosberg, Mercedes [He’s quickly finding his feet in the Silver Arrow and might even make the podium, if the Vettel curse continues ... and Rosberg was second fastest last week in Austrailia, just a tick behind Webber 8) ]

5. Hamilton, McLaren [May finish even higher, but he’s not been qualifying well lately, has he? :alright: ]

6. Webber, Red Bull Renault [His was fastest lap last week, but his drive was also sloppiest. :( :( ]

7. Massa, Ferrari [I don’t think the Scuderia will let him block the Spaniard this week.8) ]

8. Kubica, Renault [He was second last year in the BMW/Sauber, but I don’t see a repeat even given last week’s wonderful drive.:clap:]

9.Schumacher, Mercedes [It will be fun to see the Merc dicing with the Renault, but unless Robert’s pit crew screws up, I can’t see Michael getting by him! :duel: :crush: ]

10. Liuzzi, Force India/Mercedes [I think Barrichello’s luck will begin to run out on him about now (and I wonder how the Cossie’s will do in the Malaysian heat; not to well, I’ll wager :roll: ). And poor old Sutil’s luck continue’s to remind me of Kimi’s! :alright: ]

Pole: Vettel, Red Bull/Renault :up::up:

Can we hope for a race as good as last week's? Yes we can! :cheers: Have a Great Race!

Jim Watt :wave:
My Racing Gods: Fangio, Vukovich; Senna & Mears --all racers all the time; graceful winners & generous in defeat, but never giving up!!

RE30B#16
Racer
Racer

Post by RE30B#16 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:39 am

Winner: Fernando Alonso

Second: Felipe Massa

Third: Nico Rosberg

Fourth: Sebastian Vettel

Fifth: Lewis Hamilton

Sixth: Jenson Button

Seventh: Michael Schumacher

Eighth: Adrian Sutil

Ninth: Rubens Barrichello

Tenth: Mark Webber

Pole: Felipe Massa

Sepang is an ultra fast course where setup and balance means everything. I believe Felipe Massa will post the fastest time in quali, but will be beat to the first corner by the 2nd fastest Alonso who will drive off into the sunset. Nico Rosberg will be the only other driver to really keep the Ferraris in view coming third followed by Vettel, Hamilton, Button, and Schumacher. Kubica and his Renault will struggle with handling. Webber will run with the big dogs until a spin. Adrian Sutil will impress again.

:D
Christoforo

You're not getting old, the music just sucks!!

Fernando Alonso is currently the best... Period!!!

-)_ (-
(_!_) Inclined to get behind!!!

10 n Pole Admin

Post by 10 n Pole Admin » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:13 am

Here are the Top 3 and Pole statistics for the round of Malaysia!

Winner
Sebastian Vettel 56.37%
Fernando Alonso 12.10%
Lewis Hamilton 10.19%
Felipe Massa 7.64%
Jenson Button 7.01%
Mark Webber 5.73%

Second
Fernando Alonso 33.76%
Sebastian Vettel 16.24%
Lewis Hamilton 13.38%
Felipe Massa 11.78%
Mark Webber 10.83%
Jenson Button 8.92%
Michael Schumacher 2.87%
Nico Rosberg 1.59%

Third
Fernando Alonso 26.11%
Lewis Hamilton 17.83%
Jenson Button 17.52%
Felipe Massa 14.97%
Sebastian Vettel 10.51%
Mark Webber 5.10%
Michael Schumacher 4.46%
Nico Rosberg 1.91%

Pole
Sebastian Vettel 64.65%
Fernando Alonso 9.87%
Lewis Hamilton 8.28%
Mark Webber 5.73%
Felipe Massa 5.10%
Jenson Button 4.78%

Results in a few hours

10 n Pole Admin

Post by 10 n Pole Admin » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:28 am

burgy top scores this round with 60 points.

The average score was 39.15.

Congratulations to burgy, you have won a NewsOnF1 Compact Smart Digital Clock with Alarm.
burgy managed to pick 7 of the top 10 finishers with 1st, 2nd, 4th, 7th and 8th in their exact finishing place. Picking Sebastian Vettel for pole earned burgy 3 additional points and scored a bonus 4 points for picking 7 and 3rd on the Grid!

The Overall Top 20 is available here

The Malaysian Top 200 is available here

The Popularity Picks for the round of Malaysia is available here