Round of Abu Dhabi 2010 - Picks and comments

The Best F1 Guessing Game! Have a question or just want to share with us your picks

Moderators: cmlean, 10 n Pole Admin

10 n Pole Admin

Round of Abu Dhabi 2010 - Picks and comments

Post by 10 n Pole Admin » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:23 am

10 'n' Pole players, post your picks for the nineteenth and final race of the season in Abu Dhabi.

You can submit your picks at http://www.newsonf1.com/10npole/submit.htm then paste your picks here and tell us why you think your picks will be the correct ones.

For the latest Formula 1 news, visit the Formula 1 News page.

Please note that the deadline for submitting the picks is now midnight local time on Friday the 12th of November.

Note that Nick Heidfeld has taken over from Pedro de la Rosa at Sauber

Good luck

Lloyd
F1 Tester
F1 Tester

Post by Lloyd » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:23 pm

It is with great pleasure I submit my picks for this the last round of 2010 8)
Winner : Mark Webber

Second : Lewis Hamilton

Third : Nico Rosberg

Fourth : Jenson Button

Fifth : Fernando Alonso

Sixth : Sebastian Vettel

Seventh : Felipe Massa

Eighth : Michael Schumacher

Ninth : Rubens Barrichello

Tenth : Robert Kubica

Pole : Mark Webber
Maybe, perhaps, not sure

Thaddeus
F1 Tester
F1 Tester

Post by Thaddeus » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:34 pm

The picks you have entered are:

Winner: Mark Webber

Second: Sebastian Vettel

Third: Lewis Hamilton

Fourth: Fernando Alonso

Fifth: Jenson Button

Sixth: Robert Kubica

Seventh: Felipe Massa

Eighth: Michael Schumacher

Ninth: Nico Rosberg

Tenth: Nico Hulkenberg

Pole: Sebastian Vettel

Jim Watt
Racer
Racer

Post by Jim Watt » Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:03 am

:D Last week, the wunderkind let me down by not helping his partner, so I am figuring this week the Racing Gods will intervene and his luck will go back in the direction of Kimi Raikkonen :twisted:

This is just to explain why der Vettel is only fifth in my picks. Last week, too, I figured the Hambone would overdrive himself right off the circuit; I was wrong and Lewis drove like the champion he is. This week, though he'll start first, the Aussie will get him before the last lap! :alright: and take the WDC for his first time! :up: :clap: :up: :clap: :bounce: :bounce:

So. Here are me picks, then:

First Place and WDC (with 263 points) Mark Webber! :D :D :1st: :1st::1st: :1st:

Second: Lewis Hamilton (logging 240 points, enough to place him fourth in the championship) will drive a really good race, just not good enough 8)

Third: losing the WDC by two points at 261 will be the Ferrari of Fernando Alonso. Poetic and Racing justice will be served and his 'stolen' seven points from lil' Phil in Germany will be not enough :? :?

Fourth: and redeeming himself a little will be Jenson Button, ending the year in fifth place in the points with 211 :)

Fifth: after struggling all day, Sebastian Vettel will collect just enough points to be third in the WDC with 241 points 8)

Sixth in the race and sixth in the points with 151, will be Felipe Massa in the 'other' Ferrari :roll: :roll: (maybe Maranello will think Polish next year? I certainly hope so!)

Seventh in the race but eighth in the points with 132 will be Robert Kubica; I hope he's 'promoted' to Felipe's seat next year 8) 8)

Eighth in the race, but seventh in the points with 134 will be Nico Rosberg and I hope, next year, he can keep up with Schuey!! :wink: :wink:

Ninth in the race and ninth in the points (74) will be Michael Schumacher ... is it finally time to quit :oops: :oops:

Tenth in the race and tenth in the points will be old Rubens Barrichello with 48. I think it's time, Frank Williams, to let him go. :alright: :clap: :burnout:

What a great season! Let's end it with the Safety Car safely in the pits all day!

cheers! :cheers: :thankyou: Jim Watt :wave: :wave:
My Racing Gods: Fangio, Vukovich; Senna & Mears --all racers all the time; graceful winners & generous in defeat, but never giving up!!

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:28 am

Once again, we've reached the end of the Formula 1 calendar............here are my picks for the season finale at Abu Dhabi

1st} Fernando Alonso(takes the win and the 2010 Drivers' Championship)
2nd} Sebastien Vettel(better luck next year, wunderkind.......)
3rd} Mark Webber(finishes out what has to be the Aussie's best-ever F1 campaign just a wee bit short..........)
4th} Felipe Massa(is it safe to assume that I'm back in F1 now?)
5th} Lewis Hamilton(oh, well.......there's always 2011! :) .....)
6th} Michael Schumacher(tips' his hat to Alonso, one champion saluting another.....)
7th} Jenson Button(...and thus concludes what definitely wasn't his finest hour....)
8th} Robert Kubica( :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: )
9th} Rubens Barrichello(scrounges a few more pts. for Sir Frank to end the season............)
10th} Nico Rosberg(this round's candidate for 10th place finisher)

And for pole position............Fernando Alonso
The Sci-Fi Station Come by and visit when you get the chance. :)
The Wayward Tarheel I'm even in the blogosphere.... :shock:

10 n Pole Admin

Post by 10 n Pole Admin » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:10 pm

As the picks for Abu Dhabi have closed, here are the top 3 and pole stats as picked by the 10 'n' Pole players:

Here are the Top 3 and Pole statistics for the round of Brazil!

Winner
Mark Webber 55.33%
Sebastian Vettel 22.84%
Fernando Alonso 14.21%
Lewis Hamilton 7.61%

Second
Sebastian Vettel 50.76%
Mark Webber 21.32%
Fernando Alonso 15.74%
Lewis Hamilton 10.15%
Felipe Massa 1.52%
Jenson Button 0.51%

Third
Fernando Alonso 45.69%
Lewis Hamilton 19.80%
Mark Webber 15.23%
Sebastian Vettel 12.69%
Jenson Button 2.54%
Robert Kubica 1.52%
Felipe Massa 1.02%
Nico Rosberg 1.02%
Michael Schumacher 0.51%

Pole
Sebastian Vettel 64.97%
Mark Webber 17.26%
Fernando Alonso 12.18%
Lewis Hamilton 5.58%

The majority are predicting a Vettel Pole and a Webber win with Vettel in second and Alonso in third!

10 n Pole Admin

Post by 10 n Pole Admin » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:05 am

Raceace Junior, MG and Berber all top score this round with 63 points.

The average score was 46.41.

The Winner for this round:

As 3 players are tied for this round, the player who submitted their picks earliest for this round is the winner. None of the winners submitted their picks for the round of Abu Dhabi so the player who last submitted a pick for a round is the winner. Raceace Junior submitted picks for the round of Japan and that was the last pick and is therefore the winner of this round. So congratulations to Raceace Junior, you have won a NewsOnF1 Compact Smart Digital Clock with Alarm.
Raceace Junior managed to pick 8 out of the the top 10 finishers with 1st, 3rd, 5th and 8th in their exact finishing place. Picking Sebastian Vettel for pole earned Raceace Junior 6 additional points and scored a bonus 6 points for picking 8 and Pole!

MG managed to pick 9 out of the the top 10 finishers with 1st and 2nd in their exact finishing place. Picking Sebastian Vettel for pole earned MG 6 additional points and scored a bonus 10 points for picking 9 and Pole!
Berber managed to pick 9 out of the the top 10 finishers with 5th and 10th in their exact finishing place. Picking Lewis Hamiltin for pole earned Berber 4 additional points and scored a bonus 10 points for picking 9 and 2nd on the grid!

The Overall Top 20 is available here

The Abu Dhabi Top 200 is available here

The Popularity Picks for the round of Abu Dhabi is available here

Raceace Junior

Wow!

Post by Raceace Junior » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:45 am

I'm in shock. Lucky picks for Japan I suppose!

Really looking forward to the new season. Congratulations to dexter03 for winning overall in 2010.