Round of Britain '19 - Picks and Comments

The Best F1 Guessing Game! Have a question or just want to share with us your picks

Moderators: cmlean, 10 n Pole Admin

10 n Pole Admin

Round of Britain '19 - Picks and Comments

Post by 10 n Pole Admin » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:25 pm

10 'n' Pole players, post your picks for the 10th race of the season in Britain.

You can log-in to the new 10 'n' Pole site and submit your picks at http://newsonf1.net/10npole/ then paste your picks here and tell us why you think your picks will be the correct ones.

For a live view of which drivers the 10 'n' Pole players are picking, visit the Popular Picks page

You can also visit the Continuous F1 Coverage page for all the news and comments on Formula 1

For the latest Formula 1 news, visit the Formula 1 News page.

The deadline for submitting the picks is the start of Saturday practice. That is at 11:00 British time (10:00 GMT) on 13/7/2019.

Good luck

cmlean

Re: Round of Britain '19 - Picks and Comments

Post by cmlean » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:20 pm

I'll get my picks out there but with little confidence.

Winner: Lewis Hamilton
Second: Charles Leclerc
Third: Sebastian Vettel
Fourth: Max Verstappen
Fifth: Valtteri Bottas
Sixth: Lando Norris
Seventh: Daniel Ricciardo
Eighth: Carlos Sainz
Ninth: Kimi Raikkonen
Tenth: Kevin Magnussen
Pole: Lewis Hamilton

After failing to land on the top step last round, Lewis will be out there to atone for that result. In front of his adoring British fans, he will again rise o the top step. Still. It hasn't been a bad season.
Young Charles will again be denied his first F1 victory but, that other Brit, Lando Norris will also finish well in the points. He would have done thousands of laps here both in a car and on the simulator.

Jim Watt
Racer
Racer

Post by Jim Watt » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:53 am

well cmlean, you and I seem to be the only folks left who care to explain their picks. That said, I have to admit to boredom over the Mercedes Benz dominance. All they do is play with the rest of the teams. It was interesting in France to see them in Austria too fond of their aero to not punch a hole in the front end and let the engines cool off a bit. It isn't as though it would have bothered either driver much to have to actually drive the car. Anyway, here are my boring picks for the most boring Silverstone in recent history (and that will be saying something!). Unless Leclerc and Verstappen tangle and take each other out here is how they will finish:

1. Lewis Hamilton will add win # 7 to his season (he could actually drop out entirely in the next race and not lose his lead!)
2. Valteri Bottas, having had a talking to, will be a good team mate and stand on the second step
3. Sebastian Vettel will arrive at the finish line about 22 seconds after Valteri
4. Max Verstappen will be fighting with Seb, but this time he'll not get a chance to get between the ferrari and the apex
5 Charles Leclerc will be taking notes on how to handle the Dutchman
6. Pierre Gasly will make up for Austria by only being two cars behind the Max
7. Carlos Sainz will lift the spirits of Mexican fans by dragging the McLaren Honda home in seventh and beating Lando
8. Lando will be trying his best but to no avail
9. with a little luck Kimi Raikkonen will squeeze into the points again
10. and Daniel Ricciardo will find the Renault has more little bugs in it than he thought. one point for the French.

The Pole will be, of course, Lewis's by a good margin.

I plan to watch a taped veresion of the race so I can skip through the boring parts and not waste any more of Sunday morning than necessary.

Cheers,

Jim Watt
My Racing Gods: Fangio, Vukovich; Senna & Mears --all racers all the time; graceful winners & generous in defeat, but never giving up!!

10 n Pole Admin

Post by 10 n Pole Admin » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:27 pm

Congratulations to the winners of the Round of Britain '19

Code: Select all

Rank	Score	Player		 Country
1	67	wallslammer1	 United States
2	66	Xcat28		 Peru
2	66	tuim		 Brazil
4	64	Stacey Maldonado United States
4	64	NuvolariF1	 United States
4	64	Down Under Dave	 New Zealand