Round of Europe (Valencia) 2011 - Picks and comments

The Best F1 Guessing Game! Have a question or just want to share with us your picks

Moderators: cmlean, 10 n Pole Admin

10 n Pole Admin

Round of Europe (Valencia) 2011 - Picks and comments

Post by 10 n Pole Admin » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:42 pm

10 'n' Pole players, post your picks for the eighth race of the season in Valencia.

You can submit your picks at http://www.newsonf1.com/10npole/submit.htm then paste your picks here and tell us why you think your picks will be the correct ones.

You can now get a live view of who 10 'n' Pole players are picking. Just click on the link on the submit page

For the latest Formula 1 news, visit the Formula 1 News page.

The deadline for submitting the picks is midnight local time of Friday practice.

Good luck

Thaddeus
F1 Tester
F1 Tester

Post by Thaddeus » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:05 am

The picks you have entered are:

Winner: Lewis Hamilton

Second: Jenson Button

Third: Sebastian Vettel

Fourth: Fernando Alonso

Fifth: Michael Schumacher

Sixth: Mark Webber

Seventh: Nico Rosberg

Eighth: Felipe Massa

Ninth: Nick Heidfeld

Tenth: Paul di Resta

Pole: Lewis Hamilton

More guesswork, but I'm hoping the aerodynamic changes make it a bit harder for Red Bull in qualifying. Also hope Schumacher does well after a rubbish 15th last year.

sennano1fan
F3 Tester
F3 Tester

Post by sennano1fan » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:28 pm

Winner: Sebastian Vettel

Second: Fernando Alonso

Third: Mark Webber

Fourth: Jenson Button

Fifth: Lewis Hamilton

Sixth: Nico Rosberg

Seventh: Michael Schumacher

Eighth: Felipe Massa

Ninth: Vitaly Petrov

Tenth: Adrian Sutil

Pole: Sebastian Vettel
Anything can be improved by a beer or two

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:36 pm

Winner: Mark Webber

Second: Jenson Button

Third: Sebastian Vettel

Fourth: Fernando Alonso

Fifth: Lewis Hamilton

Sixth: Nico Rosberg

Seventh: Felipe Massa

Eighth: Michael Schumacher

Ninth: Kamui Kobayashi

Tenth: Rubens Barrichello

Holy crap on a cracker! Image
Number one idiot for 2007!!!!!
2008 Round of France winner!!! Wooooooohoooo!!!!!!
2010 Round of Britian winner!!!!!!

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:13 pm

With a slim tenuous hold on the lead over in the F1 Idiots Group, here are my picks for the European Round of the Formula 1 World Championship...........

Second: Lewis Hamilton
Third: Felipe Massa
Fourth: Mark Webber
Fifth: Jenson Button
Sixth: Fernando Alonso
Seventh: Nico Rosberg
Eighth: Vitaly Petrov
Ninth: Paul di Resta
Tenth: Kamui Kobayashi

:burnout: :burnout: :burnout:
The Sci-Fi Station Come by and visit when you get the chance. :)
The Wayward Tarheel I'm even in the blogosphere.... :shock:

jido
F1 Tester
F1 Tester

Post by jido » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:22 pm

The picks you have entered are:

Second: Mark Webber

Third: Lewis Hamilton

Fourth: Vitaly Petrov

Fifth: Jenson Button

Sixth: Fernando Alonso

Seventh: Nick Heidfeld

Eighth: Nico Rosberg

Ninth: Sergio Perez Mendoza

Tenth: Felipe Massa

Jim Watt
Racer
Racer

Post by Jim Watt » Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:29 am

:D :D Greetings [REAL] Race Fans:

Well, F1 is certainly getting better with each race! Though last year was a nail biter all the way and this year Seb seems to be coasting to the WDC, it is still a nightmare to try to pick the top ten! My overall Rank has dropped to 155 out of 3076 :oops: :oops: because I just can't Quite get a handle on the podium finishers! So here I go again:

For Valencia (Europe):

:1st: Sebastian Vettel: I have to stay with the kid, even though he slipped up last time. The RBR is, even with them fiddling with the exhaust regs, the class of the field and Seb is the defending WDC!

:2nd: Lewis Hamilton: Much as I hate the Wokking Machines, they are getting faster and faster and Lewis is looking, to me, more and more like "The Nige" of memory; he goes for it; he's a RACER and not a corporate clone as much as they try to make him one

:3rd: Jenson Button: I don't think the boy can be THAT lucky for two races in a row; if he and Lewis come together again, I think he'll be the one sitting out the race. In a word, I expect him to be cautious.

4th Place: will go to the Bridesmaid again, Mark Webber, in a fast machine; maybe, if he can get some of Jenson's luck for a change, he'll make the podium

5th Place: will be, despite all his heroics, Fernando's. I would love to see him on the top step of the podium, like all Spain, but he doesn't have the racing luck

6th Place: I think Ferrari are improving (too late and too little, but still improving. In fact, I hope they're working on the 2012 car now!) so I'll put little Phil Massa here.

7th Place will go to Nico in the Silver Merc, followed by

8th Place, Michael Schumacher, his partner

9th Place should go to Vitaly Petrov, who is fast making Quick Nick look slower

& 10th Place will, I hope, go to the Sauber of Kamui Kobayashi, who is always fun to watch! (would love to see Jenson at Ferrari so Kamui could have his seat!)

Pole will go to the best Qualifier this year by far: Seb Vettel

Now, let's go Racing! :cheers: :cheers: :burnout:

Jim Watt
My Racing Gods: Fangio, Vukovich; Senna & Mears --all racers all the time; graceful winners & generous in defeat, but never giving up!!

cmlean

Post by cmlean » Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:41 pm

Damn. Forgot to get my tips in so Canadian tips will have to do.

1st - Sebastian Vettel
2nd - Lewis Hamilton
3rd - Jenson Button
4th - Mark Webber
5th - Fernando Alonso
6th - Nico Rosberg
7th - Felipe Massa
8th - Nick Heidfeld
9th - Kamui Kobayashi
10th - Rubens Barrichello
Pole - Sebastian Vettel

10 n Pole Admin

Post by 10 n Pole Admin » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:45 pm

Andre Bessa, JinxOnYouALL and Amminadab top scored this round, Andre Bessa submitted picks for this round while JinxOnYouALL and Amminadab rolled the picks from a previous round. Andre Bessa having submitted picks for the round is the winner for this round.

Congratulations to Andre Bessa, you have won a Gift from NewsOnF1 USA Online Store valued at $25.
Andre Bessa managed to pick 8 of the top 10 finishers with 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 7th in their exact finishing place and had 5th and 6th swapped around. Picking Sebastian Vettel for pole earned Andre Bessa 6 additional points and scored a bonus 6 points for picking 8 and Pole!

JinxOnYouALL also managed to pick 8 of the top 10 finishers with 1st, 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th in their exact finishing place and had 2nd and 3rd swapped around. Picking Sebastian Vettel for pole earned JinxOnYouALL 6 additional points and scored a bonus 6 points for picking 8 and Pole!

Amminadab also managed to pick 8 of the top 10 finishers with 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 7th in their exact finishing place and had 5th and 6th swapped around. Picking Sebastian Vettel for pole earned Amminadab 6 additional points and scored a bonus 6 points for picking 8 and Pole!

This year we are have automated most of the scoring system meaning less time to produce the results. We now also list the top 100 overall and top 300 per race.

You can also check your score for each race online.

The Overall Top 100 is available here

The European Top 300 is available here

The Popularity Picks (top 5 for each position) for the round of Europe is available here

10 n Pole Admin

Post by 10 n Pole Admin » Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:49 pm

Due to an error in the scoring system for those who picked Jaime Alguersuari, the results were resent after the scores for those players who picked Alguersuari were corrected.

Apologies for the inconvenience

As a result for the recalculation, there were 4 players who top scored this round with 71 points. In addition to Andre Bessa, JinxOnYouALL and Amminadab, czeckmate also scrored 71 points but as czeckmate's picks were rolled from a previous round, Andre Bessa is the player who wins the prize.

czeckmate managed to pick 9 of the top 10 finishers with 1st, 2nd and 6th in their exact finishing place and had 3rd and 4th swapped around. Picking Sebastian Vettel for pole earned czeckmate 6 additional points and scored a bonus 10 points for picking 9 and Pole!