Round of Hungary 2012 - Picks and comments

The Best F1 Guessing Game! Have a question or just want to share with us your picks

Moderators: cmlean, 10 n Pole Admin

10 n Pole Admin

Round of Hungary 2012 - Picks and comments

Post by 10 n Pole Admin » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:45 am

10 'n' Pole players, post your picks for the eleventh race of the season in Hungaroring.

You can submit your picks at http://www.newsonf1.com/10npole/submit.htm then paste your picks here and tell us why you think your picks will be the correct ones.

You can now get a live view of who 10 'n' Pole players are picking. Just click on the link on the submit page

You can also visit the new Continuous F1 Coverage page for all the news and comments on Formula 1

For the latest Formula 1 news, visit the Formula 1 News page.

The deadline for submitting the picks is midnight local time on Friday.

Good luck

Thaddeus
F1 Tester
F1 Tester

Post by Thaddeus » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:35 am

I'm assuming the McLaren upgrade will give them an edge. Interestingly, thunderstorms are possible on race day.

Winner: Lewis Hamilton

Second: Jenson Button

Third: Fernando Alonso

Fourth: Sebastian Vettel

Fifth: Kimi Raikkonen

Sixth: Michael Schumacher

Seventh: Nico Rosberg

Eighth: Mark Webber

Ninth: Romain Grosjean

Tenth: Sergio Perez Mendoza

Pole: Lewis Hamilton

Axey
Go Kart Racer
Go Kart Racer

Post by Axey » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:28 pm

for submitting your picks for the race of Hunagary (anyone else get this mistake)

The picks you have entered are:

Winner: Fernando Alonso

Second: Mark Webber

Third: Kimi Raikkonen

Fourth: Romain Grosjean

Fifth: Jenson Button

Sixth: Felipe Massa

Seventh: Nico Rosberg

Eighth: Sergio Perez Mendoza

Ninth: Kamui Kobayashi

Tenth: Michael Schumacher

Pole: Sebastian Vettel
Sauber FTW
Massa FTW
any ex Sauber driver FTW
Perez and Koboyashi FTW
btw did i mention i like Sauber

Jim Watt
Racer
Racer

Post by Jim Watt » Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:16 am

:D Greetings Race Fans!

I'm puzzled that so few of you are posting your picks. I guess this is a consequence of the 'social networks.' :roll: I'm sorry to see this group fading away; I've enjoyed reading your comments. :cry: That said, here's my picks for the kick off of the second half of one of the best racing seasons in my memory! :up:

It looks like [1] Alonso has found the key and the second half of the season may well belong to him. He’s the only one of the top drivers who has been in the points for every race this year and he’ll be getting another 25 in Hungary. Conditions favor him as rain is predicted, so we might well get a repeat of last week. [2] Vettel’s never won here; his best finish was second last year and he’ll have to fight to repeat that; it looks like Newey’s genius is slipping these days, :oops: :oops: but what will work for Seb as well as for Fernando is the rain-drops. Hungary’s been good to [3] Button with wins last year and for his maiden victory --also in the rain-- in 06. His teammate, [4] Hamilton has also won twice in the ring (07 & 09), but he’ll be just off the podium this year. [5] Raikkonen (won here in 05) is also good in the rain and should be able to hold off [6] Webber, (2010’s winner) who has only been out of the points once this year (and that just barely at 11th) but the gaps are narrowing rapidly & if he’s going to challenge Fernando it has to be this week—it’s make or break and the Red Bulls are stuttering :( . [7] Kobayashi, who seems to have settled down enough to stay in the hunt should push the stumbling Mercs farther down the sheets; [8] Shuey’s been nipping ahead of his teammate lately and might well do even better than my prediction. [9] Perez looks to be a potential champion as he gains experience; he’s very fast and not in a top car! The final point will fall to [10] Rosberg.

And the pole? I think Alonso’s lucky stars have their limits; it’ll be the wunderkind, Sebastian Vettel.

Looking forward to Qualifications in the sun and racing in the rain!

Jim :cheers:
My Racing Gods: Fangio, Vukovich; Senna & Mears --all racers all the time; graceful winners & generous in defeat, but never giving up!!

10 n Pole Admin

Post by 10 n Pole Admin » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:18 pm

Axey wrote:for submitting your picks for the race of Hunagary (anyone else get this mistake)
Thanks for pointing this out

We will get it sorted!

Thaddeus
F1 Tester
F1 Tester

Post by Thaddeus » Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:09 pm

Mr. Watt, I agree, and hope that we get more posts here and also on the race threads.

jido
F1 Tester
F1 Tester

Post by jido » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:50 am

The McLarens looked good on Friday not sure they will be as strong in the race. Alonso is always in the front runners, in fact Massa looks to have the pace too.

I expect Red Bull to be strong but not in the top. Same for Lotus, specially Grosjean who is struggling in the first day.

I expect a good performance from Sauber, not so good from Mercedes.

Winner: Lewis Hamilton

Second: Fernando Alonso

Third: Mark Webber

Fourth: Jenson Button

Fifth: Sebastian Vettel

Sixth: Sergio Perez Mendoza

Seventh: Kimi Raikkonen

Eighth: Felipe Massa

Ninth: Paul di Resta

Tenth: Michael Schumacher

Pole: Fernando Alonso

cmlean

Post by cmlean » Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:05 am

I might as well throw my guesstimate out there. This season has been so unpredictable which is a good thing.

Thank you for submitting your picks for the race of Hungary

Winner: Lewis Hamilton

Second: Sebastian Vettel

Third: Fernando Alonso

Fourth: Jenson Button

Fifth: Mark Webber

Sixth: Romain Grosjean

Seventh: Michael Schumacher

Eighth: Nico Rosberg

Ninth: Pastor Maldonado

Tenth: Sergio Perez Mendoza

Pole: Lewis Hamilton

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:35 pm

Jim Watt wrote::D Greetings Race Fans!

I'm puzzled that so few of you are posting your picks. I guess this is a consequence of the 'social networks.' :roll: I'm sorry to see this group fading away; I've enjoyed reading your comments. :cry: That said, here's my picks for the kick off of the second half of one of the best racing seasons in my memory! :up:

It looks like [1] Alonso has found the key and the second half of the season may well belong to him. He’s the only one of the top drivers who has been in the points for every race this year and he’ll be getting another 25 in Hungary. Conditions favor him as rain is predicted, so we might well get a repeat of last week. [2] Vettel’s never won here; his best finish was second last year and he’ll have to fight to repeat that; it looks like Newey’s genius is slipping these days, :oops: :oops: but what will work for Seb as well as for Fernando is the rain-drops. Hungary’s been good to [3] Button with wins last year and for his maiden victory --also in the rain-- in 06. His teammate, [4] Hamilton has also won twice in the ring (07 & 09), but he’ll be just off the podium this year. [5] Raikkonen (won here in 05) is also good in the rain and should be able to hold off [6] Webber, (2010’s winner) who has only been out of the points once this year (and that just barely at 11th) but the gaps are narrowing rapidly & if he’s going to challenge Fernando it has to be this week—it’s make or break and the Red Bulls are stuttering :( . [7] Kobayashi, who seems to have settled down enough to stay in the hunt should push the stumbling Mercs farther down the sheets; [8] Shuey’s been nipping ahead of his teammate lately and might well do even better than my prediction. [9] Perez looks to be a potential champion as he gains experience; he’s very fast and not in a top car! The final point will fall to [10] Rosberg.

And the pole? I think Alonso’s lucky stars have their limits; it’ll be the wunderkind, Sebastian Vettel.

Looking forward to Qualifications in the sun and racing in the rain!

Jim :cheers:
Jim. I am sorry that I haven't posted my picks this week (as I normally do) however I have just changed my isp and email and intended to post after the changeover but lost my old email and so have not forgotten who I picked. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Holy crap on a cracker! Image
Number one idiot for 2007!!!!!
2008 Round of France winner!!! Wooooooohoooo!!!!!!
2010 Round of Britian winner!!!!!!

10 n Pole Admin

Post by 10 n Pole Admin » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:54 pm

Bandol Lidia top scored this round with a score of 69.
Congratulations to Bandol Lidia, you have won a Gift from NewsOnF1 USA Online Store valued at $25.

Bandol Lidia managed to pick 9 of the top 10 finishers with 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 9th in their exact finishing place. Picking Romain Grosjean for pole earned Bandol Lidia 4 additional points and scored a bonus 10 points for picking 9 and 2nd on the grid!

The Overall Top 100 is available here

The Hungarian Top 300 is available here