Round of Korea 2012 - Picks and comments

The Best F1 Guessing Game! Have a question or just want to share with us your picks

Moderators: cmlean, 10 n Pole Admin

10 n Pole Admin

Round of Korea 2012 - Picks and comments

Post by 10 n Pole Admin » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:04 pm

10 'n' Pole players, post your picks for the sixteenth race of the season at Korea.

You can submit your picks at http://www.newsonf1.com/10npole/submit.htm then paste your picks here and tell us why you think your picks will be the correct ones.

You can now get a live view of who 10 'n' Pole players are picking. Just click on the link on the submit page

You can also visit the new Continuous F1 Coverage page for all the news and comments on Formula 1

For the latest Formula 1 news, visit the Formula 1 News page.

The deadline for submitting the picks is midnight local time on Friday the 12th of October.

Good luck

Thaddeus
F1 Tester
F1 Tester

Post by Thaddeus » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:12 pm

Here are my picks:

Winner: Lewis Hamilton

Second: Sebastian Vettel

Third: Mark Webber

Fourth: Fernando Alonso

Fifth: Jenson Button

Sixth: Kimi Raikkonen

Seventh: Michael Schumacher

Eighth: Felipe Massa

Ninth: Paul di Resta

Tenth: Pastor Maldonado

Pole: Sebastian Vettel

I think it'll be interesting to see whether the second car on the grid benefits from the long straight and slipstream and finishes the first lap in the lead, as happened last year with Vettel passing Hamilton. Weather forecast, at this stage, is for it to be dry.

jido
F1 Tester
F1 Tester

Post by jido » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:34 am

The picks you have entered are:

Winner: Sebastian Vettel

Second: Mark Webber

Third: Kimi Raikkonen

Fourth: Lewis Hamilton

Fifth: Fernando Alonso

Sixth: Felipe Massa

Seventh: Nico Hulkenberg

Eighth: Bruno Senna

Ninth: Jenson Button

Tenth: Paul di Resta

Pole: Mark Webber

I expect RBR to be as impressive as last race.

Lotus may do well... But I have no idea if Romain Grosjean will finish or not :conf3:

Lewis and his McLaren should be competitive

Fernando and the reinvigorated Felipe Massa should be there too

I feel Force India is on an up at the moment

:) :)

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:02 pm

Winner: Fernando Alonso

Second: Mark Webber

Third: Lewis Hamilton

Fourth: Sebastian Vettel

Fifth: Felipe Massa

Sixth: Jenson Button

Seventh: Kimi Raikkonen

Eighth: Romain Grosjean

Ninth: Bruno Senna

Tenth: Michael Schumacher

Pole: Fernando Alonso

Hopefully no one will take Alonso out on the first lap this week. I think he will be inspired if he can stay safe. Mark won't be happy after last week either and I think he will be on fire.
But considering how my tips have looked lately maybe I should not say anything.
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Holy crap on a cracker! Image
Number one idiot for 2007!!!!!
2008 Round of France winner!!! Wooooooohoooo!!!!!!
2010 Round of Britian winner!!!!!!

Jim Watt
Racer
Racer

Post by Jim Watt » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:05 am

:D Well Thaddeus & I agree on the Pole position and Jido & I agree on the winner.

JacFan has high hopes for Fernando, which makes him a "true tifosi" unlike myself. I think the days of glory for the prancing horse are now all in the past. Both the much hated McLaren (at least I retain that part of my Ferrari love) and the brilliant Red Bull teams show the kind of cold-blooded devotion to winning and meticulous preparation for any and all events that Ferrari used to manifest before their whole structure went corporate.

If they could just get some more money, perhaps Lotus might move up in the team hierarchy. Poor (in racing, if not money, terms) Lewis, in moving to Mercedes is re-playing Jenson's mistake. I hope he grows up during his exile from the podium driving a Stuttgart slug; I expect Ross Braun to retire before next season begins).

Enough silly season talk; here's me picks for the circuit in the sticks, otherwise called the Korean G.P.

1. Sebastian Vettel (Fernando's dreams of a 3rd title will die this Sunday, and, for the second time, it'll be the wunderkind who robs him)
2. Lewis Hamilton (always assuming McLaren doesn't sabotage him in a fit of pique. Not really likely, though; they need all the points they can get!
3. Mark Webber (his luck has GOT to change! Or maybe it isn't luck; can anyone out there explain what happened in Japan at the start? Is he spinning his tires and losing acceleration that way? What gives!?!)
4. Jenson Button will drive his usual, controlled, smooth, reliable, points-winning race
5. Fernando Alonso (this will put paid to the notion that Ferrari has some kind of secret new package & the best driver on the grid will continue to earn his salary.
6. Kimi Raikkonen (may be higher up if anything happens to the top runners; he could get lucky and get another third even)
7. Romain Grosjean (I shouldn't pick him, but with the long straight to the first turn, he should sort himself out before anything bad happens
8. Nico Rosberg (he's an under-rated driver in an embarrassing machine that doesn't deserve the three pointed star
9. Felipe Massa (I wonder if he'll even manage to get this high up; after last week everyone talks about his re-birth; this race should end that chatter)
10. Michael Schumacher (a ridiculous pick; just for old times' sake)

pole: Sebastian Vettel will sand-bag through practice and Q1 & Q2 --and then blow Lewis Hamilton away

this has sure been a crazy season to pick finishing orders; I hope next year's as much fun!

Jim Watt
My Racing Gods: Fangio, Vukovich; Senna & Mears --all racers all the time; graceful winners & generous in defeat, but never giving up!!

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:33 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock: I am a girl Jim!!

Jim Watt
Racer
Racer

Post by Jim Watt » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:07 am

:oops: :oops: :oops: So Sorry! Won't make that mistake again. Jim

p.s. are you behind Sam Davies in the Vendee Globe? I'm picking her to WIN
My Racing Gods: Fangio, Vukovich; Senna & Mears --all racers all the time; graceful winners & generous in defeat, but never giving up!!

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:53 pm

Hi Jim. If it makes it any easier for you my real name is Wendy.
No I am in Australia and don't know anything about Vendee Globe.

Jim Watt
Racer
Racer

Post by Jim Watt » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:11 am

:D The Vendee Globe is a round the world sailing race. Each boat has a one-man (and in the case of Samantha Davies, one-woman) crew. No assistance is allowed and the race takes about 80 days. The boats pass south of you on their way across the pacific, heading for the cape and the last leg home. It's great fun to follow the race on line. Just google Vendee Globe & you can join in the fun.

jim

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:53 pm

Sounds fascinating Jim. I will Google that and watch the progress.

10 n Pole Admin

Post by 10 n Pole Admin » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:24 pm

hawksec and Dom top scored this round. hawksec submitted picks for this round while Dom didn't.
Congratulations to hawksec, you have won a Gift from NewsOnF1 USA Online Store valued at $25.

hawksec managed to pick 8 of the top 10 finishers with 1st, 3rd, 4th and 5th in their exact finishing place. Picking Sebastian Vettel for pole earned hawksec 4 additional points and scored a bonus 6 points for picking 8 and 2nd on the grid!
Dom managed to pick 7 of the top 10 finishers with 1st, 5th, 6th and 7th in their exact finishing place. Picking Sebastian Vettel for pole earned Dom 4 additional points and scored a bonus 4 points for picking 7 and 2nd on the grid!

The Overall Top 100 is available here

The Korean Top 300 is available here

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:35 pm

Yay!!! My first decent score for ages.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: