Round of Britain 2013 - Picks and comments

The Best F1 Guessing Game! Have a question or just want to share with us your picks

Moderators: cmlean, 10 n Pole Admin

10 n Pole Admin

Round of Britain 2013 - Picks and comments

Post by 10 n Pole Admin » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:14 pm

10 'n' Pole players, post your picks for the eighth race of the season in Britain.

You can log-in to the new 10 'n' Pole site and submit your picks at http://newsonf1.net/10npole/ then paste your picks here and tell us why you think your picks will be the correct ones.

For a live view of which drivers the 10 'n' Pole players are picking, visit the Popular Picks page

You can also visit the new Continuous F1 Coverage page for all the news and comments on Formula 1

For the latest Formula 1 news, visit the Formula 1 News page.

The deadline for submitting the picks is the start of Saturday practice. That is at 10:00 Silverstone time (09:00 GMT).

Good luck

10 n Pole Admin

Post by 10 n Pole Admin » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:16 pm

Please note that we are having issues with mailing of picks and results. You can login and submit your picks and view your results from the previous rounds. We are working with our provider to sort out the email issues.

Apologies for the inconvenience

Thaddeus
F1 Tester
F1 Tester

Post by Thaddeus » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:54 pm

Cheers for letting us know the state of play.

My picks for Silverstone are:
Winner: Sebastian Vettel
Second: Kimi Raikkonen
Third: Fernando Alonso
Fourth: Mark Webber
Fifth: Felipe Massa
Sixth: Lewis Hamilton
Seventh: Paul di Resta
Eighth: Nico Rosberg
Ninth: Adrian Sutil
Tenth: Nico Hulkenberg
Pole: Sebastian Vettel

I'd prefer someone other than Vettel to win. The title race was nice and tight, now it's in danger of becoming a procession.

Jim Watt
Racer
Racer

Post by Jim Watt » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:58 pm

Thaddeus:

I don't see any danger of a procession. All Seb has to do is have one DNF and the whole thing's open again! 8) 8)

I wish I knew what was wrong with Ferrari, though. Their practice times look like Marussia! :oops:

I wish 10 n pole administrator would make it a little easier to get to this thread from the submit page! :evil:

That said, here's my picks for Silverstone:

1. Seb Vettel (it's his turn)
2. Kimi Raikkonen (this will be his last chance to close in; if he begins to fall back it'll be the lack of money at Lotus)
3. Lewis Hamilton (he's very hungry now and Merc would love to see him on the top step!)
4. Mark Webber (I know he'd love to repeat last year, but they're already talking about who will get his seat next year. And, much as I love Mark, there's a reason)
5. Nico Rosberg (I don't think he can touch Lewis on this circuit)
6. Romaine Grosjean (still not as skilled in the race as his partner)
7. Paul di Resta (would love to see him higher up; there are just too many good ones in good machines ahead)
8. Daniel Riddiardo (this is my wild pick; he's looking better and better)
9. Jenson Button (why is he in such a slump? wish he'd surprise us all and take it, but don't believe in Hollywood endings)
10. Fernando Alonso (this will be the end for him if all he gets is a single point -- but it looks like (from practice) it could happen

Pole: Seb Vettel

let's have a dry race, fans!
My Racing Gods: Fangio, Vukovich; Senna & Mears --all racers all the time; graceful winners & generous in defeat, but never giving up!!

Thaddeus
F1 Tester
F1 Tester

Post by Thaddeus » Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:08 pm

It does look like the race will be dry. I'd much prefer a Mercedes victory to a Red Bull one (and if Hamilton got it that would nicely stoke the building rivalry between him and Rosberg).

10 n Pole Admin

Post by 10 n Pole Admin » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:23 am

Jim Watt wrote:Thaddeus:

I wish 10 n pole administrator would make it a little easier to get to this thread from the submit page! :evil:
We are working on it and thanks to Thaddeus for the suggestion. Over the last couple of weeks we've had major email configuration issues and that distracted us. Apologies for that

Thaddeus
F1 Tester
F1 Tester

Post by Thaddeus » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:08 pm

Mr. Admin, cheers for the update. I enjoy this competition, and I'm sure we all appreciate the background work that goes on to allow it to function.

Also, I fluked my way to 12th for Britain. Bit lucky given just about nobody will've predicted Vettel not to finish. [Incidentally, I think I won Malaysia, which was also rather unexpected].