Round of Germany '14 - Picks and comments

The Best F1 Guessing Game! Have a question or just want to share with us your picks

Moderators: cmlean, 10 n Pole Admin

10 n Pole Admin

Round of Germany '14 - Picks and comments

Post by 10 n Pole Admin » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:36 pm

10 'n' Pole players, post your picks for the tenth race of the season in Germany.

You can log-in to the new 10 'n' Pole site and submit your picks at http://newsonf1.net/10npole/ then paste your picks here and tell us why you think your picks will be the correct ones.

For a live view of which drivers the 10 'n' Pole players are picking, visit the Popular Picks page

You can also visit the Continuous F1 Coverage page for all the news and comments on Formula 1

For the latest Formula 1 news, visit the Formula 1 News page.

The deadline for submitting the picks is the start of Saturday practice. That is at 11:00 German time (09:00 GMT).

Good luck

Thaddeus
F1 Tester
F1 Tester

Post by Thaddeus » Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:44 am

FRIC ban or not, I expect Mercedes to continue their private duel. Think Williams may be best of the rest. Glad to see the team doing much better this year.

Winner: Lewis Hamilton
Second: Nico Rosberg
Third: Valtteri Bottas
Fourth: Felipe Massa
Fifth: Sebastian Vettel
Sixth: Daniel Ricciardo
Seventh: Fernando Alonso
Eighth: Nico Hulkenberg
Ninth: Jenson Button
Tenth: Daniil Kvyat
Pole: Lewis Hamilton

Jim Watt
Racer
Racer

Post by Jim Watt » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:52 am

:D I agree with Thaddeus, the Mercs this season own the race for the pole, the race and the constructors' and drivers' championships. I really don't much care who wins the drivers' I like Lewis's driving, but don't think much of his spoiled brat chatter. I like Nico's reticence, but I think he's too cautious on the course. And, since it is obvious that Red Bull will be running Honda or Merc next year and Ferrari has morphed into Fiat, I'm hoping for a big three way next year between McLaren RBR & Merc (if the latter doesn't simply drop out as soon as they get the constructor's trophy).

so my picks are pretty boring:
1. lewis
2. Nico
3. Ricciardo
4. Vettel
5. another Merc Wms or F.I.
6. another Merc Wms or F.I.
7. Fernando
8. I forget who I picked and frankly don't care any more.
The stupid web site hasn't confirmed my picks yet and I can't remember them. In fact, when I looked back to the submit location to find out what I had done, it looked like I hadn't submitted anything. Is Renault running your computer programs newsonf1.net? It sure looks like it.

Jim Watt

hope there's some racing between Nico & Lewis at least.
My Racing Gods: Fangio, Vukovich; Senna & Mears --all racers all the time; graceful winners & generous in defeat, but never giving up!!

10 n Pole Admin

Post by 10 n Pole Admin » Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:22 pm

Hello Jim,

Well we hope not!

If you haven't got the confirmation email then it may have gone into your spam folder.

To confirm your picks were submitted, go into your 10 'n' Pole area, click on My Picks and Select Germany '14 and if you see the table populated with your picks then they are in the system ;-)

Maybe the system isn't a driveable as a Merc :D

Good luck

Jim Watt
Racer
Racer

Post by Jim Watt » Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:58 am

:D :D Thanks, chaps. Not your fault. I did get a confirmation of me picks; it just took longer.

I'm just grumpy about F1 becoming 'Formula Puny' with these cheesy engines --oops, sorry, "power units."

I suppose Bernie's next bright idea will be to convert entirely to electric engines with the cars running on little slots in the track like the toys we played with as kids. Think how 'safe' it would be! cars could never come in contact because they'd all be in their own little 'groove.'

At least Lewis was pushing this morning; and he has to be wondering, now, about why his brakes failed. At the German G.P. Just as he seemed to be closing in on little Nico.

If it rains tomorrow it will be fun to follow Lewis up through the pack. On the other hand, it's German T.V. We may never see him at all.

jim watt
My Racing Gods: Fangio, Vukovich; Senna & Mears --all racers all the time; graceful winners & generous in defeat, but never giving up!!