The 2006 8 'n' Pole Competition - Final Results

The Best F1 Guessing Game!
Have a question or just want to share with us your picks

Moderator: 8 n Pole Admin

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:04 pm

Congratulations to you both. Well done. So who will be the "banker" next season???? :?
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Re: The 2006 8 'n' Pole Competition - Final Results

Post by JayVee » Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:56 pm

gkaytaz wrote:
JayVee wrote:
gkaytaz wrote:
I was ranked at 600-something. In 2007 I will submit from race #1 and get a good final score. We will all do better next year :) At least I cannot do worse than 2006.
:conf2: :conf2: :conf2: :conf2: :conf2:

How can we will all do better next year

:conf2: :conf2: :conf2: :conf2: :conf2:
If everyone gets one higher rank then we will all have done better :wink:
I thought that would be your explanation but I have 2 problems with that:

- You added an 'if' clause which is an illegal condition when used with the 'will' function :D

- What happens to JD ? :!:
I'm back and yes supporting Alonso "The Cute" in the Ferrari!

gkaytaz
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Re: The 2006 8 'n' Pole Competition - Final Results

Post by gkaytaz » Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:48 pm

gkaytaz wrote: If everyone gets one higher rank then we will all have done better :wink:
JayVee wrote:I thought that would be your explanation but I have 2 problems with that:
Okay, let's clear em up.
JayVee wrote:- You added an 'if' clause which is an illegal condition when used with the 'will' function :D
It is no ordinary will function. It's willpower! It's a will-have-done function which presents a perfectly legal condition in conjunction with the IF :) Even in the US :wink:
JayVee wrote:- What happens to JD ? :!:
Well, I stated "If everyone gets one higher rank then we will all have done better". JD can't do better. That means that not everyone will get a higher rank, consequently not all will do better :) That's magic of IF :wink: :D
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

avinjaypats
2006 8 'n' Pole Top 20
2006 8 'n' Pole Top 20

Post by avinjaypats » Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:54 pm

Congrats JD on wining the compitition.... 8)

I managed to get into the top 20 only in the end (last race)

Hope to see a much tougher challenege :twisted: next year...

Bigu
2006 8 'n' Pole Top 10
2006 8 'n' Pole Top 10

Post by Bigu » Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:29 pm

JayVee wrote:
Bigu wrote:I have better things to do than talking on forums!I have gave my prediction to evry course and that's all...as you can see I had 1 post for every year...I think :D
See ya all
Hey Bigu, at least you can tell us what you pick every race and we can copy you so we can all finish in the top 10 next year :lol: :lol:

What do you say ?

Caution: Forums are addictive and rarely can you find anything better or more satisfying than talking on them. But you never never know if you never never try :D :D

Well done anyway :clap: :clap:

See you in March OK :shock: :shock:
I'm a real fan of F1 and I think with my luck I managed to reach top 10 for the last 3 years. 2 years ago I also won a trip to Monte-Carlo (4 nights, all inclusive, airplane, etc) at a F1 contest to Autoshow Magazine (it's an romanian magazine).
see you all in the next year competition

MickDaSlick
2006 8 'n' Pole Top 20
2006 8 'n' Pole Top 20

Post by MickDaSlick » Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:57 pm

Hi there everybody! I'm really glad I managed to finish in the Top 20 again. Congratulations to all the winners and especially to JD!
It's nice to see Romanians again in the Top 20.
It's been a nice competition (except for the very long time it has sometimes taken for the results to reach us).
@Filip Daniel: Bravo, ar trebui sa ajungi in primii 3 la anul!
(For those of you who don't speak Romanian, that roughly translates to: Well done, you should aim for the Top 3 next year!)
PS: Before someone starts counting my posts, this is my first one, as I have just registered today.
Have fun everybody! Looking forward to an even better competition next year!

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:12 pm

MickDaSlick wrote:Hi there everybody! I'm really glad I managed to finish in the Top 20 again. Congratulations to all the winners and especially to JD!
It's been a nice competition (except for the very long time it has sometimes taken for the results to reach us).
(For those of you who don't speak Romanian, that roughly translates to: Well done, you should aim for the Top 3 next year!)
PS: Before someone starts counting my posts, this is my first one, as I have just registered today.
Well done :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
You guys just blow me out.....I am starting to think I should spend more than 30 seconds on my picks :shock:
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

gkaytaz
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by gkaytaz » Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:14 pm

Julian Mayo wrote:
MickDaSlick wrote:Hi there everybody! I'm really glad I managed to finish in the Top 20 again. Congratulations to all the winners and especially to JD!
Well done :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
You guys just blow me out.....I am starting to think I should spend more than 30 seconds on my picks :shock:
I have no such ambitions. There are roughly 2000 players registered. I will be happy if I finish in the top 1000.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

gkaytaz
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by gkaytaz » Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:15 pm

Don't get me wrong though. Of course I will try my best to contribute to F1 Idiots' success :)

Will007
2006 8 'n' Pole Top 10
2006 8 'n' Pole Top 10

Post by Will007 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:40 pm

avinjaypats wrote:
I'm sure it will be 8)

As always the first race of the season i.e. Australian GP on the 18th of March next year will be very hard to predict !!! :?:

There should be a lot of guys who can regularly take pole and/or challenge for a win. Kimi in a Ferrari, his team mate Massa, Button in his Honda, Alonso now with Mclaren and Fisi with his Renault... :!:

Then at the end of this year BMW & Toyota seem to get their act together and promised to do much better next year.

I think we are in 4 a cracker of a 2007 Season

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:43 pm

Will007 wrote:
avinjaypats wrote:
I'm sure it will be 8)

As always the first race of the season i.e. Australian GP on the 18th of March next year will be very hard to predict !!! :?:

There should be a lot of guys who can regularly take pole and/or challenge for a win. Kimi in a Ferrari, his team mate Massa, Button in his Honda, Alonso now with Mclaren and Fisi with his Renault... :!:

Then at the end of this year BMW & Toyota seem to get their act together and promised to do much better next year.

I think we are in 4 a cracker of a 2007 Season
I certainly hope so :up: :up: :cheers:
Holy crap on a cracker! Image
Number one idiot for 2007!!!!!
2008 Round of France winner!!! Wooooooohoooo!!!!!!
2010 Round of Britian winner!!!!!!

gkaytaz
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by gkaytaz » Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:03 am

Will007 wrote: I think we are in 4 a cracker of a 2007 Season
Hear ye, hear ye!

I just hope that McLaren holds and Kimi doesn't break the Ferraris... As for Honda I would like to see them be faster, though I have my doubts as before the engine freeze they were not doing super good. Toyota need to have more ambition. Renault too. Fisi has to get quicker.

Will007
2006 8 'n' Pole Top 10
2006 8 'n' Pole Top 10

Post by Will007 » Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:35 am

gkaytaz wrote
I just hope that McLaren holds and Kimi doesn't break the Ferraris...
I'm not trying to take anything away from the likes of Schumi and Alonso, but I do believe that Kimi had very bad luck the last two years or so...

I use to be a huge McLaren supporter, but they just weren't reliable or fast enough through the year...

gkaytaz
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by gkaytaz » Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:42 am

Will007 wrote:
I'm not trying to take anything away from the likes of Schumi and Alonso, but I do believe that Kimi had very bad luck the last two years or so...

I use to be a huge McLaren supporter, but they just weren't reliable or fast enough through the year...
Kimi has great ability, no question about that. However his driving style raises some questions. People are asking why it was his McLaren that consistently developed problems. Either he's extremely unlucky or he's too demanding on the car. This shall yet be seen when he races in a Ferrari :)

cmlean

Post by cmlean » Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:04 pm

IMHO I think that Michael was also fairly hard on cars so the Ferrari was built to handle the additional stresses of kurb pounding and the like.