Round of Australia - Picks, comments and results

The Best F1 Guessing Game!
Have a question or just want to share with us your picks

Moderator: 8 n Pole Admin

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:18 am

Massa has a new engine installed, with the resultant grid penalty.

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:25 pm

Well I'm off to a great start... :lol: :lol:

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:31 pm

<T-K> wrote:Well I'm off to a great start... :lol: :lol:
I don't think I am. I did ok-ish but I am sure I will be down the bottom of the F1 idiots table. :oops:
Holy crap on a cracker! Image
Number one idiot for 2007!!!!!
2008 Round of France winner!!! Wooooooohoooo!!!!!!
2010 Round of Britian winner!!!!!!

gkaytaz
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by gkaytaz » Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:25 am

I did okay too... Given that Kimi has won and got the pole :) Apart from that though 'tain't looking good...
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

gkaytaz
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by gkaytaz » Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:32 pm

Used the 8nP calculator, looks like I got 29 pts. Not very bad considering that I have had single digit race predictions last year :)
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

cmlean

Post by cmlean » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:08 pm

I only got 27 :cry:

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:10 pm

I believe I got 29 too. :D I was thinking that was not really good but maybe it is ok. :?
Holy crap on a cracker! Image
Number one idiot for 2007!!!!!
2008 Round of France winner!!! Wooooooohoooo!!!!!!
2010 Round of Britian winner!!!!!!

gkaytaz
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by gkaytaz » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:24 pm

jacfan wrote:I believe I got 29 too. :D I was thinking that was not really good but maybe it is ok. :?
I got 50% of all those 29 thanks to Kimi's pole and win. That fella alone got me 14 pts :)

gkaytaz
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by gkaytaz » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:26 pm

cmlean wrote:I only got 27 :cry:
By the way, thanks again for the calculator. Very useful. :yourock:

cmlean

Post by cmlean » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:28 pm

Not a problem GK

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:36 am

I will be glad if I even make it into double figures for this race :lol:

Jim Watt
Racer
Racer

Post by Jim Watt » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:46 am

:D I wish I could figure out how to navigate around here. I thought I posted my picks on this thread and, after the race I thought I was posting on the same thread. But when I got a notice that someone had responded (it was Jay Vee), I found another spot or thread. Anyway, I am glad to know you, Jay Vee, are still posting; I missed you before the race.

I also liked what Julian had to say about the race (tho' I notice a crashing absence of poor ol' Jense's curse). I agree that the Hondas look like dogs or dump trucks & I was surprised at the Toyota's placings, but that will go south pretty fast; they can't expect both Robert Kubica and Felipe Massa to have bad luck every race. :lol:

Having had time to lament my miserable score (employing the Pole n'8 calculator someone so generously supplied us with) of 24, I now expect to be picking my points scorers from Ferrari [2], McLaren [2], Renault [1]; Williams [1/NR] & BMW/Sauber [2] & [it's nice to include Peter Sauber's name, isn't it? He's such a pleasant chap.]

In fact, speaking of niceness, I was really startled by Ron Dennis's pleasant demeanor to Peter Windsor before the race! In fact, right at that point, I began regretting my leaving Lewis out of my picks! I figured if Ron was this relaxed he definitely knew something I didn't.

Amen. I won't make THAT mistake (leaving Lewis out of the list) again. Of course, neither will anyone else!

I agree with Julian that Heikki better pick it up fast!

I am assuming that the Renault's quick starts last year must have had more than a little to do with Michelin, eh?

It's too early, I think, to count the (weirdly painted) Renault's out yet, much as I hate them.

And speaking about starts, how come no body said anything about Kimi's line into corner #1? Was it not a carbon copy of Michael's?

I hate that it's 3 whole weeks before Malaysia. I can't remember how the McLaren's v. the Ferraris are at that course, but I can't believe Fernando and Ron don't have plans for using Lewis to bedevil Kimi while the Spaniard disappears into the distance.

Ah well, enough. I have to go to work now. Before the boss comes by my desk!

Ain't we lucky to have such an OPEN season!

Cheers to JacFan & Snowy, too. :cheers:

Jim Watt
My Racing Gods: Fangio, Vukovich; Senna & Mears --all racers all the time; graceful winners & generous in defeat, but never giving up!!

gkaytaz
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by gkaytaz » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:04 am

Jim Watt wrote::D I wish I could figure out how to navigate around here. I thought I posted my picks on this thread and, after the race I thought I was posting on the same thread. But when I got a notice that someone had responded (it was Jay Vee), I found another spot or thread. Anyway, I am glad to know you, Jay Vee, are still posting; I missed you before the race.
There is a possibility that you have inadvertently (or not :wink: ) drifted off topic and got some of the posts moved to another thread by Ed. It happens. A tad disorienting at first but you 'll get used to it in no time. Then it'll be a walk in the park :)

Jim Watt
Racer
Racer

Post by Jim Watt » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:11 am

:D Thanks, gkaytaz (is that G. K. as in Gerald Kincaid of Tasmania, an Island S. of Australia & home to the Tasmanian Devil?). It's probably a combination of a senior citizen's failing memory (mine) and Ed's need to keep everything complicated. :D :?

Jim Watt
(of Indianapolis... at least for the next several weeks)
My Racing Gods: Fangio, Vukovich; Senna & Mears --all racers all the time; graceful winners & generous in defeat, but never giving up!!

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Post by Ed » Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:06 am

Jim Watt,

If my memory serves me well, I have never moved a post by you because it was off topic. I am sure everyone here enjoys very much reading you entertaining and detailed posts.

Let me try and explain how to navigate during race weekends:

We create a thread in the Formula 1 Racing forum to provide coverage for the race and for people to give their thoughts of the race.
We create another thead in the Formula 1 8 'n' Pole forum for the players in 8 'n' Pole to place their picks and tell everyone why the made those picks. This is the thread we are in now.