Round of Britain - Picks and comments

The Best F1 Guessing Game!
Have a question or just want to share with us your picks

Moderator: 8 n Pole Admin

jido
F1 Tester
F1 Tester

Post by jido » Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:44 am

Damn, too late for 8'n'pole. I think my picks would have looked a bit like rah's, with Heidfeld instead of Kovi in 6.

gkaytaz
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by gkaytaz » Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:10 am

jido wrote:Damn, too late for 8'n'pole. I think my picks would have looked a bit like rah's, with Heidfeld instead of Kovi in 6.
If you have posted for the French GP the same picks will be automatically selected for Silverstone.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

Southernman
2004 Top 10
2004 Top 10

Post by Southernman » Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:58 pm

And the results are :?:

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:35 pm

Southernman wrote:And the results are :?:
Missing? :shock:
Holy crap on a cracker! Image
Number one idiot for 2007!!!!!
2008 Round of France winner!!! Wooooooohoooo!!!!!!
2010 Round of Britian winner!!!!!!

gkaytaz
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by gkaytaz » Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:05 pm

...fixed :lol:
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

gkaytaz
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by gkaytaz » Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:07 pm

jacfan wrote:
Missing? :shock:
Yep, MIA... Once we have the results here we'll still be missing those of the German GP. Perhaps both results will be posted at the same time.

cmlean

Post by cmlean » Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:24 pm

Too many GP's in close succession. 8'n'Pole admin can't keep up.

8 n Pole Admin

Post by 8 n Pole Admin » Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:28 pm

Apologies everyone.

We have had complaints about late results on the forum and via email.

First and foremost we want to assure everyone that the competition hasn't closed down and will not be closing down. The competition has been running for years and will continue for as long as NewsOnF1 is up and running (and by that we mean many many years to come).

The delays in putting the results out is due to the team's involvement in projects outside the NewsOnF1.com domain and this has affected the site negatively. However on the long run, these projects will help increase the funding for NewsOnF1 and see services resuming normally and new ideas added on the site.

For the results of Britain and Germany, we will do our best to send both by this weekend at the latest.

Thank you all for your patience and apologies once again.
8 'n' Pole - The Best F1 Guessing Game
Register - Submit

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:31 pm

Able bodied, reasonably sound of mind fella for hire....
reasonable wage required......used to long hours and unusual times...Apply within :lol:
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

cmlean

Post by cmlean » Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:33 pm

8 n Pole Admin wrote:Apologies everyone.

First and foremost we want to assure everyone that the competition hasn't closed down and will not be closing down. The competition has been running for years and will continue for as long as NewsOnF1 is up and running (and by that we mean many many years to come).

The delays in putting the results out is due to the team's involvement in projects outside the NewsOnF1.com domain and this has affected the site negatively. However on the long run, these projects will help increase the funding for NewsOnF1 and see services resuming normally and new ideas added on the site.

For the results of Britain and Germany, we will do our best to send both by this weekend at the latest.

Not a problem. This is just a game and we all understand the pressure that you are under to produce the results. We are patient and appreciate your commitment to 8'n'Pole and NewsOnF1.

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:17 pm

Not a problem. :D :D I actually hadn't even thought about it until someone mentioned it.

gkaytaz
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by gkaytaz » Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:43 pm

Thanks for the info. Keep up the good job.

8 n Pole Admin

Post by 8 n Pole Admin » Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:07 pm

Results for Britain are being sent.

Britain was the highest average score so far and the top score was 55!

Congratulations to MAB and Newman for winning this round. MAB wins the prize for submitting picks for the round as Newman rolled over the picks from a previous round.

The Overall Top 20 is available here

The Britain Top 200 is available here

The Popularity Picks for the round of Britain is available here

Results for individuals and groups have all been sent.

Good luck in the next round of Hungary.
Last edited by 8 n Pole Admin on Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
8 'n' Pole - The Best F1 Guessing Game
Register - Submit

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:44 pm

8 n Pole Admin wrote:Results for Britain are being sent. Germany results to follow in a few hours.

Britain was the highest average score so far and the top score was 55!

Congratulations to MAB and Newman for winning this round. MAB wins the prize for submitting picks for the round as Newman rolled over the picks from a previous round.

Overall table to be updated later on Monday.
Got them and the results for the F1idiots has been posted in the appropriate place. :D

mabs_nsx
Go Kart Racer
Go Kart Racer

Post by mabs_nsx » Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:57 am

OMG I don't know what to say. I never win anything cos I got so much bad luck but I am currently in 2nd (after Britain) but I don't think that has got anything to do with luck for me cos I live and love this fantastic sport so much. I have loved it for a long time now but only started following it from 2003. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D Yes you can probably see I am very happy! :D :D :D