The Best F1 Guessing Game!
Have a question or just want to share with us your picks

Moderator: 8 n Pole Admin

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:39 pm

Thanks Jim. I am still in counselling but starting to make some progress. :cry:
Yes Julian I too did not pick Webbo but I am hoping by NOT picking him that his car might last the distance. SHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh the less said the better. :wink:
Holy crap on a cracker! Image
Number one idiot for 2007!!!!!
2008 Round of France winner!!! Wooooooohoooo!!!!!!
2010 Round of Britian winner!!!!!!

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:37 pm

jacfan wrote:Thanks Jim. I am still in counselling but starting to make some progress. :cry:
Yes Julian I too did not pick Webbo but I am hoping by NOT picking him that his car might last the distance. SHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh the less said the better. :wink:

The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

Jim Watt
Racer
Racer

Post by Jim Watt » Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:44 am

:D Dear Bundy:

You wrote:

"No Webbo purely because everytime i pick him, his car blows up"

I know how you feel :lol:

Last year, nearly every time I picked Kimi his stupid McLaren fell apart. :roll:

Maybe you'll get lucky and Lewis Hamilton will pick Webbo to be his new team mate next year :wink:

anyway, enjoy the race. I'll be happy if either Ferarri makes it to the end.

Jim Watt
My Racing Gods: Fangio, Vukovich; Senna & Mears --all racers all the time; graceful winners & generous in defeat, but never giving up!!

Jim Watt
Racer
Racer

Post by Jim Watt » Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:47 am

:D Dear Jac Fan:

I hear you (& Julian, too)

SHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh the less said the better. :lol:

Jim Watt
My Racing Gods: Fangio, Vukovich; Senna & Mears --all racers all the time; graceful winners & generous in defeat, but never giving up!!

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:28 pm

Jim Watt wrote::D Dear Jac Fan:

Jim Watt

Thank you Jim Watt. It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear ignorant than to open it and prove it.
Holy crap on a cracker! Image
Number one idiot for 2007!!!!!
2008 Round of France winner!!! Wooooooohoooo!!!!!!
2010 Round of Britian winner!!!!!!

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:57 am

jacfan wrote:
Jim Watt wrote::D Dear Jac Fan:

Jim Watt

Thank you Jim Watt. It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear ignorant than to open it and prove it.
....................................... 8)
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

Jim Watt
Racer
Racer

Post by Jim Watt » Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:57 am

:D JacFan's right about me keeping me big mouth shut. But heck; that's no fun. Anyway, the Webbo DID keep it together, so that's positive for Julian, too.

And, like I said, "I'll be happy if ONE Ferarri makes it to the end." And, given the way the Merc/Mac's were flying, Kimi did well to get on the podium.

I, like the commentators on Speed Channel, am not convinced there isn't a serious problem with the suspension or transfer case on the red cars. The video of Kimi's practice shunt didn't look at all like either a driver error or a tyre problem; the machine just took off to the right without warning.

Given this history, perhaps Felipe was right to park his machine, but I don't know. He was pushing pretty hard at the start; had Fernando not braked so early on turn one, he might have gotten p2 from Lewis. But that was the last time he was [really] close.

Kimi is a FERARRI driver, though; he drives the car until the wheels fall off or he finishes. I was riveted to the screen almost to the last lap wondering if he was going to have another shunt.

Lewis's overtaking of the nodding Kimi was CLASSIC. Lots of commentators are comparing Lewis's blocking and braking (unfavorably!) to Michael's of old. I can't say I agree with them. A racing driver gets the job done. Now I only wish he had been behind Nick, too. That way there would have been TWO brilliant overtakings!

Fernando IS the WDC. And he showed why, didn't he?

I just wish the press would get off the breathless drama about whether or not he's 'happy' with McLaren! Like he would rather be defending his title in a Ferarri? :roll: :roll: In a BMW/Sauber? :roll: :roll: Not bloody likely!!

Can't wait for Friday. Spa is a corker. Will it be an ALL GERMAN Powerplant podium? Could well be -- given the fading of the Ferarris. I only HOPE they're at work on next year's car.

Just think. This will be the THIRD YEAR for Ferarri as a bridesmaid. And given Renault's comeback next year [they HAVE TO COME BACK FROM THIS YEAR!] and BMW's hot breath on their heels, it could be a return to the mid-field (as in the pre Michael days) for the red machines. I wonder if they have Fernando dart boards down at Maranello?

Cheers :cheers:

8 n Pole Admin

Post by 8 n Pole Admin » Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:09 am

Results for Italy are now available.

The average score for Italy was 30.79!

Top score was 50. Congratulations to Lightfoot for winning this round.

Lightfoot scored 50 points by picking 7 out of the top 8 finishers with 1st, 2nd, 5th, 6th and 8th in their exact places as well as pole. Well done!

The Overall Top 20 is available here

The Italian Top 200 is available here

The Popularity Picks for the round of Italy is available here

Good luck in the next round of Japan.

Note: Results for Belgium to follow.
8 'n' Pole - The Best F1 Guessing Game
Register - Submit