Round of Japan 08 - Picks and comments

The Best F1 Guessing Game!
Have a question or just want to share with us your picks

Moderator: 8 n Pole Admin

8 n Pole Admin

Round of Japan 08 - Picks and comments

Post by 8 n Pole Admin » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:39 pm

The Japanese Formula 1 Grand Prix is on the 12th of October. Pick submissions close on the 10th of October prior to the start of the 1st Friday practice session at 10:00 local time (01:00 GMT).

Go ahead and submit your picks here then come back and paste your picks on this thread let the rest know why you think this pick is the right one.

Good luck!
8 'n' Pole - The Best F1 Guessing Game
Register - Submit

DanoF1
Go Kart Racer
Go Kart Racer

Post by DanoF1 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:45 pm

The picks you have entered are:

Winner: Felipe Massa :?

Second: Kimi Raikkonen :cry:

Third: Lewis Hamilton :x

Fourth: Fernando Alonso :P

Fifth: Robert Kubica :shock:

Sixth: Nick Heidfeld :P

Seventh: Sebastian Vettel 8)

Eighth: Nelson Piquet Jr :?:

Pole: Felipe Massa :D

***Here's to hoping the red cars' boss man will come thru with his promise of a 1-2 finish for the last three races***

Jim Watt
Racer
Racer

Post by Jim Watt » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:30 am

:D Greetings Fans!

Am so sorry I missed Singapore :( just my luck to NOT see Fernando show what it means to be a WDC! I KNEW he was going to win one race this season, but I thought it would be Brazil.

oh well. now to my pics for Fuji (I hate this circuit! :evil: )

:1st: Lewis Hamilton McLaren [on his (and his team's) way to the championship! I expect a smooth run from the pole to the end. :no:]

:2nd: Felipe Massa in the steadily failing red car [not even Kimi can really help now, not as long as Ferrari refuses :twisted: to get someone to actually manage the team! --as opposed to Public Relations!! :roll:]

:3rd: Kimi Raikkonen :up: in another red machine reputedly built in Maranello [probably will qualy on the third row & won't be able to do much better; am hoping for some real racing with Fernando]

4th: Said Fernando :up::up: in newly revived Renault [sure hope he stays with Flav's team for next year; will have a decent chance to regain his title if he does!]

5th: Jarno Trulli in the TOYOTA!? :burnout: [cheering up the locals (and making Ross Braun (& Honda) feel terrible!? :oops: ]

6th: Robert Kubica in the Sauber/BMW [sure hope he hasn't inherited Kimi's luck! :( ]

7th: Nick Heidfeld in the same sad machine [maybe next year, nick :? ]

8th & final point goes to: K. Nakajima in the home-built Williams [it is his HOME race :cheers:]

POLE: to Lewis, naturally. [Wish I could be excited but just have a hard time cheering for the cold, corporate silver and black.]

It HAS been a fine season, though, and you can't ask for more than one where FOUR drivers have a real shot at it, can you? :D :D

See you in the [virtual] paddock :drink:!

Jim Watt
My Racing Gods: Fangio, Vukovich; Senna & Mears --all racers all the time; graceful winners & generous in defeat, but never giving up!!

Lloyd
F1 Tester
F1 Tester

Post by Lloyd » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:35 pm

These pick brought to you by the same cards that produced 19 points from Italy :oops:

Winner : Felipe Massa

Second : Kimi Raikkonen Riding shotgun like a good No 2 :lol:

Third : Mark Webber The Bulls to finally come good (luck)

Fourth : Nick Heidfeld

Fifth : David Coulthard

Sixth : Fernando Alonso

Seventh : Lewis Hamilton Oh dear what happened?

Eighth : Heikki Kovalainen

Pole : Felipe Massa
Maybe, perhaps, not sure

Jim Watt
Racer
Racer

Post by Jim Watt » Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:02 am

:crush: :excuse:

Lloyd wrote "Seventh : Lewis Hamilton Oh dear what happened?"

Wow!! What do you know about McLaren that the rest of us don't? Are the wheels going to fall off Lewis's machine? Is this the second race on an engine ready to expire? Or is this part of evil Mr. E.'s plot to generate more interest by extending the WDC to the final lap at Brazil and Lewis is simply 'following orders'?

As I recall, Lewis knackered everyone at this course last year, driving like the Schumacher of old in the rain and making the field look like amateurs.

How could he fall to SEVENTH in a better car?

Well, any way, :gl: to you on Sunday!

Jim Watt :D
My Racing Gods: Fangio, Vukovich; Senna & Mears --all racers all the time; graceful winners & generous in defeat, but never giving up!!

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:00 am

Isn't it amazing what a difference a year makes? 2007--I was fighting for the top spot in the F1 Idiots Group......2008--Now I'm fighting to stay out of the celler! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Anyway, here are my picks for the Round of Japan.....................

1st} Kimi Raikkonen(hey, if Danica could win over at Motegi, maybe I can win at Fuji and throw a monkey wrench into the championship.......... :lol: :lol: :lol: )
2nd} Felipe Massa(just finish ahead of Hamilton......... :shock: :shock: :shock: )
3rd} Lewis Hamilton(...........points racing ain't so bad, now, isn't it? :shock: :shock: )
4th} Fernando Alonso(tell me again, why did I race for McLaren in 2007......... :shock: :shock: :shock: )
5th} Jarno Trulli(so I didn't win on Toyota's stomping grounds........sue me, why don't ya? :shock: :shock: :lol: )
6th} Sebastien Vettel(counting down the days til' he steps down.......uhh, I meant, steps up.... :wink: .....to Red Bull/Renault.......)
7th} Nick Heidfeld(scoring a few points for BMW in an effort to keep his seat...... :shock: :shock: :shock: )
8th} Sebastien Bourdais(does anyone need a 4-time ChampCar series winner at Indy next year? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: )

And for pole position.................Felipe Massa.
The Sci-Fi Station Come by and visit when you get the chance. :)
The Wayward Tarheel I'm even in the blogosphere.... :shock:

DanoF1
Go Kart Racer
Go Kart Racer

Post by DanoF1 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:27 am

Mlittle,

do you seriously think Ferrari will let Kimi finish in front of Felipe? If they do, they're done just like McLaren last year....

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:31 am

DanoF1 wrote:Mlittle,

do you seriously think Ferrari will let Kimi finish in front of Felipe? If they do, they're done just like McLaren last year....
I do.......however, I don't think it'll be the same as with McLaren in that I think Kimi's about at the "I don't give a flip what Luca and Co. want, I just want to win" stage of the season; if the opportunity comes to him(and if Hamilton's way down in the points or out of the top-8.....) I think he'll take it and say "to heck w/it, what was I supposed to do, hand a win to Felipe?"

DanoF1
Go Kart Racer
Go Kart Racer

Post by DanoF1 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:58 am

Mlittle,

That would be cool! I would love to see Ferrari's mgmt's faces if Kimi didn't obey an order to let Felipe by - in my mind it would make up for all the times Rubens had to let Michael by.....team orders are shameful! HOwever, I have a feeling Kimi will play nice! It's a good wait and see.

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:07 am

DanoF1 wrote:Mlittle,

That would be cool! I would love to see Ferrari's mgmt's faces if Kimi didn't obey an order to let Felipe by - in my mind it would make up for all the times Rubens had to let Michael by.....team orders are shameful! HOwever, I have a feeling Kimi will play nice! It's a good wait and see.
It would only work, though, Dano, if Massa finishes ahead of Hamilton......if Hamilton were to finish ahead of Massa and Raikkonen were to win....... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Jim Watt
Racer
Racer

Post by Jim Watt » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:30 am

:D I agree, Chaps. I would LOVE to see Kimi dust Felipe off!! But that would ONLY happen if Lewis and Heikki were COMPLETELY out of the points... and that ain't gonna happen.

...unless, of course, Felipe TAKES Louis out. Which I sort of doubt because they're good pals.

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:32 am

Jim Watt wrote::D I agree, Chaps. I would LOVE to see Kimi dust Felipe off!! But that would ONLY happen if Lewis and Heikki were COMPLETELY out of the points... and that ain't gonna happen.

...unless, of course, Felipe TAKES Louis out. Which I sort of doubt because they're good pals.

.....with a championship on the line, you never know what can happen.... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

GhoGho
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by GhoGho » Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:27 am

I did it again, forgot what the time difference was and missed submitting by about 15 minutes :(
I'm in shape

Round is a shape...........

:cheers:

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Post by Ed » Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:56 am

It would be certainly be fascinating to see that happen however I very much doubt that particularly with all the stuff ups from Ferrari this year.

From practice it looks like another close fight between those 3. McLaren's weakness is Kovalainen as he is unlikely to challenge for the win and be ready to take points away from Massa.

8 n Pole Admin

Post by 8 n Pole Admin » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:19 am

Spud has top scored this round with 37 points.

The round of Japan was another below average round in terms of scoring. Average score was 20.12 points.

Congratulations to Spud, you have won a NewsOnF1 Compact Smart Digital Clock with Alarm.

Spud managed to pick 7 of the top 8 finishers with 3rd and 8th in their exact finishing place. Picking Lewis Hamilton for pole earned Spud 4 additional points and scored a bonus 6 points for picking 7 and Pole!

Please give us your comments on how you've managed such a stunning pick!
All other players can contribute here as well. We'd love to hear from you.

The Overall Top 20 is available here

The Japanese Top 200 is available here

The Popularity Picks for the round of Japan is available here

Results for individuals and groups have all been sent via email.

Good luck in the next round of China.
8 'n' Pole - The Best F1 Guessing Game
Register - Submit