Round of Bahrain (ferrarigirl wins!)

The Best F1 Guessing Game!
Have a question or just want to share with us your picks

Moderator: 8 n Pole Admin

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:42 am

That will change when he steps in to Belly's seat mid-season, 8)
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

Snowy
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by Snowy » Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:54 am

Julian Mayo wrote:That will change when he steps in to Belly's seat mid-season, 8)
Yeow :oops:

On this :offtopic: note I think Honda deliberately came 5th last season so they could have the benefit of the third driver on a Friday, keeping Antony and...there was some other benefit I thought of but have now forgotten but you see my point it is all rather convenient (said Homer S like) :mrgreen:
Lewis Hamilton & Jenson Button World Champions :)

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:24 am

Snowy wrote:
Julian Mayo wrote:That will change when he steps in to Belly's seat mid-season, 8)
Yeow :oops:

On this :offtopic: note I think Honda deliberately came 5th last season so they could have the benefit of the third driver on a Friday, keeping Antony and...there was some other benefit I thought of but have now forgotten but you see my point it is all rather convenient (said Homer S like) :mrgreen:
But the $millions for BellyButton? :shock:

Bundy
Racer
Racer

Post by Bundy » Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:29 pm

I've reconsidered my picks. New selections below;

Winner : Fernando Alonso
Second : Kimi Raikkonen
Third : Giancarlo Fisichella
Fourth : Mark Webber
Fifth : Rubens Barrichello
Sixth : Jenson Button
Seventh : Juan Pablo Montoya
Eighth : Michael Schumacher

Pole : Fernando Alonso
There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.......

I'm no ordinary idiot. I'm an F1 idiot!!!
146th in 8'n'Pole 2007
293rd in 8'n'Pole 2006

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:49 am

Looked at my picks just to be sure to be sure and I didn't see anything wrong with them :D :mrgreen:

Go Alonso :TOTW: :TOTW:
I'm back and yes supporting Alonso "The Cute" in the Ferrari!

rah
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by rah » Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:06 pm

Better late than never what! Have a look and laugh all you want. I have no idea who is going to do what.

Winner: Fernando Alonso

Second: Kimi Raikkonen

Third: Giancarlo Fisichella

Fourth: Jenson Button

Fifth: Mark Webber

Sixth: Michael Schumacher

Seventh: David Coulthard

Eighth: Jarno Trulli

Pole: Fernando Alonso
Ok, Lewis may win the WDC in 07, but Sato will beat him in 08.

sgd
Racer
Racer

Post by sgd » Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:53 pm

rah wrote:Location: Playing tennis with Monty.
hey rah!! don't distract him with dangerous sports!!!! :furious: :furious: :D :D

you will regert you didn't pick him!!!!!!!! 8)

rah
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by rah » Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:35 pm

sgd wrote:
rah wrote:Location: Playing tennis with Monty.
hey rah!! don't distract him with dangerous sports!!!! :furious: :furious: :D :D

you will regert you didn't pick him!!!!!!!! 8)
Lol, maybe he should learn chess or something.

I probably will. To be honest I would like to pick him and I have no confidents in my picks at all. There are so many people I want to pick but I only have so many choices. Monty is not the only glaring mistake missing from my picks.
Ok, Lewis may win the WDC in 07, but Sato will beat him in 08.

coronado
2006 8 'n' Pole Round Winner
2006 8 'n' Pole Round Winner

Post by coronado » Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:28 pm

Still a couple of hours to go...let's share my picks

Winner : Fernando Alonso

Second : Rubens Barrichello

Third : Michael Schumacher

Fourth : Giancarlo Fisichella

Fifth : Juan Pablo Montoya

Sixth : Jacques Villeneuve

Seventh : Mark Webber

Eighth : Ralf Schumacher

Pole : Fernando Alonso

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Post by Ed » Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:03 pm

Jim Watt wrote:Then I remembered! :oops: my "NewsonF1 sticker which flies so proudly across the top of me windshield comes from Ozzie land. And the Marko is an Ozzie, too. No wonder.
Good to hear from you Jim and good to see the NewsOnF1 sticker flying in your part of the world.
When you get a chance, send us a photo :wink:

Good luck with your picks!

Mark Whitehouse
Go Kart Racer
Go Kart Racer

Post by Mark Whitehouse » Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:54 pm

Submitted on time, but posted late. Hell, I could pick 'em half way through the race and I'd still get nowhere near it!

Winner :? Kimi Raikkonen
Second :? Juan Pablo Montoya
Third :? Fernando Alonso
Fourth :? Michael Schumacher
Fifth :? Rubens Barrichello
Sixth :? Felipe Massa
Seventh :? Giancarlo Fisichella
Eighth :? Jenson Button
Pole :? Kimi Raikkonen

Snowy
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by Snowy » Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:04 am

Mark Whitehouse wrote:Submitted on time, but posted late. Hell, I could pick 'em half way through the race and I'd still get nowhere near it!

Winner :? Kimi Raikkonen
Second :? Juan Pablo Montoya
Third :? Fernando Alonso
Fourth :? Michael Schumacher
Fifth :? Rubens Barrichello
Sixth :? Felipe Massa
Seventh :? Giancarlo Fisichella
Eighth :? Jenson Button
Pole :? Kimi Raikkonen
Mark you said...just a moment ago...How could yu? :shock: True to your word I guess. :cry:

That's not even funny though :oops: Jense eighth it..it's..oh I can't even begin to express how disappointing that is. It's Prejudicial :shock:
However we shall see shall we not? :wave:
Lewis Hamilton & Jenson Button World Champions :)

Mark Whitehouse
Go Kart Racer
Go Kart Racer

Post by Mark Whitehouse » Sat Mar 11, 2006 2:39 am

Snowy wrote: Mark you said...just a moment ago...How could yu? :shock: True to your word I guess. :cry:

That's not even funny though :oops: Jense eighth it..it's..oh I can't even begin to express how disappointing that is. It's Prejudicial :shock:
Ahhh Snowy, dinnae be fooled by "location: Edinburgh". I am of a very rare breed ....... Aussie working in the UK. Yep, you guessed it, I'm also in another exclusive club ...... newsonf1.com users who rate their countryman Mr Webber quite highly.

Ok, he's not in my eight, but that's down to a very simple theory. My selections are always rubbish and he stands a better chance of doing well if I leave him out!

Sorry mate!

Jim Watt
Racer
Racer

Post by Jim Watt » Sat Mar 11, 2006 3:25 am

Snowy Wrote:

Hi Jim :wave:

I have to take issue with your Picks I'm afraid :duel: They appear to be even less rational than our Antipodean friends. JPM could possibly win this race though in testing he has not shown that kind of form. Fernando has been ina league of his own with Fisci hot on his heels. And the Honda does appear to be very quick particularly in the hads of Antony Davidson. It went a second faster than the Mclaren at Valencia. To ignore all these facts is reckless and it troubles me greatly :oops: If you want to win 8'n'Pole your gonna have to pay some head to the form book, otherwise your just not entering into the sport of it :shock:

I would also like to point out that you have posted identical posts is this for emphasis?

Good luck Jim :wave:[/quote]

Sorry, Snowy, about the double post. Probably I got impatient with my server and hit the button twice. I'll be more careful in the future.

I put less faith than most in the posted test times. At least until I have some actual racing finishes to weigh. All winter long we get a variety of times posted, but we don't know the weights and other factors. Now, this season, we (or at least me) don't even know for sure WHICH bloody engine is in which bloody frame! Are the Scuderia Torro Rosso running V-10s? Is that why they look so good? I haven't had the time, yet, to find out for sure what engines (V-10 or V-8) are in various cars or teams. When I looked at NewsonF1.com's Team list, I didn't get much help. I already know (I think) who's on Michelins (we call them Mushlins here in Indy in honor of last year's fiasco :lol:) and who's on Bridgestones. But I'm waiting for all the talk after this race, hoping that things will settle out.

I'm thinking, for example, that Renault, Ferrari, and McLaren are all "sand-bagging" these practice sessions --especially McLaren (electronics!? sure Ron :?, we believe you, just like we believe ... ah but never mind, let's leave the politics.

Re: the airplane full of Ozzies headed my way with bombs in hand: it's all in fun, mates. I knew I'd stir up a hornet's nest. But ya gotta admit that last year was a disappointing one for Mark.

cheers, and in short order, we'll have something real to talk about!

jim, who hopes this is Kimi's Year at last!

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:53 am

Mark Whitehouse wrote:
Snowy wrote: Mark you said...just a moment ago...How could yu? :shock: True to your word I guess. :cry:

Ahhh Snowy, dinnae be fooled by "location: Edinburgh". I am of a very rare breed ....... Aussie working in the UK. Yep, you guessed it, I'm also in another exclusive club ...... newsonf1.com users who rate their countryman Mr Webber quite highly.

Ok, he's not in my eight, but that's down to a very simple theory. My selections are always rubbish and he stands a better chance of doing well if I leave him out!

Sorry mate!
G,day Mark, thank you for your sacrifice......may it work all season :lol: