Round of Malaysia (John takes the lead!)

The Best F1 Guessing Game!
Have a question or just want to share with us your picks

Moderator: 8 n Pole Admin

rah
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by rah » Sun Mar 19, 2006 2:07 am

<T-K> wrote:
Julian Mayo wrote:
<T-K> wrote:Nico will win it :shock: :duel:
He is running lighter than MW, and bothWilliams are runnung a lot heavier than Fisi and Button :wink:
I love optimism....... 8)
Yeah so do I. They are good rumours and I hope they are true.

The only thing I do know, is that my picks are stuffed.
Ok, Lewis may win the WDC in 07, but Sato will beat him in 08.

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Sun Mar 19, 2006 2:39 am

rah wrote: The only thing I do know, is that my picks are stuffed.

Along with 99% of us.....

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:02 am

<T-K> wrote:
Julian Mayo wrote:
<T-K> wrote:Nico will win it :shock: :duel:
He is running lighter than MW, and bothWilliams are runnung a lot heavier than Fisi and Button :wink:
I love optimism....... 8)
that wasn't my opinion :wink:
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

Snowy
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by Snowy » Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:15 am

Julian Mayo wrote:that wasn't my opinion :wink:
Is there any evidence to suggest Nico and Mark are running heavier than Fisi? Apparantly Fisi and Fernando were supposed to be on the same strategy but there was a problem with Fernando's rig. I can't believe he would have gone light :shock: It wouldn't make any sense. Jenson on the other hand is probably light but I wouldn't bank on it he probably has a little less than Fisi and was banking on being first into turn one and building a lead. :? That is unlikely now so I hope they have a plan B which they patently didn't have last week. :x
Lewis Hamilton & Jenson Button World Champions :)

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:22 am

Snowy wrote:
Julian Mayo wrote:that wasn't my opinion :wink:
Is there any evidence to suggest Nico and Mark are running heavier than Fisi? Apparantly Fisi and Fernando were supposed to be on the same strategy but there was a problem with Fernando's rig. I can't believe he would have gone light :shock: It wouldn't make any sense. Jenson on the other hand is probably light but I wouldn't bank on it he probably has a little less than Fisi and was banking on being first into turn one and building a lead. :? That is unlikely now so I hope they have a plan B which they patently didn't have last week. :x
The author of the article in GrandPrix.com who is at the track, said that the Williams cars were clearly faster than the Hondas and said that the only reason for the big time gap between the front row and the rest had to be down to both fisi and Button being light. Sir Frank was quoted as saying that Nico was runnining lighter than MW :wink:

Snowy
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by Snowy » Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:29 am

Julian Mayo wrote: Sir Frank was quoted as saying that Nico was runnining lighter than MW :wink:
You wouldn't normally expect that sort of comment would you? It might be giving the oposition too much to go on.:shock:
Lewis Hamilton & Jenson Button World Champions :)

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:34 am

Snowy wrote:
Julian Mayo wrote: Sir Frank was quoted as saying that Nico was runnining lighter than MW :wink:
You wouldn't normally expect that sort of comment would you? It might be giving the oposition too much to go on.:shock:
Imho he would hve meant slightly lighter at best. I would not want to run both cars on identical strategies 8)

BlinkyBill
F3 Racer
F3 Racer

Post by BlinkyBill » Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:16 pm

Julian Mayo wrote:
Snowy wrote:
Imho he would hve meant slightly lighter at best. I would not want to run both cars on identical strategies 8)
I agree. MW has been consistently half a second or more quicker than Nico . . . so to have virtually identical lap times points to what, 4 or 5 laps more fuel . . . which is the kind of buffer you want between the cars to give you options when you pit either of them . . .

This will be a fascinating race though. I am in the mood for two Williams podiums tonight.
Today's mighty oak is yesterdays nut that held its ground. . . there is hope for us all.

backmarker
Go Kart Racer
Go Kart Racer

Post by backmarker » Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:10 pm

What a weird grid for Malaysia.

Looks like my glory of 2nd place will be very short lived, unless Raikkonnen wins, MSchu 2nd, Alo 3rd, Butt 4th, Monya 5th, Web 6th, Fisi 7th and Rosb 8th.

Oh well, I think strategy is out the door for the next race...

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:05 am

backmarker wrote:What a weird grid for Malaysia.

Looks like my glory of 2nd place will be very short lived, unless Raikkonnen wins, MSchu 2nd, Alo 3rd, Butt 4th, Monya 5th, Web 6th, Fisi 7th and Rosb 8th.

Oh well, I think strategy is out the door for the next race...
I will be in the bar again slashing my wrists a mm at a time.

a good race for various reasons........now fasten your seatbelts for the Clipsal 500 from Adelaide next weekend.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:07 am

BlinkyBill wrote:
Julian Mayo wrote:
Snowy wrote:
I agree. MW has been consistently half a second or more quicker than Nico . . . so to have virtually identical lap times points to what, 4 or 5 laps more fuel . . . which is the kind of buffer you want between the cars to give you options when you pit either of them . . .

This will be a fascinating race though. I am in the mood for two Williams podiums tonight.

Well BB. I really have only one thing to say about our mutual hopes

[size=18]FAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRKKKKKKKKKK[/size]

BlinkyBill
F3 Racer
F3 Racer

Post by BlinkyBill » Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:24 pm

Julian Mayo wrote:
BlinkyBill wrote:
Julian Mayo wrote:

Well BB. I really have only one thing to say about our mutual hopes

[size=18]FAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRKKKKKKKKKK[/size]
I'm drowning in my disappointment . . .
Today's mighty oak is yesterdays nut that held its ground. . . there is hope for us all.

Kapel
2004 Champ
2004 Champ

Post by Kapel » Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:50 pm

<T-K> wrote:
rah wrote: The only thing I do know, is that my picks are stuffed.

Along with 99% of us.....
Including me :cry:
An F1 Idiot!!!

cmlean

Post by cmlean » Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:16 am

I'm struggling with mediocrity.

Amjad
2005 Top 10
2005 Top 10

Post by Amjad » Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:37 pm

cmlean wrote:I'm struggling with mediocrity.
Who is not ??????????????????? :x
Any why, i think every one including me can't predict the right race order :roll: but all can pick 6/8 and most of us have zero pole point -- other than button lover-- :evil:
5th in 2005 in 8 & Pole
18th in 2010 in 10&Pole