Round of Malaysia (John takes the lead!)

The Best F1 Guessing Game!
Have a question or just want to share with us your picks

Moderator: 8 n Pole Admin

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:06 pm

Bundy wrote:Third: Kimi Raikkonen - Is still the quickest driver on the planet. Using JV's logic if he had of started on pole in Bahrain he would have lapped everyone
That logic is only applicable if your name is Fernando Alonso

:rolling: :ROTFLMAO: :TOTW: :burnout: :cheers:
I'm back and yes supporting Alonso "The Cute" in the Ferrari!

Kapel
2004 Champ
2004 Champ

Post by Kapel » Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:58 pm

JayVee wrote:
Bundy wrote:Third: Kimi Raikkonen - Is still the quickest driver on the planet. Using JV's logic if he had of started on pole in Bahrain he would have lapped everyone
That logic is only applicable if your name is Fernando Alonso

:rolling: :ROTFLMAO: :TOTW: :burnout: :cheers:
In ur dreams :croc: :burnout: :bs:

:flag:
An F1 Idiot!!!

Lloyd
F1 Tester
F1 Tester

Post by Lloyd » Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:34 pm

Breaking news. Jenson finds clutch "was under my nose"

Malaysia

Pole M Schu. Must agree, he wants the record

First: Alonso. will get 2 in a row and then get cocky
Second: Webber, Cosworth can do it :D
Third. JPM. Saved the engine at Bahrain
Fourth. M Schu, rung the donk dry in the desert
Fifth. Fisi. Allowed to have a good car this week
Sixth. Rubens. Knows how to find a clutch.
Seventh. Nico. more of the same
Eighth. Massa, its not a rally

Kimi. Just follow the plume of blue smoke to find his expired engine
Button. I was looking for the clutch and didnt notice the lights change :roll:
Maybe, perhaps, not sure

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:28 am

My turn.....

1- Massa......because of a few mistakes of other drivers...
2- Pablo.......I was promised food for a podium..
3- MS...........Damn I hate safety cars...
4- Fonzi.........If only my fuel rig worked properly....
5- Button......Wow..is that a mirror?...
6- Rosberg.....Got things to prove...
7- Fisi............Where did Nico come from???
8- Heidfeld.....Because I can....

pole- Kimi.......You cant beat me....

Kimi...............Wha!? Where did my rear wing go??
Chello.............Kimi's spinning car, need I say more...

BlinkyBill
F3 Racer
F3 Racer

Post by BlinkyBill » Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:49 am

Interesting news that JPM's car had an engine mapping problem and was down on power in Bahrain.

That raises a question: how does the 10 grid penalty work? when does it apply?

1/ Fisi had a hydraulics failure last weekend but doesnt get a penalty providing they dont change the engine ?? Is that right?
2/ although I heard rumours that renualt were sending Fisi's engine off for analysis. If he has a new engine, does that mean a 10 grid penalty in Malaysia??
3/ JPM will get a 10 grid if they change his engine? yes? therefore he either risks not getting the mapping problem fixed or takes a 10 grid penalty?
4/ and what about JV needing a new engine?
Today's mighty oak is yesterdays nut that held its ground. . . there is hope for us all.

Bundy
Racer
Racer

Post by Bundy » Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:54 am

JV's engine blew & he didn't finish the race. he gets a new engine no penalty.

Fisi & JPM finished the race therefore if they change engines they cop a 10 place penalty.

I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure thats how it works
There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.......

I'm no ordinary idiot. I'm an F1 idiot!!!
146th in 8'n'Pole 2007
293rd in 8'n'Pole 2006

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:56 am

Bundy wrote:JV's engine blew & he didn't finish the race. he gets a new engine no penalty.

Fisi & JPM finished the race therefore if they change engines they cop a 10 place penalty.

I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure thats how it works
Yup, DC blew an engine as he crossed the line, he gets a ten spot penalty :cry:
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

BlinkyBill
F3 Racer
F3 Racer

Post by BlinkyBill » Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:39 pm

Thanks boys.

In that case Ill be changing my tips.

Add to that a slight reshuffle of the order - my 8nPole is:

1. Schumy: I think we will see a Reliable Red.
2. Kimi: Got the speed. He just needs to finish.
3. Webber: Fast car and is unlucky to finish only 3rd.
4. Alonso: Opening lap drama's.
5: Jenson: Whats all this garbage about the Honda being quick???? In fact, this could prove to be a generous finishing prediction.
6: Massa: Keep out of trouble son and let the car do the rest.
7: Nico: Quick, but fair go - he hasnt raced on this track yet.
8: It comes down to JPM, Fisi or Rubens . . . all struggled . . . so I think Ill pick: Klien RBR.

Pole: Schumi. (webber p2 for the record - Williams to push to stay up the front). He wants that record and will deliberately run light.
Today's mighty oak is yesterdays nut that held its ground. . . there is hope for us all.

schmorbraten
Go Kart Racer
Go Kart Racer

Fisi didn't finish, or did he?

Post by schmorbraten » Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:53 am

Bundy wrote:JV's engine blew & he didn't finish the race. he gets a new engine no penalty.

No, I think Fisi retired, that's why they can send his engine to Viry to inspect it and he doesn't get a 10 place penalty for that, whilst JPM *did* finish and can't get his engine changed without copping the penalty. Right?

BlinkyBill
F3 Racer
F3 Racer

Re: Fisi didn't finish, or did he?

Post by BlinkyBill » Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:55 am

schmorbraten wrote:

No, I think Fisi retired, that's why they can send his engine to Viry to inspect it and he doesn't get a 10 place penalty for that, whilst JPM *did* finish and can't get his engine changed without copping the penalty. Right?
Ahh that makes sense: if you finish - your stuffed, if you dont, your ok. . . Thats the first real major difference to last year then isnt it. Last year if you DNF - you get a new engine but qualify first . . . so its not a noted advantage. This year, if your out of the points, and hit the self destruct button on your hydraulics, then you dont have the qualifying penalty for the next race and can start with a fresh engine

Fisi will have an advantage over the rest of the top 8 - the only driver in a top line car, with a fresh engine, without a 10 grid penalty.

Fisi is back into my top 8! . . . I just dont know where yet!

Snowy
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by Snowy » Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:16 am

BlinkyBill wrote:Last year if you DNF - you get a new engine but qualify first . . . so its not a noted advantage. This year, if your out of the points, and hit the self destruct button on your hydraulics, then you dont have the qualifying penalty for the next race and can start with a fresh engine
:wtf: These rules are crapooker :furious: aren't they. Max is a bad man :evil:
Lewis Hamilton & Jenson Button World Champions :)

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:23 am

Snowy wrote:
BlinkyBill wrote:Last year if you DNF - you get a new engine but qualify first . . . so its not a noted advantage. This year, if your out of the points, and hit the self destruct button on your hydraulics, then you dont have the qualifying penalty for the next race and can start with a fresh engine
:wtf: These rules are crapooker :furious: aren't they. Max is a bad man :evil:
Perhaps he is just misguided 8)
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

schmorbraten
Go Kart Racer
Go Kart Racer

Post by schmorbraten » Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:31 am

BlinkyBill wrote:
schmorbraten wrote:

Ahh that makes sense: if you finish - your stuffed, if you dont, your ok. . . Thats the first real major difference to last year then isnt it. Last year if you DNF - you get a new engine but qualify first . . . so its not a noted advantage. This year, if your out of the points, and hit the self destruct button on your hydraulics, then you dont have the qualifying penalty for the next race and can start with a fresh engine
No, I think it was the same last year. Sometime in 2005 Toyota pulled out a car during the last laps of a GP while they were out of the points, afterwards which the FIA clarified that rule and said they would look closely into incidents like that, so that no one can have this obvious advantage by faking a DNF. As far as I know, the rules concerning engine changing / DNF or not / grid place demotion haven't changed from 2005 to 2006.

The "qualifying first after DNF in the last race" simply doesn't apply any more this year because the qualifying format was changed.

schmorbraten
Go Kart Racer
Go Kart Racer

My picks for Malaysia

Post by schmorbraten » Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:58 am

Winner : Kimi Raikkonen - his engineers have got to get it right some time. Eventually.
Second : Jenson Button - again : could also be the winner, but at the moment there are still others with a better shot at that.
Third : Mark Webber - we've seen the car is fast thanks to his teammate, so he must be really raring to show he's too.
Fourth : Fernando Alonso - Renault weren't that fast in KL last year, and they weren't the fastest in Bahrain last weekend, neither in qualifying nor in the race. They just won there, remember!
Fifth : Juan Pablo Montoya - will struggle again with his setup, but is also a potential winner if he gets on top of that.
Sixth : Rubens Barrichello - Honda could very well be able to solve the problem that hampered him in Bahrain.
Seventh : Nico Rosberg - will be delivering steady, but doesn't know the track yet. But I have the feeling we'll see more from him than anyone expects, even now, after his superb performance in Bahrain. Potential World Champion in the years to come.
Eighth : Michael Schumacher - Bridgestone will struggle. Abrasive track, no mega winter testing there ...

Pole : Kimi Raikkonen - he would have done the same in Bahrain, but his engineers wouldn't let him. Mclaren is simply obsessed with maxing out every detail, which isn't the same as maxing out your overall performance and delivering of results. Pity, that. Sympathy for the finn or not aside - he's DAMN talented. If he needs to be faster to beat someone, he just is, while there are lots of really good drivers in F1 who simply become a wimp if something doesn't go the way they would like. - Did I hear anyone mention Ralf S.? Or JV? Or Fisichella?

I'm looking forward to seeing what's what.

cmlean

Post by cmlean » Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:08 pm

Winner: Kimi Raikkonen: Fast Car, Fast Driver
Second: Fernando Alonso: Proved tha Renault is still the one to beat
Third: Michael Schumacher: Ferrari proved that last year is history
Fourth: Juan Pablo Montoya:Still fast but not as consistant as Kimi
Fifth: Mark Webber: Williams seem to have the speed but need more
Sixth: Felipe Massa: Will have to drive smart
Seventh: Nico Rosberg: Impressive first up
Eighth: Giancarlo Fisichella: Again needs to step up as No.2 for Renault

Pole: Kimi Raikkonen