Have a question or just want to share with us your picks

Moderator: 8 n Pole Admin

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:29 pm

jacfan wrote:
Julian Mayo wrote:
jacfan wrote:Good idea :idea: Julian. I am sure hubby would help me out with the tech stuff... he is a mechanic. :oops:
harumph :cry:
I need you for non technical things. Like the 8 'n' pole calculator......oops no that is cm..... ummm must need you for something.... and something to do with 8 'n' pole.... See I can keep to the subject... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :bounceg: :wink:
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

gkaytaz
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by gkaytaz » Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:23 pm

jacfan wrote:I need you for non technical things. Like the 8 'n' pole calculator......oops no that is cm..... ummm must need you for something.... and something to do with 8 'n' pole.... See I can keep to the subject... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Admirable! :)
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

8 n Pole Admin

Post by 8 n Pole Admin » Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:37 pm

jacfan wrote:
8 'n' Pole Admin wrote:You are a highly regarded member of the forum and (long long before that) the 8 'n' Pole competition :wink:
I thought I joined the 8 'n' Pole competition in it's first year but could be wrong.
Indeed, you did join in the first year of competition going public. It was of course called 6 'n' Pole then!

Perhaps all the regulars here could tell us when they joined. And do they still keep their results :D
8 'n' Pole - The Best F1 Guessing Game
Register - Submit

gkaytaz
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by gkaytaz » Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:03 pm

8 'n' Pole Admin wrote:Perhaps all the regulars here could tell us when they joined. And do they still keep their results :D
Extremely easy in my case :) I joined right after the 2006 Hungarian GP. First predictions of mine gone out last week. Thus I do not have any results as of now :wink: Now it might come to you a bit daring to call myself a regular but I have a feeling that I will remain here as long as newsonf1 continues to exist...
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:16 pm

gkaytaz wrote:
8 'n' Pole Admin wrote:Perhaps all the regulars here could tell us when they joined. And do they still keep their results :D
Extremely easy in my case :) I joined right after the 2006 Hungarian GP. First predictions of mine gone out last week. Thus I do not have any results as of now :wink: Now it might come to you a bit daring to call myself a regular but I have a feeling that I will remain here as long as newsonf1 continues to exist...
:up:

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:18 pm

8 'n' Pole Admin wrote:
jacfan wrote:
8 'n' Pole Admin wrote:You are a highly regarded member of the forum and (long long before that) the 8 'n' Pole competition :wink:
I thought I joined the 8 'n' Pole competition in it's first year but could be wrong.
Indeed, you did join in the first year of competition going public. It was of course called 6 'n' Pole then!

Perhaps all the regulars here could tell us when they joined. And do they still keep their results :D
That's right it was and I had forgotten that. :ROTFLMAO: I did have my results but one computer died and I lost the first lot, then my hard drive on this computer died and I had to have it replaced, so I lost all my info.
Holy crap on a cracker! Image
Number one idiot for 2007!!!!!
2008 Round of France winner!!! Wooooooohoooo!!!!!!
2010 Round of Britian winner!!!!!!

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:37 pm

jacfan wrote:
8 'n' Pole Admin wrote:
jacfan wrote:I thought I joined the 8 'n' Pole competition in it's first year but could be wrong.

That's right it was and I had forgotten that. :ROTFLMAO: I did have my results but one computer died and I lost the first lot, then my hard drive on this computer died and I had to have it replaced, so I lost all my info.
All your info? :shock: ....... :cry:

gkaytaz
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by gkaytaz » Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:41 pm

Julian Mayo wrote: All your info? :shock: ....... :cry:
Similar story turned me into a backup maniac! Back then the clock speeds were measured in 1-2 digit MHz :) and the harddisk needed to be parked before moving the computer. And them 5 1/4" and 8" floppies :)

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:51 pm

gkaytaz wrote:
Similar story turned me into a backup maniac! Back then the clock speeds were measured in 1-2 digit MHz :) and the harddisk needed to be parked before moving the computer. And them 5 1/4" and 8" floppies :)
Sigh, there was a time when people spoke intelligibly :cry:

gkaytaz
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by gkaytaz » Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:09 pm

Julian Mayo wrote: Sigh, there was a time when people spoke intelligibly :cry:
Heh. Sorry JM. Got carried away I guess...

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:26 pm

gkaytaz wrote:
Julian Mayo wrote: Sigh, there was a time when people spoke intelligibly :cry:
Heh. Sorry JM. Got carried away I guess...
what scares me is that i understood the sentence :cry:

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:37 pm

Julian Mayo wrote:
gkaytaz wrote:
Sigh, there was a time when people spoke intelligibly :cry:
:notme: No siree. None of that intelligent type speaking from me!!!!

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:39 pm

All your info? .......
You would be surprised by what I keep. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

gkaytaz
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by gkaytaz » Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:42 pm

jacfan wrote:You would be surprised by what I keep. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Being a pack rat that I am I do keep everything and the kitchen sink. And I am not talking only about the computer :)

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:46 pm

gkaytaz wrote:
jacfan wrote:You would be surprised by what I keep. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Being a pack rat that I am I do keep everything and the kitchen sink. And I am not talking only about the computer :)
:that: Sometimes I scare myself with some of the things I save. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: