Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:42 am

extremely 8) ...go fisi :lol:
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

Amjad
2005 Top 10
2005 Top 10

Post by Amjad » Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:53 pm

Confusing thing in USA that Ferrari win the race not by their top speed as Renault leading speed trap sheet, so did their win go fully due to tire or they are find solution to medium - low speed circuit configuration?
Did Toyota find its way to be fourth force in F1 or it just luck?
Did Ron team lose his progress in the last 3 races or its tire issue?
Did Massa find his style to match MS and Fiso to match FA, or it's just once in the course?
Did Bmw have pace more than Toyota even with worse tire?
All this questions need to answer just to choose your next pick...it just so easily to pick this days.
:roll:
5th in 2005 in 8 & Pole
18th in 2010 in 10&Pole

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:12 pm

Amjad wrote:Confusing thing in USA that Ferrari win the race not by their top speed as Renault leading speed trap sheet, so did their win go fully due to tire or they are find solution to medium - low speed circuit configuration?
Did Toyota find its way to be fourth force in F1 or it just luck?
Did Ron team lose his progress in the last 3 races or its tire issue?
Did Massa find his style to match MS and Fiso to match FA, or it's just once in the course?
Did Bmw have pace more than Toyota even with worse tire?
All this questions need to answer just to choose your next pick...it just so easily to pick this days.
:roll:
Amjad, it was all down to Bridgestone tyres. Top line speed doesn't mean much. Look at the fastest laps.
Toyota use Bridgestone tyres
McLaren use Michelin tyres
Massa matched Michael for 1/3 of the race, after that he switched off (or was told to switch off :?: )
Alonso struggled with his car, Fisichella didn't and beat him. Good to see Fisichella do well for a change!!
Villeneuve had an engine failure :( :( He may have finished ahead of Trulli

I think the US race is a one off and shouldn't influence your picks for the next race but what do I know, I am down in 362nd position :shock: :shock:
I'm back and yes supporting Alonso "The Cute" in the Ferrari!

cmlean

Post by cmlean » Wed Jul 05, 2006 5:31 pm

You are still wise and knowledgeable JayVee.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:47 pm

cmlean wrote:You are still wise and knowledgeable JayVee.
I concur 8)

Amjad
2005 Top 10
2005 Top 10

Post by Amjad » Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:07 pm

It was all down to Bridgestone tires. Top line speed doesn't mean much. Look at the fastest laps.
Toyota use Bridgestone tires
McLaren use Michelin tires
Ferrari car characteristic with very high top speed (5-6 km/h more than others), so every one expect them to be good in Canada and USA. But in Canada they leading top speed sheet but they are struggle. in USA Renault leading the top speed chart but they are also struggle, so I mean that Ferrari just change their approach and depend on the speed of the inner slow part of the circuit instead of high speed part, so they are become competitive in such type of twisty slow circuit.

McLaren were out at turn 2, so we did not see their race pace,
Toyota race pace when they are out of troubles is always in top 8, you can go to www.f1.com and review fastest lap for every race. So to be 4th and 5th with McLaren out, it is very normal.
You may be true, it maybe down to tire but what about Williams, they can't match the Redbull or STR even with Bridgestone.
JV in Michelins was as quick as Ralf, why!!!!?
So my question becomes more sense?
Massa matched Michael for 1/3 of the race, after that he switched off (or was told to switch off :)
Alonso struggled with his car, Fisichella didn't and beat him. Good to see Fisichella do well for a change!!
what I want to said, that if Fiso can match Alonso pace, you must pick Renault 1-2 or Ferrari 1-2 not Alonso 1st, MS 2nd, Kimi 3rd, Fiso 4th, Massa 5th and so on, the order of your pick will change dramatically.
Villeneuve had an engine failure :( :( He may have finished ahead of Trulli
May be or maybe not, he was quick but he may be light in fuel, as JV was right behind Ralf in his 24 laps but Ralf was slowed by Rubino about 0.7 second per lap , the question is could he keep with Toyota with free road?
I think the US race is a one off and shouldn't influence your picks for the next race but what do I know, I am down in 362nd position: shock: shock:
I think we all will see changing in both championships during next 3 races.
5th in 2005 in 8 & Pole
18th in 2010 in 10&Pole

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:03 pm

Fisi was using a new spec engine, because they had to put a new engine in his car anyway (then the team artificially limited it so he couldn't take points off Alonso :evil: )
Alonso gets the same spec engine next race, and Fisi's will be one race old.
I would think about the possibility of another Fisi retirement....they will probably give him a new suspension or aero gumnut to test :cry:

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:03 pm

Amjad wrote: Ferrari car characteristic with very high top speed (5-6 km/h more than others), so every one expect them to be good in Canada and USA. But in Canada they leading top speed sheet but they are struggle. in USA Renault leading the top speed chart but they are also struggle, so I mean that Ferrari just change their approach and depend on the speed of the inner slow part of the circuit instead of high speed part, so they are become competitive in such type of twisty slow circuit.
I just think they knew they had a superior tyre so they decided to go conservative and use more wing to handle better in the infield
Amjad wrote:McLaren were out at turn 2, so we did not see their race pace,
Toyota race pace when they are out of troubles is always in top 8, you can go to www.f1.com and review fastest lap for every race. So to be 4th and 5th with McLaren out, it is very normal.
You may be true, it maybe down to tire but what about Williams, they can't match the Redbull or STR even with Bridgestone.
I think BMW was very strong in Canada and US even though they were on Michelin.
Williams are stuffed. I am sure they are scratching their heads too!!
Amjad wrote: what I want to said, that if Fiso can match Alonso pace, you must pick Renault 1-2 or Ferrari 1-2 not Alonso 1st, MS 2nd, Kimi 3rd, Fiso 4th, Massa 5th and so on, the order of your pick will change dramatically.
I have never been able to carry out micro analysis and apply them to the next race. Besides I never pick Michael :lol: :lol:
In France I will pick Renault 1 - 2, Massa perhaps 4th of 5th
Amjad wrote:I think we all will see changing in both championships during next 3 races.
So you think Ferrari and Michael will overtake Renault and Alonso in the next 3 races :shock: :shock: :shock: . Good luck in 8 'n' Pole then :D

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:07 pm

I think I did watch the US Grand Prix and saw Fisichella overtaking Alonso. Oh what a mess Renault made of that :shock: :shock:

But I thought Fisichella is staying and Alonso is leaving :lol: :lol: :lol:

Amjad
2005 Top 10
2005 Top 10

Post by Amjad » Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:30 pm

JayVee wrote:
Amjad wrote: Ferrari car characteristic with very high top speed (5-6 km/h more than others), so every one expect them to be good in Canada and USA. But in Canada they leading top speed sheet but they are struggle. in USA Renault leading the top speed chart but they are also struggle, so I mean that Ferrari just change their approach and depend on the speed of the inner slow part of the circuit instead of high speed part, so they are become competitive in such type of twisty slow circuit.
I just think they knew they had a superior tyre so they decided to go conservative and use more wing to handle better in the infield
Amjad wrote:McLaren were out at turn 2, so we did not see their race pace,
I think BMW was very strong in Canada and US even though they were on Michelin.
Williams are stuffed. I am sure they are scratching their heads too!!
Amjad wrote: what I want to said, that if Fiso can match Alonso pace, you must pick Renault 1-2 or Ferrari 1-2 not Alonso 1st, MS 2nd, Kimi 3rd, Fiso 4th, Massa 5th and so on, the order of your pick will change dramatically.
I have never been able to carry out micro analysis and apply them to the next race. Besides I never pick Michael :lol: :lol:
In France I will pick Renault 1 - 2, Massa perhaps 4th of 5th
Amjad wrote:I think we all will see changing in both championships during next 3 races.
So you think Ferrari and Michael will overtake Renault and Alonso in the next 3 races :shock: :shock: :shock: . Good luck in 8 'n' Pole then :D
I don't Know, may be im getting old for that, and not keeping with F1 technology, but if i have more grip with tyre so i will have to put less wing as i don't need so much high downforce to keep the car in the road, as i initally have advantage in slow part, the difficult thing to undurstand why Renault don't put so much wing to try to reduce the lost time in the slow part and get more grip and not count only in thier top speed.

I will Pick Alonso for win and pole as i lost too many point due to pick of MS, even picking MS in USA give me 30 points which will be v good as i thing most pick Alonso for pole and win.
5th in 2005 in 8 & Pole
18th in 2010 in 10&Pole

8 n Pole Admin

Post by 8 n Pole Admin » Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:49 pm

Two players top scored this round with 42 points.

The average was 21.29

Kev and dinosh_12 both scored 42 points, both submitted picks for this round and they were less than 15 minutes apart but Kev was the earlier!.
?
Congratulations to Kev, you have won a NewsOnF1 Compact Smart Digital Clock with Alarm.

Please give us your comments on how you've managed such a stunning pick!
All other players can contribute here as well. We'd love to hear from you.

Overall, asrar extends the lead to 10 points ahead of JD with Greg 3rd place.

The Overall Top 20 is available here

The USA Top 100 is available here

The Popularity Picks for the round of USA is available here

Results for individuals and groups have all been sent.

Good Luck in France!
8 'n' Pole - The Best F1 Guessing Game
Register - Submit

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:09 pm

Your Score for this round is 14 and your Rank for this round is 600 (Top score this round: 42)

Your Total score is 258 and your Overall Rank is 415 out of 1992

This is probably the worst score for me EVER

600th :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

:furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:

Well done guys but how can you score 42 points, I mean I don't pick Michael so there goes 10 points but there is a 28 points difference here :shock: :D :wink: