Live Formula 1 in Internet?

After some help or advice on a Formula 1 related topic ? Ask here!

Moderator: Ed

flavio_ge
Getting Started
Getting Started

Live Formula 1 in Internet?

Post by flavio_ge » Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:29 am

Hi guys,

my name is Flavio, I'm from Genoa, Italy but I'm currently working in Finland. I'm new in the forum and I'll start with a question that maybe some other guys already asked... In this case, well, just apologize for it!!

As I do not have any TV here in Finland I'm wondering if there is any website - chinese, japanese, arabic, spanish, whatsoever!! - broadcasting live GPs on Internet. Next sunday season's starting and I definitely cannot miss it...

Can someone help??

I also saw some kind of "live" service in a website called F1-live.com. I guess it's not the actual GP but rather some very detailed report of lap times, positions and so on which is updated every few secs. Am I wrong? Is it worth to sign up?

Thanks in advance,

Flavio

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Post by Ed » Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:13 am

Welcome to our Forum Flavio,

As it is prohibited to broadcast live F1 races in video format, you won't find any respected or well known site to do that.

There are a few sites that display the timings of each session including the race. Please visit our live coverage page here.
We plan to provide commentary on the sessions and the race for most of the races in 2007 on this forum.

You could find footage of the highlights of the race on YouTube a short while after the race.

Hope this helps

flavio_ge
Getting Started
Getting Started

Post by flavio_ge » Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:40 am

Ed wrote:Welcome to our Forum Flavio,

As it is prohibited to broadcast live F1 races in video format, you won't find any respected or well known site to do that.

There are a few sites that display the timings of each session including the race. Please visit our live coverage page here.
We plan to provide commentary on the sessions and the race for most of the races in 2007 on this forum.

You could find footage of the highlights of the race on YouTube a short while after the race.

Hope this helps

Hi,

thanks a lot for your reply!! :D

I'll definitely take a look at that section. In a way I "felt" it was prohibited, but my heart still hoped in some "exotic" website...

Thanks

Flavio

laurinous
Getting Started
Getting Started

Re: Live Formula 1 in Internet?

Post by laurinous » Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:35 pm

flavio_ge wrote:Hi guys,

my name is Flavio, I'm from Genoa, Italy but I'm currently working in Finland. I'm new in the forum and I'll start with a question that maybe some other guys already asked... In this case, well, just apologize for it!!

As I do not have any TV here in Finland I'm wondering if there is any website - chinese, japanese, arabic, spanish, whatsoever!! - broadcasting live GPs on Internet. Next sunday season's starting and I definitely cannot miss it...

Can someone help??

I also saw some kind of "live" service in a website called F1-live.com. I guess it's not the actual GP but rather some very detailed report of lap times, positions and so on which is updated every few secs. Am I wrong? Is it worth to sign up?

Thanks in advance,

Flavio

Ok Flavio, the think is that yes, you can watch Formula 1 in LIVE from the internet. It is possible through finnish tv-broadcasting company MTV3 and here is the link for their service: http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/f1/ ,then you have to choose from the left banner "Formula 1 Anytime" and new window will open. Then you need a registration and pay for watching (1 day = 5 euros, 6 days = 9 euros etc.) then, just click "Käynnistä Live lähetys" from upper left frame and enjoy. Only thing what makes this hard is that instructions, registration etc. is in finnish... but you get it working if you want! Im in USA and can't see Monza because restrictions of broadcasting through internet... damn it! But you can... so dont lose your opportunity!!!!

Best Regards,
Lauri - Finnish F1 Fan