Worst... F1 book... ever....

After some help or advice on a Formula 1 related topic ? Ask here!

Moderator: Ed

lemon_martini2
The Quizmaster
The Quizmaster

Worst... F1 book... ever....

Post by lemon_martini2 » Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:59 am

The Daily Telegraph Formula One Years book has just had a new issue published.It looks like someone at Andrea Moda wrote it.Serious factual abound....
*It has the 1978 Italian GP as non-championship,yet Andretti still becomes champion there.Brilliantly,he manages to win it again in Canada
*There is a special box on Lella Lombardi becoming the first F1 driver...on the 1976 page
*The start of the 1975 British GP is shown with a photograph of the 1976 British GP.You can tell this rather obviously since it also appears for the 1976 race
*Most bizarrely, a picture of Barrichello emotional at having come 2nd in the 1997 Monaco race is on the 1996 page(a year before the Stewart team,whose overalls he wears,entered F1) and captioned 'Barrichello is upset at having retired with four other cars at the start of the 1996 Monaco GP'....

Not to mention the infuriating habit of ending each year after the championship has been won,meaning half the results from 1992 disappear.No mention of the farcical 1991 Australian GP....

:( Anyone with a reasonable knowledge of Formula 1 should have picked these errors up.Seriously bad stuff...
Lemon loves Danielle Porta?ner for ever x x x

A NEW TRIVIA QUIZ WILL BE ARRIVING WITHIN THE NEXT FEW DAYS...LEMON'S BACK!

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Sat Jul 23, 2005 7:30 am

I also have a dogy book, it has a serious amount of mistakes, i will only name a few...

It has a 12 page segment on drivers helmets(past and present)
It has Alex Wurz and Gerhard Berger`s helmets labelled as david coulthard and juan pablo montoya respectively.
Jarno trulli`s helmet labelled as Heinz-Harald Frentzen, and alsonso`s clearly distinguishalble helmet labelled as Rubens Barrichello

It also has a picture of Shumi`s wife Corinna labelled as "Montoya`s loving wife connie"

and to put the cherry on the cake it has a picture of the Nouvelle Chicane in Monaco captioned like this : "Drivers find the chicane of Variante Bassa to be one of the trickiest in Monaco"

Who can posibly make such blatant mistakes and not know it ??.....beats me....

lemon_martini2
The Quizmaster
The Quizmaster

Post by lemon_martini2 » Sat Jul 23, 2005 7:36 am

<T-K> wrote:
It also has a picture of Shumi`s wife Corinna labelled as "Montoya`s loving wife connie"
Perhaps they just know something we don't
Lemon loves Danielle Porta?ner for ever x x x

A NEW TRIVIA QUIZ WILL BE ARRIVING WITHIN THE NEXT FEW DAYS...LEMON'S BACK!

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:22 am

lemon_martini2 wrote:
<T-K> wrote:
We will never know.....
It may be that all the drivers swap wives and girlfriends every month ....or it could be a typo, you can never be too shure these days.

(my bad bout the spelling)

GhoGho
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by GhoGho » Wed Aug 10, 2005 6:51 am

<T-K> wrote:
lemon_martini2 wrote:
<T-K> wrote:
We will never know.....
It may be that all the drivers swap wives and girlfriends every month ....or it could be a typo, you can never be too shure these days.

Seems like the "Silly Season" applies to wives as well :?: :lol: :shock: :lol:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:19 am

GhoGho wrote:
<T-K> wrote:
lemon_martini2 wrote:
We will never know.....

Seems like the "Silly Season" applies to wives as well :?: :lol: :shock: :lol:

Urk. Imagine following Schuey :shock:
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.