Pre-2007 Season Testing

Discuss Formula 1 Testing

Moderators: cmlean, Ed

Snowy
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by Snowy » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:15 pm

Ed wrote:Hakkinen sets a 1:21.201. That is more like it :wink:
So Ed do you stand by what you said? That you be suprised if Mika got lower than a 1'20. 8)
Lewis Hamilton & Jenson Button World Champions :)

TheFinn
F3 Tester
F3 Tester

Post by TheFinn » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:18 pm

Ed wrote:Welcome TheFinn!

The second post of this thread contains a direct link to the Java Window for the test session in Barcelona. Here is the link again :wink:

So why do you think Hakkinen is testing again ?
Many thx Ed! It seems that my firewall here at work doesnt like the live feed, have to see what there is to be done! Many thx anyway for the help! :lol:

To be honest, I dont really know! He is a good and fast driver but hasnt been in a F1 since 2001 so I really dont understand Ron. But it could be that he has a lot to give to the team regarding tyre testing. Seems that his laptime is improving alot! :wink: Let's see what that old man can do! :D

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Post by Ed » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:31 pm

Snowy wrote:
So Ed do you stand by what you said? That you be suprised if Mika got lower than a 1'20. 8)
Hakkinen sets a 1:19.522.

Yes I am (pleasantly) surprised :clap: :clap:

TheFinn
F3 Tester
F3 Tester

Post by TheFinn » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:36 pm

Ed wrote:
Snowy wrote:
Hakkinen sets a 1:19.522.

Yes I am (pleasantly) surprised :clap: :clap:
If he goes under 1.17.5, then he is the old H?kkinen! 8)

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Post by Ed » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:38 pm

TheFinn wrote:

The second post of this thread contains a direct link to the Java Window for the test session in Barcelona. Here is the link again :wink:

Many thx Ed! It seems that my firewall here at work doesnt like the live feed, have to see what there is to be done! Many thx anyway for the help! :lol:

To be honest, I dont really know! He is a good and fast driver but hasnt been in a F1 since 2001 so I really dont understand Ron. But it could be that he has a lot to give to the team regarding tyre testing. Seems that his laptime is improving alot! :wink: Let's see what that old man can do! :D
No worries TheFinn.

Have you tried the HTML version (click here). It isn't as good as the Java one but has most of the information

It looks like once he got all the rust away, he's only 3 seconds off the pace and that is after just 38 laps! His input now starts to become valuable.

gkaytaz
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by gkaytaz » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:45 pm

Yes, that's more like it. If Hakkinen only stayed in the 1.40s then people would have asked "why bother?" Rightfully so too :)

True, the simulator is nothing like the real car but after clocking many laps at horrendous times and then suddenly starting to improve dramatically made me think that Hakkinen and McLaren was up to something else.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

TheFinn
F3 Tester
F3 Tester

Post by TheFinn » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:46 pm

Ed wrote:
TheFinn wrote:

No worries TheFinn.

Have you tried the HTML version (click here). It isn't as good as the Java one but has most of the information

It looks like once he got all the rust away, he's only 3 seconds off the pace and that is after just 38 laps! His input now starts to become valuable.
It doesn't connect up to that IP where the HTML is, so I'm counting on you my friend to keep me up to date here!! :lol: :lol:

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Post by Ed » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:56 pm

TheFinn wrote:
It doesn't connect up to that IP where the HTML is, so I'm counting on you my friend to keep me up to date here!! :lol: :lol:
The HTML site has been playing up and is slow we've noticed!

Even the Java page is playing up.

But no worries, we'll try to keep everyone posted. Of course other valued members continue providing information after we log off!

You are from Finland or a fan of a Finn :wink:

gkaytaz
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by gkaytaz » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:58 pm

Ed wrote: Good point Snowy, the official team press releases call it the SF1 team interim car. That doesn't have the designation of last year's cars (SA06).
However, Super Aguri cannot just use the Honda. It could be the SA06 with a Honda rear end or something!

As for the one car, well they could be short on resources or drivers. Williams are only testing with one car and Spyker are not testing at all.

One thing for sure, if they are using a fully built Honda, they'll be some protests!
Certainly. That'd be really unfair to Spyker for one. If Aguri is using a Honda then what's keeping STR from using RBR? Poor old Spyker does not have that kind of luxury...
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

Snowy
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by Snowy » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:02 pm

Ed wrote:
TheFinn wrote:

But no worries, we'll try to keep everyone posted. Of course other valued members continue providing information after we log off!

Dare I add your English is very good if you are a Finn!

Hi and welcome. I was going to welcome you earlier in Finnish but Babel Fish doesn't do English to Finnish so I spent a bit of time looking for some Finnish, got side tracked and heere we are an hour later and only just saying hello. :?

Oh and I've been trying to get a cup of coffee! :roll:
:welcome: :havefun: :wave:

gkaytaz
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by gkaytaz » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:07 pm

Snowy wrote: Oh and I've been trying to get a cup of coffee! :roll:
:welcome: :havefun: :wave:
Must be cuz of all the Java talk :mrgreen:

gkaytaz
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by gkaytaz » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:09 pm

Ed wrote:
His timing makes me think the latter :)

By the way :welcome: to our forum Finn. :cheers:

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Post by Ed » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:11 pm

Firewall discussion moved to a separate thread in The Lounge

TheFinn
F3 Tester
F3 Tester

Post by TheFinn » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:16 pm

Ed wrote:
TheFinn wrote:

I'm from Finland and a fan of at least finnish F1 drivers (all of them both Mikas, JJ, Kimi and Heikki)! :wink: Nice welcome from you all, I take a bow and shake my hand with you! You guys from UK?

Snowy
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by Snowy » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:21 pm

TheFinn wrote:
I'm from Finland and a fan of at least finnish F1 drivers (all of them both Mikas, JJ, Kimi and Heikki)! :wink: Nice welcome from you all, I take a bow and shake my hand with you! You guys from UK?
:danger: Oh that's gonna hurt :x

I am though :bouncec: