All about V8 Supercars Racing

Moderators: Ed, Julian Mayo

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:00 pm

Southernman wrote:
Julian Mayo wrote:
Southernman wrote:This is one of my favourite tracks. Not only are the drivers competing against each other, they are competing against the track. Difficult tracks make for interesting racing. :drive:

Tander must hate this track with all the back luck he has had here. Car problems two years in a row. :shock:
Interestingly, the Guy who owns the track, and the zillion acres around it has said that when it is subdivided in 2009, he intends to build an improved, updated version of the track, bridge n all a few miles down the road.
It will only cost him spare change from the quadrillions he wll get from the Sale of OP. :lol:
Pleased to here that. I do like bridges and tunnels (Monaco in F1) in race tracks. No idea why though. :roll:
Me too.
Tony Peitch, the owner, has the race for 2008, and has applied for the round in 2009. That will determine when the track closes for good.
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

Southernman
2004 Top 10
2004 Top 10

Post by Southernman » Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:26 pm

Just watch race two. It appeals to my dark side watching wet weather racing on bumpy tracks and watching cars collect mud when they go off track. :D The good news is that this week the third race will be on NZ TV in less than an hours time. It's good that TVNZ have got decent viewing times this week.

Lowndes gets my driver of the race for race two. Good wet weather driving. Bad luck for Rick Kelly being at the end of other drivers mistakes.

Great watching Ingall's in car view near the end of the race when his window wiper wasn't working.

Well done Van Gisbergen get his first points in only his second race. :clap:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:01 pm

Southernman wrote:Just watch race two. It appeals to my dark side watching wet weather racing on bumpy tracks and watching cars collect mud when they go off track. :D The good news is that this week the third race will be on NZ TV in less than an hours time. It's good that TVNZ have got decent viewing times this week.

Lowndes gets my driver of the race for race two. Good wet weather driving. Bad luck for Rick Kelly being at the end of other drivers mistakes.

Great watching Ingall's in car view near the end of the race when his window wiper wasn't working.

Well done Van Gisbergen get his first points in only his second race. :clap:
I will hold off the results of Race Three then.
In fact, I think it will take the stewards about 3 weeks to declare the official results, apart from the Winner. Your dark side will be very, very happy. 8)

Southernman
2004 Top 10
2004 Top 10

Post by Southernman » Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:15 pm

Just watched race three. Was that a V8 supercar race or a demolition derby. :shock: I can see the officials reading to riot act to the drivers for the way they "drove". Thats apart from Holdsworth who drove an excellent race.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:07 pm

Southernman wrote:Just watched race three. Was that a V8 supercar race or a demolition derby. :shock: I can see the officials reading to riot act to the drivers for the way they "drove". Thats apart from Holdsworth who drove an excellent race.
There were a couple of excellent drives in amongst it all :lol:

rah
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by rah » Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:11 am

Southernman wrote:Just watched race three. Was that a V8 supercar race or a demolition derby. :shock: I can see the officials reading to riot act to the drivers for the way they "drove". Thats apart from Holdsworth who drove an excellent race.
Completely agree, got a bit silly at the end. Holdsworth drove very well indeed. Nice to see Garry Rodgers doing well again.
Ok, Lewis may win the WDC in 07, but Sato will beat him in 08.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:48 am

rah wrote:
Completely agree, got a bit silly at the end. Holdsworth drove very well indeed. Nice to see Garry Rodgers doing well again.
Could be a while before all the results get the green light