2007 V8 8'n'Pole Round 11 Surfers Paradise (October 19-21)

All about V8 Supercars Racing

Moderators: Ed, Julian Mayo

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:18 pm

The Conduit wrote:
jacfan wrote:I am not sure how many rounds there are left but I am out.
Thanks cm you do a great job.
Hope Julian turns up again soon.
:D
I am beginning to feel that, having entered the room full of people, I am alone. I trust my interloping has not caused this
:cry:
:welcome: As one of the forum moderators, welcome to News On F1, Conduit. Feel free to browse the various sections, from F1 to the V8 Supercars to the NA motorsports area(that's my particular bailiwick! :burnout: ) and become a part of the forums......there's even a lounge forum where a lot of us can be found, so feel free to drop by the F1 Idiots bar anytime. Anyway, like I said, welcome to the forums, Conduit!!! :welcome: :havefun:
The Sci-Fi Station Come by and visit when you get the chance. :)
The Wayward Tarheel I'm even in the blogosphere.... :shock:

The Conduit
F3 Tester
F3 Tester

Post by The Conduit » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:26 pm

mlittle wrote:
The Conduit wrote:
I am beginning to feel that, having entered the room full of people, I am alone. I trust my interloping has not caused this
:welcome: As one of the forum moderators, welcome to News On F1, Conduit. Feel free to browse the various sections, from F1 to the V8 Supercars to the NA motorsports area(that's my particular bailiwick! :burnout: ) and become a part of the forums......there's even a lounge forum where a lot of us can be found, so feel free to drop by the F1 Idiots bar anytime. Anyway, like I said, welcome to the forums, Conduit!!! :welcome: :havefun:
Merci! Is the M for mesuir?
I do enjoy most forms of motorsport, but I am ignorance plus, especially with your NA (?)
V8Supercars I have seen, they are fantastique.
But F1 is my passion, perhaps then I too am an "F1 Idiot' given the current administration Je ne sui pas contont!!!!!!!!
Merci again, for your kind welcome

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:44 pm

The Conduit wrote:
mlittle wrote:
The Conduit wrote:
Merci! Is the M for mesuir?
I do enjoy most forms of motorsport, but I am ignorance plus, especially with your NA (?)
V8Supercars I have seen, they are fantastique.
But F1 is my passion, perhaps then I too am an "F1 Idiot' given the current administration Je ne sui pas contont!!!!!!!!
Merci again, for your kind welcome
Multi-part posting.......
(1)You'd be correct; the m is for mister
(2)NA motorsports primarily refers to (N)orth (A)merican open-wheel racing(with its' two main top-level, separate series, the IRL and the ChampCar series) and its' concordant minefields(usually laid down thanks to the CART-IRL split back in 1996..... :evil: )
(3)the V8's are an awesome series(shame Speed Channel only shows the races in the winter...... :( )
(4)but like all of us here, F1 is why we're all....it is the premiere form of motorsports, even with Dr. Jekyll and Dracula(a/k/a Max Mosely and Bernie Ecclestone) running the asylum
The Sci-Fi Station Come by and visit when you get the chance. :)
The Wayward Tarheel I'm even in the blogosphere.... :shock:

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:13 pm

The Conduit wrote:
Please excuse my rudeness. I have not even been polite enough to welcome you.
So from me a very belated :welcome: Normally this is a fun place and the lounge is where all the idiots hang out for a drink or two. :cheers:
Don't think that I am leaving because you or anyone else has joined. I don't like some of the posts that have been going with, as a very good friend of mine, calls LH....... Hambone!!
It is actually good for the forums to have someone new. So please enjoy everything.
Holy crap on a cracker! Image
Number one idiot for 2007!!!!!
2008 Round of France winner!!! Wooooooohoooo!!!!!!
2010 Round of Britian winner!!!!!!

cmlean

Post by cmlean » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:48 pm

I will use your last entry before the endurance rounds for the remainder of the season. I can't let you off that easily.

cmlean

Post by cmlean » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:51 pm

Jacfan enrty

Pole. Garth Tander. He seems to be popular for pole.

Winner Craig Lowndes. I love Craig.
2nd Rick Kelly
3rd Garth Tander
4th Todd Kelly
5th James Courtney
6th Greg Murphy
7th Russell Ingall
8th Steven Richards

The Conduit
F3 Tester
F3 Tester

Post by The Conduit » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:22 am

jacfan wrote:
The Conduit wrote:
So from me a very belated :welcome: Normally this is a fun place and the lounge is where all the idiots hang out for a drink or two. :cheers:
Don't think that I am leaving because you or anyone else has joined. I don't like some of the posts that have been going with, as a very good friend of mine, calls LH....... Hambone!!
It is actually good for the forums to have someone new. So please enjoy everything.
Thank you, Cherie.
But you must not go, :cry: it was you in particular who tempted me to the forum. I will be desolate, inconsolable, forced to take solace in Perno' and be tempted to reach for the dreaded nicotine. Would you be responsible for my return to such vice? Surely a woman of such passion and compassion would say Non !!!!
Your very good friend would be Julien Mayo, I too favour his nom de plume for LH.
Surely you would be here for his return???? :cry:

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:18 am

Ok I will finish off the year. Thanks cm. I think I will stay with those tips anyway.

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:20 am

The Conduit wrote:
jacfan wrote:
The Conduit wrote:
Thank you, Cherie.
But you must not go, :cry: it was you in particular who tempted me to the forum. I will be desolate, inconsolable, forced to take solace in Perno' and be tempted to reach for the dreaded nicotine. Would you be responsible for my return to such vice? Surely a woman of such passion and compassion would say Non !!!!
Your very good friend would be Julien Mayo, I too favour his nom de plume for LH.
You are very persausive and yes Julian is my very good friend. I miss his wit and humour around here. But you mon cherie are very charming too. So to save you from taking up smoking I will still be around but perhaps a little bit quieter than before.

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:21 am

cmlean wrote:Jacfan enrty

Pole. Garth Tander. He seems to be popular for pole.

Winner Craig Lowndes. I love Craig.
2nd Rick Kelly
3rd Garth Tander
4th Todd Kelly
5th James Courtney
6th Greg Murphy
7th Russell Ingall
8th Steven Richards
Thanks cm!! That list looks good to me. I will stick with that.

The Conduit
F3 Tester
F3 Tester

Post by The Conduit » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:27 am

jacfan wrote:
The Conduit wrote:
jacfan wrote: Please excuse my rudeness. I have not even been polite enough to welcome you.
Thank you, Cherie.
You are very persausive and yes Julian is my very good friend. I miss his wit and humour around here. But you mon cherie are very charming too. So to save you from taking up smoking I will still be around but perhaps a little bit quieter than before.

Bravo Mon Ami, though I perhaps will still sample the occasional Perno' :wink: :cheers:

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:29 am

Yes you can certainly do that. :cheers: Or perhaps you care for a Cointreau? over ice. I love it!!!

The Conduit
F3 Tester
F3 Tester

Post by The Conduit » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:15 pm

jacfan wrote:Yes you can certainly do that. :cheers: Or perhaps you care for a Cointreau? over ice. I love it!!!
Slow, my racing heart, slow. A cointreau on ice, shared, while retiring to a candlelit room of dreams and delight, the fire flickering low on the hearth. :!:

cmlean

Post by cmlean » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:49 pm

For those on the other side of the world.
Winterbottom has been excluded from the qualifying results after provisionally being on pole.

Ruling is that the engine timing has a maximum advance of 6 degrees and the Ford Performance Vehicles Falcon exceded this limit for the period of 0.19 seconds on the qualifying lap.

Penalty: Rear of field start.

Pole Tander
2 Courtney
3 Whincup

The Conduit
F3 Tester
F3 Tester

Post by The Conduit » Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:09 am

cmlean wrote:For those on the other side of the world.
Winterbottom has been excluded from the qualifying results after provisionally being on pole.

Ruling is that the engine timing has a maximum advance of 6 degrees and the Ford Performance Vehicles Falcon exceded this limit for the period of 0.19 seconds on the qualifying lap.

Penalty: Rear of field start.

Pole Tander
2 Courtney
3 Whincup
merci!
And for the rest???