Should Shumacher retire and manage a smaller team

Discuss all the aspects of the Formula 1 sport here

Moderators: cmlean, Ed, The Qualiflyer, The Heretic

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Should Shumacher retire and manage a smaller team

Post by <T-K> » Thu May 12, 2005 5:08 am

I Feel that michael shumacher should retire at the end of this season, and put all his racing knowledge to good use.......by becoming team boss to a team like Minardi.......Im sure he would be able to bring such a team to at least the second row of the grid.....What do you think???????

sgd
Racer
Racer

Post by sgd » Thu May 12, 2005 5:28 am

i have 2 opposite felings when think about MS's retirement...
1.I'd like him to stay for 3 more year and see how Alonso, Kimi and Montoya win the title while his is still racing... ;)

2.Te worst of F1 (beside Bernie) is Todt, if MS's retirement implies Todt retirement it would be great!!!

about him becoming team boss... i didn't think about it before... it would be interesting, why not? BUT ONLY WITHOUT TODT!!!!!!! :evil: :evil:

why i hate Todt? see the thread "ferrari is cheating" ...
Todt - the cheat-master! (here cheat means "anti-sportive tactics")

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Thu May 12, 2005 5:55 am

Although i agree about todt.......i really think that shumacher would be able to lift a team like minardi out of the dumps.....he could even put a bit of money into it (if hes feeling generous).... :P

rah
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by rah » Thu May 12, 2005 9:30 am

I think MS will stay in F1 a couple more years. He still has the pace.

I would love him to manage a team though. I am sure he has a great deal to give to a team like minardi and jordan. But you would most likely see him with Sauber
Ok, Lewis may win the WDC in 07, but Sato will beat him in 08.

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Thu May 12, 2005 10:31 am

If I remember correctly, Michael wants to stay long term with Ferrari (the Bambino Series is a start :wink: )

I must say he probably would be a successful team manager. He's been through all the tricks in the book :shock:

However it is rare that a very successful driver can become a very successful team manager. Remember Prost !! Even Stewart, he managed to sell the team but the team he created wasn't very successful
I'm back and yes supporting Alonso "The Cute" in the Ferrari!

rah
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by rah » Thu May 12, 2005 10:37 am

Stewart was just starting to go well when he sold his team to Ford. Through all those years in Jaguar, ford never managed to get the results Stewart did.

I agree on Prost though.

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Thu May 12, 2005 10:39 am

rah wrote:Stewart was just starting to go well when he sold his team to Ford. Through all those years in Jaguar, ford never managed to get the results Stewart did.

I agree on Prost though.
I didn't say Stewart wasn't successful, just not as successful as Stewart as a driver. They won a race but that was more luck than pace!
I'm back and yes supporting Alonso "The Cute" in the Ferrari!

N. Jones
Go Kart Racer
Go Kart Racer

Post by N. Jones » Thu May 12, 2005 10:53 am

Remember that Micheal is not a fan of the spotlight; so joining a team (whether new or old) in any capacity will just mean more press hounding him. I don't think he could put up with that right away...

rah
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by rah » Thu May 12, 2005 12:36 pm

That kind of publicity would be handy for a smaller team. He would definately attract more sponsors.

Graham Ross
Racer
Racer

Post by Graham Ross » Thu May 12, 2005 2:28 pm

A few more melting Bridgestones, leaking hydraulic pumps, faulty gearboxes and he will retire

I think it is downhill from here for Michael (I think he likes skiing :lol: )

Welcome T-K :wave:
Any South African drivers up and coming ?

Kapel
2004 Champ
2004 Champ

Post by Kapel » Thu May 12, 2005 6:48 pm

T-K :welcome:

I doubt Michael will retire if he loses the championship this year ,mayb next year.Knowing him , he would want to retire on a high.

Michael would definitely not buy a team anytime soon.Would think of coming back & buying some team,but i guess he would just disappear once he retires. :(
An F1 Idiot!!!

irfan
2004 Winner
2004 Winner

Post by irfan » Thu May 12, 2005 6:54 pm

I feel MS should retire and manage Jordan and groove Narain Karthikeyan.
:wink:

grandprixdiary
F3 Tester
F3 Tester

Post by grandprixdiary » Thu May 12, 2005 8:14 pm

Sorry to dissapoint, but Michael has said on many occasions that he will have no role in F1 when he hangs up his boots, why would he ? look how Prost completely tarnished everything he had ever achieved. Besides, part of Michaels deal with Ferrari involves him acting as an ambassador for the team and Fiat and he has indicated that this is the only job he'll do as and when he retires. Mind you, he also said in Imola that he could go on until 40 - so I shouldn't worry too much about it yet !

Rob

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Thu May 12, 2005 9:34 pm

Of course theres an up and coming south african..........ME :) ..........gonna go race in the uk in two years time....then onwards and upwards...

Kapel
2004 Champ
2004 Champ

Post by Kapel » Thu May 12, 2005 9:54 pm

<T-K> wrote:Of course theres an up and coming south african..........ME :) ..........gonna go race in the uk in two years time....then onwards and upwards...
Hey T-K,thats great.But if you keep posting messages here,U'll be a Formula 1 racers in months :wink: Look at Julian :rolling: :ROTFLMAO: :bouncest: :bouncey: :burnout:
An F1 Idiot!!!