Sato got the raw deal

Discuss all the aspects of the Formula 1 sport here

Moderators: cmlean, Ed, The Qualiflyer, The Heretic

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Sato got the raw deal

Post by <T-K> » Thu May 12, 2005 6:18 am

Dont u think sato has been the real loser out of this whole bar disqualification scandal........THEY DIDNT EVEN CHECK HIS CAR :twisted: ...... yet he gets ousted along with the team....maybe they shouldve only banned jenson.......or not given a ban at all.......yr thoughts??

sgd
Racer
Racer

Re: Sato got the raw deal

Post by sgd » Thu May 12, 2005 9:27 am

<T-K> wrote:Dont u think sato has been the real loser out of this whole bar disqualification scandal........THEY DIDNT EVEN CHECK HIS CAR :twisted: ...... yet he gets ousted along with the team....maybe they shouldve only banned jenson.......or not given a ban at all.......yr thoughts??
FIA asked if both cars were identical, BAR said "yes".

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Thu May 12, 2005 10:27 am

First :welcome: T-K

And I fully agree that Sato's penalty wasn't fair (and neither was BAR's for that matter).

But Sato's car was declared legal, how then do you go an assume that it may have been underweight without any physical data or evidence to support it.

Nonsense but I think teams beware of BAR when the come back.

Even though the penalty in my opinion was grossly unfair, they'll learn.
They have been under far more pressure in the past.
I'm back and yes supporting Alonso "The Cute" in the Ferrari!

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Thu May 12, 2005 9:40 pm

FINALLY someone who agrees with me.......so far every one i have spoken to has disagreed and told me that they (Sato and Button) deserved it......which i think is complete rubbish.

F1greyhound
Over 500
Over 500

Post by F1greyhound » Thu May 12, 2005 10:26 pm

F1 is an expensive game, BAR and HONDA made great efforts to reach the top, their drivers did a great job for the last 2 years(Im not saying since JV left, but definitely since Jenson joined them).
The verdict is grossly unfair and cant be accepted by the team, how many millions worth is their loss? It was a very unspirited and dumb move by the FIA, cant understand why Bernie didnt interfere in this case(dont tell me he couldnt). :roll:
YOURS IN SPORT

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Fri May 13, 2005 4:14 am

F1greyhound wrote:F1 is an expensive game, BAR and HONDA made great efforts to reach the top, their drivers did a great job for the last 2 years(Im not saying since JV left, but definitely since Jenson joined them).
The verdict is grossly unfair and cant be accepted by the team, how many millions worth is their loss? It was a very unspirited and dumb move by the FIA, cant understand why Bernie didnt interfere in this case(dont tell me he couldnt). :roll:

From what i have heard, its gonna set B.A.R back just over $60 mil, which is quite a large sum of money, even for a team like bar.