7 gets the tele rights

All about V8 Supercars Racing

Moderators: Ed, Julian Mayo

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:25 pm

Any time You are a bit concerned with 7s coverage while you are watching it Bob, just think "Eastlake, Mike Raymond, Red Jackets etc' then take a deep breath and enjoy what you see.
The Fine points of the coverage are still being nutted out, but I am assured that we will see more than ever. It looks like the Footy will have a 5pm slot at this stage, and a deal has finally been done with Foxtel.
As I say, it is still being honed, but I am just starting to relax about it all.
Although, you being in SA, might have a delayed coverage when the Adelaide teams are playing interstate. Ch 7 is obliged to cover their away games if Foxtel isn't.
tThe potential problem rounds are Winton May20, Eastern CreekJune10, Darwin June24, Willowbank July22, and Oran Park August 19
How much, if any, disruption will depend on which of the two Sunday games are telecast by foxsport, and the footy schedule beyond May 4-6 I dont know.
Fingers crossed Bob.
(Info was reported by Mark Fogarty, in Australian AutoAction)

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:26 am

According to the latest info Ch7 will present 157.5 hours of V8s and supports, which is about double last years.
It has also secured the rights to the full event coverage of the Lexmark Indy 300.
Tony Cochrane is reported as saying that the Sunday races will be run earlier and the Racecast will lead into the Footy on Sundays.....

cmlean

Post by cmlean » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:30 am

Let me see

Football 3 hrs
Start time : approx 2pm

V8s
Sprint Races
Race 3 start 1pm (1hr telecast allocation)
Race 2 start 11am (1hr break between)

Race 1 Saturday ?

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:40 am

Foxtel will be broadcasting a lot of the games. I think Big Tony is referring to the few games 7 is obliged to telecast.
Also, be prepared to be in front of the box a lot earlier than past seasons.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:49 am

There is a promise of a minimum 3 hours on Saturdays, and an "extended"coverage on Sundays.......I think one should plan an early breakfast for Sundays.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:34 am

DADA !!!!!! :horn: :horn: :rap: :woohoo: :horn: :horn: :horn: :rap:

Television broadcast times have been added to the Calendar Thread:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:22 pm

CH7 will also broadcast a regular weekend show called V8 Extra, and support race coverage.
Don't forget that CH7 gave us the in-car camera, and helicopter shots, so lets all be a bit optomistic :lol:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:29 pm

bob from south australia wrote:Neil Crompton will definatley bring some informed, interesting and professional content to the broadcasts. I am a huge Crompton fan.
As soon as I typed thet word (huge) I thought of Daryl Eastlake. No matter what 7 do, at least we wont get that sort of rubbish.
I am concerned how 7 will fit in football and supercars on the same days. I hope I'm wrong but I dont see 7 putting Supercars before football.
I also wory about Clipsal, Sandown, Bathurst and the like where many extra presenters are required to cover the events to the standard of 10. We realy did have a good mix at ten. I dont see the same depth of talent at 7.
Denyer has proved he can step up to the mark as a driver and has been good on the weather but wears thin on some of the other shows he been doing latley. I'm sure its not anything he does personaly but more how the particular shows are directed / produced and the audiance they are aimed at.
I am trying to keep an open mind and cant wait for the series to start. Not long now and we will see exactly whats what. Then we can either praise them or point out the short falls.
Remember Barry Oliver ? Apparantly he will be the main "mike man".

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:56 pm

One thing that concerns me. If the race is running late (Thru a long safety car period/red flag/ Too much hail to start the race, etc) what will happen ?
Start the Footy late?
Cut to the Footy before race end ?
Lose a big chunk of the race, by reducing laps to fit the Telecast time?

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:30 am

First impressions: The camera work was not too bad.
Shoot Denyer and Biretta, someone, please. The gags caused me to gag.
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.